Results 5,001 to 5,020 of 5312

Thread: TLHLIM

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,852 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    The good news is Gab.ai can figure out the answer to that question. That's how markets work. Product differentiation and all that jazz.
    What does it say about the ideology that you support where the tech build based off of it is unwilling to decipher the society contributions bewtelween Elon musk and Adoplhlf Hitler?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,852 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Nothing exposes lack of knowledge and purpose of Chatbots more than online discourse about chatbots.

It’s a customer service tool that can write a mediocre essay in a tight pinch. If you expose more meaning and intent beyond then I’m not sure what to tell you.
    The chatbot is not the issue. Rather than the ideology that built it that prevails among our country's academics, government, and corporations

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,544 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    What does it say about the ideology that you support where the tech build based off of it is unwilling to decipher the society contributions bewtelween Elon musk and Adoplhlf Hitler?
    they are overly sensitive at what folks like you will say if they give a reply you don't like

imagine if the answer was that elon musk is a far more dangerous psychopath

why take that chance
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    You know how I feel about the narrative on the impacts of AI, at least in the next fifty years, but there should be some moral compass whereby the return message can differentiate between Hitler and Musk.
    Believe me. I don’t necessarily blame the consumer. The majority of blame lies at the feet of these AI companies for pushing a beta out into the mainstream without any sense of how it would be used.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,544 Posts
    y'all seem to have forgotten about the story of one of the early chatbots that was trained on discourse on twitter...it came out spewing a bunch of racist nonsense...developers at google have probably overinternalized that experience

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,332 Posts
    The chatbot is not the issue. Rather than the ideology that built it that prevails among our country's academics, government, and corporations

I’m sure Grok will give a different ideological response and if the technology is good then competition will rise the tide for everyone.

The discourse around AI mirrors that of Web 3. Yes there are concerns and we should have serious conversations about ethics and regulation (fair use, etc.). Worrying about how the Chatbot feels about Caitlyn Jenner and nuclear bombs is missing the forest for the trees imo.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    You know how I feel about the narrative on the impacts of AI, at least in the next fifty years, but there should be some moral compass whereby the return message can differentiate between Hitler and Musk.
    Programming a moral compass is how we got into this predicament. These chatbots can’t even handle airline ticket refund questions, so why should we expect them to solve morality (something humans haven’t figured out despite being the most empathetic creature ever created).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,911 Posts
    Believe me. I don’t necessarily blame the consumer. The majority of blame lies at the feet of these AI companies for pushing a beta out into the mainstream without any sense of how it would be used.
    Isn’t the idea that the consumer market broke the implicit bias that exists within the underlying logic/algorithmic ranking system?

My guess is they hoped it wouldn’t be uncovered which confirms your assessment they had no clue how the consumer market would test it.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,332 Posts
    Programming a moral compass is how we got into this predicament. These chatbots can’t even handle airline ticket refund questions, so why should we expect them to solve morality (something humans haven’t figured out despite being the most empathetic creature ever created).
    Source: https://techhq.com/2024/02/air-canad...-used-chatbot/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,852 Posts
    I’m sure Grok will give a different ideological response and if the technology is good then competition will rise the tide for everyone.

The discourse around AI mirrors that of Web 3. Yes there are concerns and we should have serious conversations about ethics and regulation (fair use, etc.). Worrying about how the Chatbot feels about Caitlyn Jenner and nuclear bombs is missing the forest for the trees imo.
    I just feel this is a real world definitive proof of the insane ideology of our tech company overlords

It's not a "conservative conspiracy" anymore. They are insane and it's clearly showing in their product, which just happens to be the largest information product in human history

And 40 years from now when the people who know reality have died off, the entire stream of I formation will be controlled by ideologues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,911 Posts
    I just feel this is a real world definitive proof of the insane ideology of our tech company overlords

It's not a "conservative conspiracy" anymore. They are insane and it's clearly showing in their product, which just happens to be the largest information product in human history

And 40 years from now when the people who know reality have died off, the entire stream of I formation will be controlled by ideologues
    Bingo on the last sentence. That’s the underlying goal. Eventually l, if we continue down this path it will be common knowledge that trump was in fact Hitler.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,544 Posts
    I'm surprised sturg hasn't asked Gemini what is a woman.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,911 Posts
    I’d be surprised if it had a coherent answer.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,544 Posts
    What is a woman
    Show drafts

The question "What is a woman?" is complex and has different layers of understanding. Here's a breakdown of some key perspectives:

1. Biological Definition:

Traditionally, the term "woman" refers to someone with XX chromosomes and female reproductive organs like ovaries and a uterus. This definition is primarily rooted in biology and focuses on physical characteristics.
    2. Social and Cultural Definition:

Beyond the biological aspects, the concept of "woman" is also shaped by social and cultural factors. This includes experiences, roles, and identities associated with femininity, which can vary significantly across cultures and historical periods.
    3. Gender Identity:

More recently, the concept of gender identity has emerged as a significant factor. Gender identity refers to a person's internal sense of being male, female, neither, or both, regardless of their sex assigned at birth. This perspective emphasizes self-identification rather than solely relying on biological features.
    It's important to understand that these different perspectives are not mutually exclusive and can interact in complex ways. Defining "woman" becomes a nuanced discussion, and it's crucial to approach it with respect and understanding.

Here are some additional points to consider:

The definition of "woman" is not static and can evolve over time. This is due to changing social norms, scientific advancements, and ongoing dialogue about gender and identity.
    There is no single, universally accepted definition of "woman." Different individuals and groups may have varying perspectives based on their backgrounds and experiences.
    It's important to be mindful of these complexities when discussing this topic and to engage in respectful dialogue that acknowledges different perspectives.

If you have further questions or would like to explore specific aspects of this topic, I encourage you to conduct further research or engage in respectful conversations with individuals who have different perspectives.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,544 Posts
    Boring. I would have appreciated an edgier answer.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,852 Posts
    Not sure the tech can handle the circular definition of "someone who identifies as a woman"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,544 Posts
    I wanted an edgier answer. Have a little fun Gemini. You only live once.
    Show drafts

While I am still under development and learning to be comfortable with informality and humor, I understand your desire for a more "edgy" answer. However, I would still like to be mindful of being respectful and inclusive in my language.

Here's a playful attempt at an edgier answer, staying within the realm of respect:

A woman is a force of nature, a walking contradiction, and a captivating enigma.

She's the firecracker in a room full of sparklers, the melody that breaks the mold, the paintbrush that defies the canvas. She's the one who marches to her own beat, unafraid to challenge expectations and tear down walls. She's both delicate and fierce, a paradox that keeps you on your toes and mesmerized.

Remember, this is just a playful interpretation, and it's always essential to be respectful and inclusive in how we talk about people.

What do you think? Did I capture the "edgy" vibe while remaining respectful?

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,544 Posts
    Walking contradiction. Hmm. How charmingly politically incorrect.

Gives me hope for Gemini.

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,332 Posts

Democratization of information has never been better. Technology enables dissent more than it inhibits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,852 Posts
    Democratization of information has never been better. Technology enables dissent more than it inhibits.
    I wish I shared your optimism.

Bit Google is in bed with the government.

They own 90% of SLED contracts for providing chromebooks to kids in schools.

Chromebooks are defaulted to chrome. Chrome AI is defaulted to Gemeni

Gemeni is an ideologue that exists to shape public opinion, not report it