Thanked in
    2,481 Posts
    This is essentially my opinion on the general tone of this thread

Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,756 Posts
    I dont have any sympathy for police officers anymore. To me they are a criminal organization at war with the american people. They might not all be doing the crimes themselves but turning a blind eye to what others are doing makes them accessories to the crime. The justice system is clear, they dont give a **** about holding police officers accountable. Police officers are supposed to protect and serve not shoot first and ask questions later. I am tired of being afraid of cops. They are like the school bully going around looking to steal peoples lunch money. Police officers are the real terrorists we should be fighting.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    No comment, I guess.
    Considering I think death is not an appropriate penalty for anyone, I would think my argument makes sense. If you disagree, then oh well. I'm not surprised.

Shoot em all!

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I've never made this a race issue. You are either a civilized person or not. The fact that this cop was black should shed the race question. This is not a black and white issue. This is a deadbeat issue.
    Zito is right, but like I said, if it were two white cops, Jackass and Dullton would be all over this. Just like Baltimore after they found out the black cops did it, nothing, zilch, zip. It has to be whites only before they say anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Considering I think death is not an appropriate penalty for anyone, I would think my argument makes sense. If you disagree, then oh well. I'm not surprised.

Shoot em all!

For a person who will gladly leave them on the street to starve to death by denying them welfare or when their money is cut off , do you want your tax paying money paid to keep people like this alive for life? You know each prisoner is costing us thousands and thousands, we are talking murderers not some pan handler or Madoff types. Which you do not agree that they should not be in jail, or check bouncers, or defrauders and other of the white collar type.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,918 Posts
    I have never once been afraid of a cop.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I dont have any sympathy for police officers anymore. To me they are a criminal organization at war with the american people. They might not all be doing the crimes themselves but turning a blind eye to what others are doing makes them accessories to the crime. The justice system is clear, they dont give a **** about holding police officers accountable. Police officers are supposed to protect and serve not shoot first and ask questions later. I am tired of being afraid of cops. They are like the school bully going around looking to steal peoples lunch money. Police officers are the real terrorists we should be fighting.

Is this your opinion or did you copy and paste from some retard tin foil website?

Which officers in particular were not held accountable?

Why the **** would you be afraid of cops, what have you done wrong?
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts

Shoot em all!

What argument? You've just posted YouTube videos in a sensationalist attempt to illustrate that police are out of control and said you don't believe in the death penalty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,756 Posts
    Do any of your neighbors smoke weed? Cops could misstakingly raid your house at 3 am and shoot you because you are startled.

It’s over."

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts

Shoot em all!

Was told several times to not move and put his hands up; yet still got out and reached in his seat for a knife....what exactly are you arguing here?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gilesfan For This Useful Post:

thethe (05-11-2015)

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Do any of your neighbors smoke weed? Cops could misstakingly raid your house at 3 am and shoot you because you are startled.
    I could also die in a plane crash tomorrow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,918 Posts
    Again, I have never once been afraid of a police officer in my life.

How often do you think something like that happens?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I am black as black as can be and I am not afraid of them. Heck, I go out of the way and get in a conversation with, wish them a good day and what not.

If I haven't done anything wrong and being in a 99% white area of the country, you would think they would mess with me. Yeah DWB happens, but not much if ever anymore. They know me, my car, family, where I work and I do not do drugs of any type and on a rare occasion I might have a beer but the bar is only 2 miles down the road and I only drink one.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,481 Posts
    I have. I had a cop flash his gun at me because he thought me and my friends were not being respectful because we were being assholes, but not breaking any laws. Someone who is willing to use their gun for intimidation probably wouldn't think twice about pulling the trigger on it.

I know plenty of cops who I like and trust and so on so forth. But there's a general rule. 10% of all employees will be saints, 10% will be devils and 80% will be opportunists. Basically meaning whatever cop you run into, odds are they're the product of their system and what their system allows. If it's basically teaching to presume all minorities as criminals then you're gonna value their lives differently.

