Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Remember Obama Girl?

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithLockhart View Post
    You and I both know if he attacked the NAACP, the conservatives and right would jump ALL over him. Hard to say the President doesn't care about blacks, considering every Republican Governor has successfully blocked medicaid expansion in those states where poor blacks would benefit the most from it.

Ben Carson is a tool. He's milking his 15 minutes of fame. He realized, just like Allen West, all you have to do is be a black guy and call Obama an idiot and there will be plenty of worshippers.

If Obama showed legislative preferential treatment to blacks he'd get crucified... I mean just look at his comments about Trayvon and if he had a son. What he said was true, and yet the right JUMPED ALL OVER HIM for playing the "race card".

Reality is, Obama has done more for blacks than any President ever has. You won't feel the long term effects of how much of an influence he was until later on. He's set the groundwork for blacks to at least aspire or look forward to moving up in society.

The ones that say "Obama aint' done **** (for me)" are the ones hurting him the most. Generallly the ones that don't pay attention.
    yes, he was elected, that is the only thing.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,767 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    yes, he was elected, that is the only thing.
    It's still more than what any other President did for blacks. Clinton can get away with helping blacks legislatively because it shows compassion. If BO did the same thing, we all know who's going to play the race card.

So my question from my post, what would you suggest he do to help the black community? He did a fantastic speech on race in 2008 during the primary season. He's done some initiatives for young minorities. What more could he do?
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,038 Posts
    The fact that a black man made it to the highest office in this country is a remarkable accomplishment that all young black males should be proud of and aspire to achieve. Maybe not president, but to have a significant positive impact on society.

The "Obama hasn't done **** for me" crowd is the problem. People expecting all of their problems to be solved by someone else. Note: This is not a defense of the corporate elite who could give two ****s less about any poor person.

EDIT: I would extend this past just Obama. The people that always expect to be helped out because it's an inherent right.
    Last edited by bravesnumberone; 04-12-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    if you can provide more info in what more he done for us, I would gladly let my family know. My family is huge 1000+ and they all have an issue with him (my mouth and presenting facts do make them listen)

AS for Ben Carson, what have you heard that he is just a token?

You need to bring legitimate beef or I will ignore it as Liberal bias because he is not a Democrat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    It's still more than what any other President did for blacks. Clinton can get away with helping blacks legislatively because it shows compassion. If BO did the same thing, we all know who's going to play the race card.

So my question from my post, what would you suggest he do to help the black community? He did a fantastic speech on race in 2008 during the primary season. He's done some initiatives for young minorities. What more could he do?
    you get it.

Clinton has done more for blacks than any other.

AT LEAST he tries to do something.

Obama is the president in the second term, he can do whatever he want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Please, his speech? IN 2008? Its 2014, nothing has changed but got worse.

When I ask educated blacks on what Obama has done to enhance their lives, I got nothing.

We still committing more crime than ever, still making babies and not claiming them, still jobless.

A speech in 2008, six years ago. All he cares about is his abomination care and golf trips and vacations.....errr jet setting.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,767 Posts
    you get it.

"Whatever he wants".

You forget election cycles start early now because of the internet. Mid-terms this year, absolutely no way GOP will compromise on anything since they want to win the Senate. With a non-incumbent election two years from now, there's absolutely no way the GOP will help compromise with him, since a successful outgoing Obama Presidency spells an automatic win for Hillary.

All the GOP have done and have to do for the next two years, is sit back do NOTHING, pass their bills in the house for symbolism, and while they sit back and do nothing... just say Obama hasn't done anything. Win Win.

GOP worked with Clinton because they figured Lewinsky scandal would hurt the D brand. No way a liberal would be elected after that long and drawn out scandal process.
    Forever Fredi

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Clearly neither Okie or Yeezus live in the South. I think you both would have a greater understanding of the negative feelings toward entitlement programs if you actually saw them in full bloom.
    I guess my time in Montana has jaded my thinking, LOL. There's a reason why I'm OKLAHOMA Hawk, I live in far SE Oklahoma and work in SW Arkansas. I Know it isn't Mobile but it ain't exactly Boston or San Francisco either. Oh and the comment about the negative feelings towards entitlements actually prove MY point. People down here are more brainwashed than the Germans people were when Goebbels told them what to think. Of course they're told how bad welfare, etc., are but think about who's telling them that, the people who are on the payroll of those receiving 8 and 9 figures of corporate welfare every year in addition to record profits, of course they want you looking at what's going on with their left hands, that way you don't see them picking your pocket with their right hand.

