Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The War on Police Continues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Because there isn't a war on police.

There is a stigma against police because of unwarranted deaths in police custody the last few years yes.

There are no captains and leaders calling for people to shoot police. These are random radical people going out and attacking.

BlackLivesMatter isn't telling people to shoot police.

Once people start seeing accountability they'll trust the system more. Such as the firefighter in Savannah a year ago that was waiving a gun at a black couple at Applebee's and showed his badge and said see this, this gives me the right to kill you n---ers. No word from the DA, until the law firm representing the couple made a viral video about the story. That was exactly one year frmo the incident the DA was dragging their feet about this.
    http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/20...t-black-couple

The guy choked to death in New York... if you believe the police had no fault or screwed that up...
    There's a stigma on police based on anecdotal evidence like what you just cited. But the general statistics don't match up with the idea that there's this huge race problem in regards to policing when you consider the undeniable fact that blacks commit a significantly disproportionate amount of violent crime.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    There's a stigma on police based on anecdotal evidence ... when you consider the undeniable fact that blacks commit a significantly disproportionate amount of violent crime.
    Why and why ?
    Last edited by 57Brave; 12-14-2016 at 08:37 AM.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    general statistics don't match up with the idea that there's this huge race problem in regards to policing when you consider the undeniable fact that blacks commit a significantly disproportionate amount of violent crime.
    12% of the USA population
    37% of the Prison population

those numbers just don't add up and weird if you dig deeper. i mean, are you just saying black people are just more violent in their core or do you think there are other things at play and maybe, just maybe there is a problem with regards to policing and race?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,918 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post

those numbers just don't add up and weird if you dig deeper. i mean, are you just saying black people are just more violent in their core or do you think there are other things at play and maybe, just maybe there is a problem with regards to policing and race?
    I wouldn't say at their core blacks are more violent but all the stats can't be discounted by just possible racisim. That's just a real lazy way to identify the issues and unfortunately it has given a cop out for a lot of people to give up.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post

You're comparing the wrong numbers. The comparison should be what percentage of crime is committed by blacks compared to prison population of blacks, not just general population. Blacks commit 40-50% of violent crime in this country. I guess that's considered a hate fact, but it's one that can't be ignored. I don't really see how police are forcing blacks to kill each other.
    thank you weso1!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (12-14-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Why and why ?
    Because the liberal media pushes every race story they can find and in poor black neighborhoods blacks are brain washed into believing that cops have it in for them. I also think social media has really been pushing this narrative the past few years. Also, black men interact with police more on the whole, because a disproportionate number of black people live in high violent crime areas, where police presence is heavy. I will say that I do think profiling exists, but I also think its defensible given the highly disproportionate crime rates.

Many factors play a role in why they commit more crime. While it's true that generally speaking black people have higher testosterone levels and lower IQ's, I don't think this makes a significant difference in regards to crime rates. I think the best correlations are not having two loving parents, income level, a disciplined education, welfare, etc. I don't think racism plays a significant role. Black crime rates were much lower many years ago, back when racism was much more widespread and significant.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    I've lived in ghettos and trailer parks. The trailer parks weren't much less violent than the ghettos. That has always made me feel like violent crime is driven by poverty instead of race.

I think two things combine to form a lot of the prison - race gap. Blacks, unfortunately, are still more likely to be in poverty, and impoverished blacks are more likely to live in densely populated (hence, more heavily policed) areas.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

57Brave (12-14-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I've lived in ghettos and trailer parks. The trailer parks weren't much less violent than the ghettos. That has always made me feel like violent crime is driven by poverty instead of race.

I think two things combine to form a lot of the prison - race gap. Blacks, unfortunately, are still more likely to be in poverty, and impoverished blacks are more likely to live in densely populated (hence, more heavily policed) areas.
    The correlation between race and violent crime is nearly double that of income and violent crime. And these correlations parallel with general crime. Poverty certainly plays a role in crime rates, but it's only a piece of the puzzle. Population density has nothing to do with violent crime arrests. There's no significant difference between races when it comes to police reports and subsequent convictions of violent offenders.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    While it's true that generally speaking black people have higher testosterone levels and lower IQ's, I don't think this makes a significant difference in regards to crime rates. .
    Really - how about swimming ---- can they swim yet ?

I can't believe in 2016 someone would write such a thing and try to pass it off as thoughtful discourse
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Really - how about swimming ---- can they swim yet ?

