Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paris Attacks

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,993 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    If you want peace prepare for war. I know the UN counties can't just sit and wait for things to happen. They need to be proactive and not reactive.
    We spend more on defense than just about the rest of the world combined. This "we're not prepared for war" line is a bunch of hooey. I suppose we could aggressively re-imperialize the area, but as long as people can walk into the Middle Eastern equivalent of Home Depot and get the things they need to build an IED or arm a car for a suicide attack, I don't know how asymmetrical warfare is going to make any difference.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Glad your daughter is OK man!!! I guess this answers the age old question, "What does it take to finally piss off the French"?

Oh, what I am reading from my German friends who have a lot of French friends, yes they are really pissed, we are talking WWI and WWII pissed and Muslims will be targeted their and they are afraid.

What I think will happen is terrorist is going to show up on the police reports a lot more quicker than in the past when they remain silent. The silent Muslims who are good citizens now will have no problem ratting them out because they don't want any problems. This is a good thing and this is our problem now with Muslims not ratting out the bad Muslims. IN the USA they would rat them out quickly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,918 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I thought the answer after 9/11 was for Bush to talk openly and often about how this was not ALL Muslims, to try and cause a war within Islam itself. But of course they refused to even mention the religious side in public and that chance has passed.

The time has come to close all borders for all Muslims worldwide, to implement a policy of containment and force moderate Muslims choose sides.
    really needs to be change from the inside out. If something is to be truly changed the people themselves are the place to start
    Ivermectin Man

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Marine Le Pen anyone?

Warning graphic:

Spoiler: 

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    441 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Marine Le Pen anyone?

Warning graphic:

Spoiler: 

She's the one who'll benefit the most from this terrorism act.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,993 Posts
    The nationalist right will rise throughout Europe. Things have been moving that way for the past decade and this will hasten that process. I think this will kill the EU as a political unit. There may still be a lot of formal economic cooperation across borders, but I think everyone will head to their own corners. Again, I think the EU has been coming apart for awhile across a broad range of issues and the Paris attacks will move the disintegration along.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

chop2chip (11-16-2015), Hawk (11-16-2015)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,480 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    The nationalist right will rise throughout Europe. Things have been moving that way for the past decade and this will hasten that process. I think this will kill the EU as a political unit. There may still be a lot of formal economic cooperation across borders, but I think everyone will head to their own corners. Again, I think the EU has been coming apart for awhile across a broad range of issues and the Paris attacks will move the disintegration along.
    Can't see it happening, the countries in desperate need of aid will fight it as will the Germans.

That being said, going on to perpetual war.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    It may not totally but it will not remain the same. No way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,747 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    They are already across the border having been born (or at least raised) in many countries outside the Middle East.

I frankly don't know what to do. Put chips in every refugee's head and track their every move? Not serious with that one, but I am really stumped.

I read an interesting article from an older issue of The American Interest the other day that was very critical of the "military only" strategy against ISIL that only seems to grow more terrorists (and wannabes) in the Middle East and elsewhere. There has to be a "hearts and minds" campaign at the tribal level to turn this around in the long term. I realize some of that is going on and it will take time t work, but we need to be patient and on our guard in the meantime.
    I think a big part of the problem is that we are not fighting this like a real war. Did we care how many civilians were in Berlin when we bombed the **** out of it? Did we care how many civilians were in Japan when we nuked them... twice. We are fighting a PC war and thats like playing prevent defense in the NFL. Personally I would withdraw out troops from the middle east countries, dont allow any immigrants from those countries, and use the military to secure the borders. Maybe even put a few in schools. Then I would just bomb the **** out of them whenever we know where they are. If they actually do manage to get us then step up the bombings 100x. If we can identify the attackers, find their family, bomb them, bomb their hometown, bomb any mosque they have been to in the last 10 years.

Seriously though, this is a religious war. Christians vs Muslims. Cant really be fixed with war without causing world war 3. What we really need is to stamp out religion for good. I dont know of any atheist terror attacks.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    441 Posts
    I don't think it's a religious war at all. More of a gang type war. Isis kills any and every Muslim that doesn't agree with them. The Sunni vs ****e violence goes way back.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krgrecw For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (11-16-2015), AerchAngel (11-16-2015), Runnin (11-16-2015)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,993 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    I don't think it's a religious war at all. More of a gang type war. Isis kills any and every Muslim that doesn't agree with them. The Sunni vs ****e violence goes way back.
    I think religion both inside and outside Islam plays a significant role, but it's much wider than that and has roots across a broad range of issues, mindsets, and behaviors.