I'll tell you what, you start punishing those greedy bastards who making billions every year but who are sending American jobs overseas so that they can squeeze out a few more millions to a point where they start employing Americans, paying them a living wage (no not A-Rod money, just a real living wage) and I'll be 100% in favor of cutting the welfare rolls of all but the most extreme, very legitimate cases.

Deal???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    "Whatever he wants".

You forget election cycles start early now because of the internet. Mid-terms this year, absolutely no way GOP will compromise on anything since they want to win the Senate. With a non-incumbent election two years from now, there's absolutely no way the GOP will help compromise with him, since a successful outgoing Obama Presidency spells an automatic win for Hillary.

All the GOP have done and have to do for the next two years, is sit back do NOTHING, pass their bills in the house for symbolism, and while they sit back and do nothing... just say Obama hasn't done anything. Win Win.

GOP worked with Clinton because they figured Lewinsky scandal would hurt the D brand. No way a liberal would be elected after that long and drawn out scandal process.

IT DOESN'T MATTER

If he tried something to help us, anything, it goes way beyond getting elected. It will help the next black candidate, be it Carson or a Democrat. He opens the door. Carson would have a better chance in finishing something he started.

Yea, he is a Republican. you have a problem with that?

I don't care about parties, apparently you and a lot others do and this is why I have an issue with all of you, you take sides no matter what. THAT is the most illogical thing I can think of as a human being.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    HALLELUJAH!!!!!
    I agree and while there are some deadbeat parents who love the street cred they get from having illegitimate kids all over the place I think most single parent families were torn apart by the same thing that has been proven by study after study to be the #1 thing by far that most married couples fight about, money. When the husband, wife, or both can't get a job because some lowlife needledick like that Kevin O'whatever piece of filth has outsourced, while actually telling people he LIKES the horrible unequal distribution of wealth in this country because that gives the poor and destitute someone to look up to as a role model, HIM... Imagine if some Dem had said something like that, Fox and talk radio wouldn't have covered anything else since then. He's one of their freakin' heroes. Well he sure as hell ain't one of mine.

And yes just in case I didn't make myself clear, YES I AM saying that the wealthy whose greed was so extreme that they took jobs from Americans and sent them overseas (even while they were making a king's ransom while crying poverty at every breath) ARE even more responsible for single parent households and kids growing up with one parent than the parents themselves. Those parents WILL answer to God someday for letting their kids down so terribly but so will those greedy bastards who started the avalanche of poverty in the first place. I can just imagine their faces too when God reads them the riot act, they'll be shocked beyond imagination, I mean after all, just about every supposed spokesman and spokeswoman who claimed to represent God told them what they were doing was perfectly fine. Want to guess who's going to get the hottest section of hell on that day?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (04-12-2014)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,996 Posts
    I've read a bit about Carson, but what's he going to do? Give the same speech about young Black men taking more personal responsibility and then roll up all the social programs that are supposedly letting them escape personal responsibility and not say crap about the institutional racism (and classism and sexism) that afflicts this country. Everything I've heard from Carson is "it's all up to you." Yeah, that's true (Mondo sarcasm emoticon).

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    you get it.

I have to agree with AA on this, while all the benefits of the great economy during Clinton's 8 years were certainly not only because of him, at least he didn't eff it up by deciding the poor top 1% needed just a little bit more and create one hell of a deficit to support W's base, and I"m repeating his words, not anybody elses' (the haves and the have mores).

Obama IMO has given the African American community proof that a black man can rise to the top of the political ladder in this country. That should encourage everyone in that community to strive harder now, knowing they can achieve? Examples like Bill Cosby should cause everyone in that community to strive harder and own their own success or admit their own failures. Has it???

This country has a LOT of problems and neither political party in this country is worth the gunpowder it would take to blow them all to hell, but yet you see people in here every day taking up for this party OR that party and blaming the other party for being the cause of all our problems. I really liked Michael Jackson's early music, hated most of the later stuff, but he did hit the nail right on the head when he pointed out where the root of all our problems can easily be found. Anyone remember???