I can't believe in 2016 someone would write such a thing and try to pass it off as thoughtful discourse
    Ah... you need a safe space?
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,918 Posts
    Are there actual studies that have proved that statement Weso?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Are there actual studies that have proved that statement Weso?
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3455741

http://www.news-medical.net/news/200...y-genetic.aspx
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    would that explain why the black has more rhythm than whites, higher testosterone levels ?

and better at field work ?

but I still don't understand that swimming thing

Should we worry about their testosterone levels when the black sides with Omar in the war over Sharia Law ?

As far as intelligence, the same article you posted shows an argument that chimpanzee's in some cases test higher than humans.
    Both European and sub Saharan
    Last edited by 57Brave; 12-14-2016 at 11:41 AM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    The correlation between race and violent crime is nearly double that of income and violent crime. And these correlations parallel with general crime. Poverty certainly plays a role in crime rates, but it's only a piece of the puzzle. Population density has nothing to do with violent crime arrests. There's no significant difference between races when it comes to police reports and subsequent convictions of violent offenders.
    The police being 3 minutes away or 20 minutes away absolutely has a bearing on the number of violent crime arrests. Not on the number of crimes committed, but absolutely on the number of arrests made.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    Blacks commit 40-50% of violent crime in this country. I guess that's considered a hate fact, but it's one that can't be ignored.
    i've never heard the term hate fact

facts are facts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    The police being 3 minutes away or 20 minutes away absolutely has a bearing on the number of violent crime arrests. Not on the number of crimes committed, but absolutely on the number of arrests made.
    What's your evidence? When comparing actual convictions with the National Crime Victimization Survey, there's no significant discrepancy. I would actually think it would be easier to find a violent criminal suspect in a less dense population.

It should be pointed out that any of the crime stats I mention aren't based on arrest records, but are based on the victimization reports. So, any arrest biases are irrelevant.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Only anecdotal evidence. I've seen several offenses where the police weren't called because the issue would be over before the police arrived. In a heavily patrolled area, those crimes may have been reported, or a patrolling officer may have seen it themselves.

For the record, I am generally in strong support of the police. I just don't like that this thread was starting to make it sound like black people are bad, or more likely to be bad. I have had way too much experience that is counter to that. Poor people are more likely to bad things. Desperate people are more likely to bad things. Drug addicts are more likely to do bad things. Kids from broken homes are more likely to be bad.

I would much rather the conversation be framed in those terms than by casting the actions of some on an entire skin color.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

goldfly (12-14-2016), The Chosen One (12-14-2016)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    For the record, I am generally in strong support of the police. I just don't like that this thread was starting to make it sound like black people are bad, or more likely to be bad. I have had way too much experience that is counter to that. Poor people are more likely to bad things. Desperate people are more likely to bad things. Drug addicts are more likely to do bad things. Kids from broken homes are more likely to be bad.
    OK, I'm gonna have to throw a flag on this one. 15 yards for unnecessary and excessive truth/facts in one post. Try not to let this happen again!!

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,777 Posts
    For the record, I am generally in strong support of the police. I just don't like that this thread was starting to make it sound like black people are bad, or more likely to be bad.

I would much rather the conversation be framed in those terms than by casting the actions of some on an entire skin color.
    Coincidentally this was partly why I banned Toma for a month. He was making threads with the sole intention to troll and provoke incindiary comments on issues like this.

The second I saw this thread title I knew this was going to go downhill fast.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawking4life View Post
    Anti Cop is one thing.

Openly hoping they get killed is pathetic and disgusting.

These same officers would high 5 each other and go home thinking they did a great job if they through a flashbang through my window in the middle of the night and threatened to kill me so they can throw me in a cage because I smoke pot. They would consider my pain and misery from being arrested by them as a good thing. You can think in crazy but to me it's crazy to support the well being of those who seek to deny my freedom. These people want to make a slave out of me and I am supposed to root for them? **** that.

Law enforcement is only as noble as the laws they enforce. If a gay guy in Russia kills 2 cops trying to arrest him for being gay who is the bad guy? How about a cop who arrests a woman for driving in Saudia Arabia? Is it noble to enforce a law because a Senator gets big campaign donations from a private prison? Quite frankly I think this war on drugs is the Holocaust in slow motion and I refuse to mourn for the soldiers enforcing immoral laws. They aren't here to serve and protect me, they are here to arrest, fine, and incarcerate me.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.