I forget who it was who said it. I think it was jpx. But he brought up makign sure cops were involved in the community. Have them work the beat, volunteer, etc. When you have a cop culture who treats many civilians as criminals rather than humans who make mistakes at times, it leads to bad things.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Was told several times to not move and put his hands up; yet still got out and reached in his seat for a knife....what exactly are you arguing here?
    LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    What argument? You've just posted YouTube videos in a sensationalist attempt to illustrate that police are out of control and said you don't believe in the death penalty.
    My argument is that I think it's pathetic that cops kill citizens at the rate they are doing it. There is a larger issue at hand.

You're fine with it.

Let's move on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Is this your opinion or did you copy and paste from some retard tin foil website?

Which officers in particular were not held accountable?

Why the **** would you be afraid of cops, what have you done wrong?

Well we can start with the officer that choked Eric Garner to death. How many more do you need because the list is endless. The most egregious offense to me of any cop is lying so they can charge people with crimes/planting evidence. Thats on par with being a slave owner. Thats denying people their basic freedoms and rights, its worse than murder imo.

One reason I am afraid of cops is because I like to smoke weed. I do it in the safety of my own house and dont go anywhere with it other than driving it home. Its my basic god damned right to do whatever the hell I want with my body so long as I dont infringe on anyone elses rights. The chairman of the committee about weed int the 1930's testified that weed should be illegal because it makes white women have sex with black men. I have a right to my body just like any woman does regardless of any laws passed by Congress. That and I drive around for 8 hours a day for work, its hard to drive for that long of period of time through a major city without committing some kind of traffic violation in which a cop can steal my lunch money. I also refuse to pay any ticket because I fear that money will be used to buy tanks and SWAT teams to raid and kill innocent people. By innocent I mean people who have not committed a crime in which there is not a victim. No victim/attempted victim no crime.

It’s over."

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    My argument is that I think it's pathetic that cops kill citizens at the rate they are doing it. There is a larger issue at hand.

You're fine with it.

Let's move on
    1) That's not an argument, that's an assertion.

2) Yes, I'm fine with police protecting me and making my life safer. That's really the bottom line.

Do I think that indiscriminate police violence is trending upward? No.
    Do I think that people who don't understand government are trying to use these isolated incidents as fodder to promote an alternative that nobody actually wants? Yes.
    Do I think that we should continue doing whatever it takes to make sure that all LEOs are accountable for their actions? Yes.
    Do I think that we should excuse criminality, under any circumstance? No.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (05-11-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I have. I had a cop flash his gun at me because he thought me and my friends were not being respectful because we were being assholes, but not breaking any laws. Someone who is willing to use their gun for intimidation probably wouldn't think twice about pulling the trigger on it.

I know plenty of cops who I like and trust and so on so forth. But there's a general rule. 10% of all employees will be saints, 10% will be devils and 80% will be opportunists. Basically meaning whatever cop you run into, odds are they're the product of their system and what their system allows. If it's basically teaching to presume all minorities as criminals then you're gonna value their lives differently.

I forget who it was who said it. I think it was jpx. But he brought up makign sure cops were involved in the community. Have them work the beat, volunteer, etc. When you have a cop culture who treats many civilians as criminals rather than humans who make mistakes at times, it leads to bad things.
    The example of the cop pulling the gun, thats part of the **** of why I call them terrorists. I had a friend who had a cop pull a gun on him while arresting him for no reason. The only reason he was being arrested was because the bonds place ****ed up and called him to let him fix it. The cop mocked him the whole way to the police station and the detectives in his case literally told him they arrested him because they dont have enough evidence to convict him so they just wanted to **** with him as much as possible. If I didnt post his bail he would have sat in jail for 3 months for **** that didnt even make it past the grand jury.

I will agree about the 10% thing but the other 90% should be doing their job and helping to convict those 10%. If they arent willing to pursue the criminals in their own ranks then I cant really see them as someone who wants justice or to stop crime.

It’s over."

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Its my basic god damned right to do whatever the hell I want with my body so long as I dont infringe on anyone elses rights.
    That's not true.