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I've read a bit about Carson, but what's he going to do? Give the same speech about young Black men taking more personal responsibility and then roll up all the social programs that are supposedly letting them escape personal responsibility and not say crap about the institutional racism (and classism and sexism) that afflicts this country. Everything I've heard from Carson is "it's all up to you." Yeah, that's true (Mondo sarcasm emoticon).

I think this is a really good example of what I just said up above. There absolutely IS institutional racism still at work in this country, being in education I've seen it over the years, but I've also seen it used time after time as an excuse not to give one's best effort, not as a challenge and a motivating factor to "show those bastards once and for all". So which side is guilty? BOTH!!! Everyone should own their own success or failure, but young children are being told that since they absolutely have been the victims of institutional racism in the past, that we just keep on now with the status quo until the next ice age sets in. Which side needs to get their heads out into the fresh air for a change? BOTH!!!!!!!!!

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    How has corporate welfare stopped under Obama?
    Dude, do you ever read my rants?? Remember from a week or so ago? The Repubs are the ones stomping on your fingers trying to get you to fall into poverty and despair (the active villains) the Dems are the ones sitting on their arses pointing out how evil it is for them to be stomping on your fingers and how somebody needs to do something about that situation, but then they don't do anything, they just sit there and watch the stomping and bitch about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    And you have a problem with that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Dude, do you ever read my rants?? Remember from a week or so ago? The Repubs are the ones stomping on your fingers trying to get you to fall into poverty and despair (the active villains) the Dems are the ones sitting on their arses pointing out how evil it is for them to be stomping on your fingers and how somebody needs to do something about that situation, but then they don't do anything, they just sit there and watch the stomping and bitch about it.
    You are my white twin.

We hate both parties, that is true.

Neither side has common sense.

And that is true.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,996 Posts
    And you have a problem with that?
    I have a problem with it because it's a lie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I have a problem with it because it's a lie.
    It is up to each individual. To make it you have to work for it, my kind want to do it the lazy way. Sling some weed or worse, hold up a store, pimping ho's. When will it stop and do some honest work.

My cousin who was a great worker got greedy. He had a nice job took care of his family just because he wants some bling and street cred he sold drugs. The judge was nice the first time and let him off on probation. The dumbschit did it two weeks later, embarrassing the judge in the process, five years in prison. He did three, lost the great job, his family, all for some street cred and bling.

That is the stuff Dr. Carson wants to end. Obama is sure in hell ain't or EVEN TRIED doing it.

So do not come in here telling me I know what is going on. I all I have to do is make a call to my mom, my cousin or my sister, they will tell me what is going on.

I dislike partisan people and this board if full of them on both sides. Wake up and use your common sense, liberal and conservative only to gripe for your stupid parties.

You need to listen to Okie much more, like me, you only want to see one side of the aisle and that's it.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    You need to listen to Okie much more, like me, you only want to see one side of the aisle and that's it.
    Yeah, thanks man, but let's not get me on any more poopie lists around here than I"m already on. LOL

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,996 Posts
    It is up to each individual. To make it you have to work for it, my kind want to do it the lazy way. Sling some weed or worse, hold up a store, pimping ho's. When will it stop and do some honest work.

My cousin who was a great worker got greedy. He had a nice job took care of his family just because he wants some bling and street cred he sold drugs. The judge was nice the first time and let him off on probation. The dumbschit did it two weeks later, embarrassing the judge in the process, five years in prison. He did three, lost the great job, his family, all for some street cred and bling.

That is the stuff Dr. Carson wants to end. Obama is sure in hell ain't or EVEN TRIED doing it.

So do not come in here telling me I know what is going on. I all I have to do is make a call to my mom, my cousin or my sister, they will tell me what is going on.

I dislike partisan people and this board if full of them on both sides. Wake up and use your common sense, liberal and conservative only to gripe for your stupid parties.

Are you trying to tell me that everyone who works hard and keeps their nose clean makes it in life or that what your cousin did is what every African-American does or that white kids doing the same thing would experience the same result?

Obama gave the same speech a few months back that if you take care of business everything is going to work out right. I'm not black, but I grew up about a tick and a half north of white trash and the only thing that separated me from a lot of the other folks I went to high school with was maybe a little smarter and a whole helluva lot luckier.

And don't throw the partisan junk at me. There are a hundred ways to skin a cat, but the banalities that come from the Carsons and Obamas of the world about "if you work hard" everything is going to be just ducky are simply that: banalities.