Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is AJ Peirzynski a bad person?

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    876 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    What, it doesn't count? You asked if CJ had any testimonials from teammates. Giles found one. It doesn't make the grade . . . why, precisely? Because Jordan smokes weed? Because he used HGH? DUDE, THAT'S JUST AN EXPRESSION OF HOW MUCH HE WANTS TO WIN!

[has cinder block smashed on chest]
    Yeah, I was going to say that, but figured that they could figure this out themselves. "NOW FIND A TEAMMATE THAT WE LIKE!"
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    What, it doesn't count? You asked if CJ had any testimonials from teammates. Giles found one. It doesn't make the grade . . . why, precisely? Because Jordan smokes weed? Because he used HGH? DUDE, THAT'S JUST AN EXPRESSION OF HOW MUCH HE WANTS TO WIN!

[has cinder block smashed on chest]
    "In that quote you'll notice I said I don't hate CJ either. I think every team needs players with some fire and edge. From what I've observed on the field, CJ's incidents seem to be more about his struggles at times, but there's nothing wrong with that when it doesn't cause problems. He was called out and benched for one of them last season and no one came running out to defend him, which led me (and quite a few others around here) to feel that he had crossed the line somewhat."

Not sure how to state it any simpler than that, sorry. The rest of that statement simply states what happened last year.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...lem-for-braves

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10...d-game-tantrum
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Playing the Waiting Game
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Well, why is anyone a bad person? Is it nature or nurture? Does God create "bad" people? Who are we to judge the morality of another? What is good without bad, anyway?

I haven't read the thread, but I'm sure all these questions have been solved therein.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to holden For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-10-2015), yeezus (04-10-2015)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    "In that quote you'll notice I said I don't hate CJ either. I think every team needs players with some fire and edge. From what I've observed on the field, CJ's incidents seem to be more about his struggles at times, but there's nothing wrong with that when it doesn't cause problems. He was called out and benched for one of them last season and no one came running out to defend him, which led me (and quite a few others around here) to feel that he had crossed the line somewhat."

Not sure how to state it any simpler than that, sorry. The rest of that statement simply states what happened last year. ...]
    I'm not really sure what we're discussing. I'm responding to the part of your post directly below the part that you've quoted. The part where you say:

As for Schafer as your character witness? Well...
    Which came some time after:

BTW, when have you ever heard anyone say anything about Chris Johnson like Danks said about A. J. (or Peavy said about Gomes)?

I'd prefer to rely on them since they know them personally and have played with them.
    Which was answered, in rather definitive and convincing fashion, by Giles posting EXACTLY THAT KIND OF QUOTE.

Which was answered by your deciding that Jordan Schafer didn't count, and moving on. I don't think there's any more to be said about Chris Johnson. It's "fire" and "intensity" when he's good and it's distracting, polarizing, and unprofessional when he's not. I just thought that exchange of posts was kinda humorous.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (04-09-2015), Carp (04-10-2015), jpx7 (04-10-2015)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,857 Posts
    Julio owning this thread

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (04-09-2015), Hawk (04-09-2015)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Its also humorous how because they are Braves, they are good guys. That is unless they really stink up the joint, then they are scumbags.
    What about this surprises you?

I reserve the right, as a fan, to be a hypocrite and like the same things about my team that I hate about others. It's part of being a fan.

Kind of similar to the way you defend the Nats at all costs while trashing the Braves for everything.

Arizona Fall Leaguer Anthony J. Pierzynski's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Greetings, Chop Country brothers and sisters. It's a truly an honor and a pleasure to be a part of the Atlanta Braves organization and to interact with you, the greatest fans in professional sports. Just as I hope to become a small part of a playoff club in Atlanta, I hope to make some modest but worthwhile contribution to this wonderful community.