cajun, I don't think there's any such thing as a PC war. We've hit civilians and they've hit civilians. As I said in an earlier post, we can bomb them back to the Stone Age, but that only creates multiple generations of martyrs willing to attack the West any way and at any time and reinforces the image in the Middle Eastern narrative that we're simply imperialists bent on raping and pillaging the region. I don't think that's a winning strategy for the long term. In the short term, I think we are going to see a bigger discussion on intelligence programs and their effect on civil liberties and a screeching halt to the accepting of refugees.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    A friend of my wrote the following yesterday and though I may not be on the same page as he on all, I think he gets a critical point in all this:

"Migration (Hijrah)-we see new calls for America (like France) to increase its intake of Muslims dramatically such as immigration from Syria. For Muslims, immigration is seen as incredibly strategic. As well it should be. The Quran says: “I charge you with five of what Allah has charged me with: to assemble, to listen, to obey, to immigrate and to wage Jihad for the sake of Allah.”

The target according to the Quran? The West--the U.S--esp. Christians and Jews (what the Quran refers to as "people of the book").
    Muhammad said this: “Migration will continue until the sun rises from the West. Hijrah would not be stopped until repentance is cut off, and repentance will not be cut off until the sun rises from the West”

As one author noted "Muslim immigration is a transitional period of preparation for transforming the host society from an open society into an Islamic society of the “slaves of Allah” and of establishing a political system, a State, based on Islamic principles."

According to U.S. Census Data, the United States admits roughly 100,000 Muslim immigrants legally each year, representing the fastest growing block of immigration into the United States. Tennessee (Nashville), in fact, is home to one of the fastest growing immigrant populations in the country....our President (the one who said hours before the French slaughter, that ISIL is contained) promote(s) an expansive immigration policy, esp from Syria. The Mayor in that city has launched a New Advisory Council to help facilitate the legally-sanctioned transition from the previous inhabitants of Nashville to the new ones (Islamic).

I recognized that any group comprised of millions can not hold every aspect of what it means to live out the Quran in this life in perfect harmony. My comments are more directed at what I believe to be a growing and highly coordinated effort to usher in what the Quran calls the apocalypse such that the numbers and strategic initiatives are increasingly nearer a tipping point. I can't help but think that newer or more nominal Muslims are truly not aware of the implications of a theology that, by design, makes Christianity (at least one of) it's primary enemies. The danger is that only a few have to shift toward a more serious form of Islamic discipleship in order to radically change the equation. It is what I would call the power of the minority. Once engaged, that fringe group engenders the support of a global network, supported by activism and wealth. That in turn, catalyzes those now considered fringe to a more central and core ideology. I am not aware of any place in the Islamic world (much unlike the Christian world) whose trajectory is toward nominalism."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Moore is on point:

Link

It's not an either/or; it's a both/and.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,345 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Seriously though, this is a religious war. Christians vs Muslims. Cant really be fixed with war without causing world war 3. What we really need is to stamp out religion for good. I dont know of any atheist terror attacks.
    I guess you missed all the graves caused by atheist leaders in the 20th century. Get off of your moral high horse. Atheists aren't better than any other group.
    Last edited by Garmel; 11-16-2015 at 01:29 PM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garmel For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (11-16-2015), chop2chip (11-16-2015)

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    I guess you missed all the graves caused by atheist leaders in the 20th century. Get off of your moral high horse. Atheists aren't better than any other group.
    Stalin, probably the most of evil person that walked on this Earth killed 20 mil Christians by himself and they said he was a hardcore atheist.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to AerchAngel For This Useful Post:

Garmel (11-16-2015)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,345 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Stalin, probably the most of evil person that walked on this Earth killed 20 mil Christians by himself and they said he was a hardcore atheist.
    Yep. Militant behavior can be found in any group.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,480 Posts
    I think you're confusing atheism with communism. If you look at Stalin, many of his stylistic outlooks come from his religious upbringings. But in reality the issues he had was the oversimplification that brand of communism brought with it. Them being atheist had little to do with it and it had to do with them being paranoid and bad leaders.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,345 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I think you're confusing atheism with communism.
    No, I'm not. However, you're welcome to believe what you want to.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Garmel For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (11-16-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,480 Posts
    No, I'm not. However, you're welcome to believe what you want to.
    Well I will, because when you look at how communism was ran, it was ran as a state religion. Look at North Korea. It's essentially believed that their leaders are gods. Similar cult of personality god complexes were what allowed people like Stalin to do what they did.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,345 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Well I will, because when you look at how communism was ran, it was ran as a state religion. Look at North Korea. It's essentially believed that their leaders are gods. Similar cult of personality god complexes were what allowed people like Stalin to do what they did.
    Dawkins tries this same spin. I guess you got the idea from him. However, all of the major massacres of the 20th century(except Hitler) were done by atheists and not by religious people. Millions dead with some estimates up to 250 million. That's a a fact. Hiding behind communism as you are trying to do doesn't change that fact.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Garmel For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (11-16-2015)