I chose this thread as a good place to embark on my maiden voyage into the world of online Braves fandom, and I humbly pray for favorable winds and a steady hand on the tiller. Some hurtful things have been said in this thread, and in others, and I hope to convince you all to accept me as a compatriot, a fellow human being, and perhaps even a friend. I know that humor is often the lingua franca in these parts, and I recognize that, in the words of my favorite philosopher and theologian, St. Thomas Aquinas,

It is requisite for the relaxation of the mind that we make use, from time to time, of playful deeds and jokes.
    I know that many of the sharp words exchanged in this thread were said in jest, and I hope that you good people realize that I am also sometimes given to playful words and deeds, like calling Joe West a fat piece of ****, or asking Freddie Freeman if he is some kind of homo. Still, I understand that I have acquired a certain reputation during my playing career. It's painful to confront the fact, but it can't be denied. A simple Google search will find my name juxtaposed with such epithets as "hated," "prick," "giant douche," and "gaping asshole." These are the facts.

However, I beg for your forbearance. While I have from time to time run afoul of my worthy opponents, and of my good brethren behind the plate like the aforementioned Joe West, I must plead that any actions I undertook were in the protection of my teammates, whom I esteem as brothers-in-arms. It is my duty to protect them and to right wrongs committed against them. To quote Aquinas:

To bear with patience wrongs done to oneself is a mark of perfection, but to bear with patience wrongs done to someone else is a mark of imperfection and even of actual sin.
    I simply cannot bear those wrongs with patience, and if that makes me a "giant douche" or a "gaping asshole," then I suppose I must plead guilty. When Joe West squeezes my pitcher, and I am compelled to point out that he is an arrogant, visually impaired bag of human waste, I do so with love in my heart for him and for all mankind. Other men, great peacemakers and givers of laws like The Reverend Martin Luther King, and indeed his namesake, were also reviled and abused by many during their time on earth, and I hope that in time I may make a similar mark on this world, in promoting peace, rectitude, and understanding.

Thank you for your attention, Chop Country. I hope that you, like my new teammates, can embrace me as a brother and a friend. Just not, you know, literally embrace me, 'cause that **** is for ***gots. To paraphrase my second-favorite philosopher and theologian, you can put that on the board . . . YEEEEEEESS!

He gone,

Anthony J. Pierzynski

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthony J. Pierzynski For This Useful Post:

Carp (04-10-2015), jpx7 (04-10-2015), NinersSBChamps (04-10-2015), The Chosen One (04-10-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,578 Posts
    When I saw the screen name, I immediately thought SAV had changed his name again. But, looking at the diction of the post, I'm going to say either Julio or jpx7. Maybe a slight chance that it's me.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-10-2015), Julio3000 (04-10-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony J. Pierzynski View Post
    Greetings, Chop Country brothers and sisters. It's a truly an honor and a pleasure to be a part of the Atlanta Braves organization and to interact with you, the greatest fans in professional sports. Just as I hope to become a small part of a playoff club in Atlanta, I hope to make some modest but worthwhile contribution to this wonderful community.

I chose this thread as a good place to embark on my maiden voyage into the world of online Braves fandom, and I humbly pray for favorable winds and a steady hand on the tiller. Some hurtful things have been said in this thread, and in others, and I hope to convince you all to accept me as a compatriot, a fellow human being, and perhaps even a friend. I know that humor is often the lingua franca in these parts, and I recognize that, in the words of my favorite philosopher and theologian, St. Thomas Aquinas,

I know that many of the sharp words exchanged in this thread were said in jest, and I hope that you good people realize that I am also sometimes given to playful words and deeds, like calling Joe West a fat piece of ****, or asking Freddie Freeman if he is some kind of homo. Still, I understand that I have acquired a certain reputation during my playing career. It's painful to confront the fact, but it can't be denied. A simple Google search will find my name juxtaposed with such epithets as "hated," "prick," "giant douche," and "gaping asshole." These are the facts.

However, I beg for your forbearance. While I have from time to time run afoul of my worthy opponents, and of my good brethren behind the plate like the aforementioned Joe West, I must plead that any actions I undertook were in the protection of my teammates, whom I esteem as brothers-in-arms. It is my duty to protect them and to right wrongs committed against them. To quote Aquinas:

I simply cannot bear those wrongs with patience, and if that makes me a "giant douche" or a "gaping asshole," then I suppose I must plead guilty. When Joe West squeezes my pitcher, and I am compelled to point out that he is an arrogant, visually impaired bag of human waste, I do so with love in my heart for him and for all mankind. Other men, great peacemakers and givers of laws like The Reverend Martin Luther King, and indeed his namesake, were also reviled and abused by many during their time on earth, and I hope that in time I may make a similar mark on this world, in promoting peace, rectitude, and understanding.

Thank you for your attention, Chop Country. I hope that you, like my new teammates, can embrace me as a brother and a friend. Just not, you know, literally embrace me, 'cause that **** is for ***gots. To paraphrase my second-favorite philosopher and theologian, you can put that on the board . . . YEEEEEEESS!

He gone,

Anthony J. Pierzynski

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Hey guys! AJ here.

While I was whipping up some scratch pancakes for the fam today I learned a really cool trick. If you put the pancake batter in an empty squeezable condiment container, you can actually get it into the skillet without dribbling the stuff everywhere!

Just thought I'd share. I think I'll put it on Pinterest later. Oh, hey, I saw this:

Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    When I saw the screen name, I immediately thought SAV had changed his name again. But, looking at the diction of the post, I'm going to say either Julio or jpx7. Maybe a slight chance that it's me.
    Hey, guy! You're a moderator here so I sure don't want to get on your bad side, but based on your understandable suspicion, you seem like you may be an intense type. Being wound that tight can cause inflammation that takes years off your life. Do yourself a favor and take the time to smell those roses, my man! When I get too wound up or really down about something, I reflect on these words from Thomas Aquinas:

Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and two Mich Ultras.
    OK, my friends! We're going to beat the hell out of the Mets tonight. I'm not gonna be starting, but I'm gonna be right there with you, rooting for most of the guys.

He gone!

AJ
    Last edited by Anthony J. Pierzynski; 04-10-2015 at 09:38 AM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,150 Posts
    He hit a bomb to win a game for the Braves. He's A-OK in my book.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    OK, guys, please put me in your prayers. I think I've done enough to earn some more playing time. I'm going to bring it up to Fredi after the game tonight. Of course I will respect his decision, whatever it it, and continue to stay humble and control the things that are within my control.

I like Beth—notice how I call him by a girls' name? That's one of those little jokes that I'm always up to—although I don't understand half of what he says. He seems to hit it off with the Teheran kid, and I'm thinking that since they're both Mexican or Iranian or whatever, maybe Beth should catch Teheran and I should catch the other four guys.

I'm going to drop some memorabilia off at the Children's Hospital, then I'm on to the ballpark. Go Braves!

XOXO AJ

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthony J. Pierzynski For This Useful Post:

Carp (04-10-2015), Dalyn (04-10-2015), jpx7 (04-10-2015), NinersSBChamps (04-10-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    OK, guys, please put me in your prayers. I think I've done enough to earn some more playing time. I'm going to bring it up to Fredi after the game tonight. Of course I will respect his decision, whatever it it, and continue to stay humble and control the things that are within my control.

I like Beth—notice how I call him by a girls' name? That's one of those little jokes that I'm always up to—although I don't understand half of what he says. He seems to hit it off with the Teheran kid, and I'm thinking that since they're both Mexican or Iranian or whatever, maybe Beth should catch Teheran and I should catch the other four guys.

I'm going to drop some memorabilia off at the Children's Hospital, then I'm on to the ballpark. Go Braves!

XOXO AJ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    The skip is an awesome guy. I hope you guys appreciate what you have in him.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Thinking this could be Millwood1Hitter.

Nevertheless I love me AJ.

Xoxo you hunk!

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    The skip is an awesome guy. I hope you guys appreciate what you have in him.
    Dalyn is undoubtedly Fredi's biggest fan here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Dalyn is undoubtedly Fredi's biggest fan here.
    I'll see if I can get a signed ball for him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    I'll see if I can get a signed ball for him.
    Thanks. Make it the left one.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

Carp (04-10-2015), jpx7 (04-10-2015), Julio3000 (04-10-2015), NinersSBChamps (04-10-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    Thanks. Make it the left one.
    ^ - - - - ^
    Well done, sir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    He takes "piss and vinegar" very literally.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-10-2015)