Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Acuna to AAA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,911 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    Personally, I'm with you. But Braves' scouts see something to be THIS aggressive. Like, this has been insane.

I'll give it to the kid, he just doesn't struggle very much. AAA will be a legit test.
    It's not just braves scouts. Acuna could be the best prospect in baseball.
    Natural Immunity Croc

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    Personally, I'm with you. But Braves' scouts see something to be THIS aggressive. Like, this has been insane.

I'll give it to the kid, he just doesn't struggle very much. AAA will be a legit test.
    We are saying he's Bryce Harper with this promotion

He's going to be a free agent at 25. If we are we could ruin a big time guy. Could still be sss and Babip fueled. If right we can't afford him unless we buy him out early.

Who is his agent?

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugfan View Post
    Coppy needs to win soon. He knows they can't do it with scrubs like Markakis and Philips. You Would make those moves too if you were the Braves GM coming off 4 bad years in a row. This isn't Baseball Mogul
    Posts like this really have me grinding my teeth. Another person who rarely, if ever, attends games in person who somehow has the assumption that you can upgrade Markakis and Phillips with a snap of their fingers. Keep in mind, please Pugfan, that Phillips was acquired only after Sean Rodriguez was in the wreck and he is still leading the Braves in game-winning hits. One of the best moves by any team over the off-season, and the intention absolutely is to replace him next season.
    This four bad years in a row presumes this is a bad year? How often do you think teams can make a 20-game improvement?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rico43 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (07-13-2017), UNCBlue012 (07-13-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    I don't like it. Albies has years of MLB at bats at the same age. Acuna doesn't have a year of at bats.

If he plays next year he'd have less at bats than Swanson in milb
    Teams and their scouts do not measure the progress of international players and USA players the same way. The system allows the international guys to be more immersed in the game as opposed to American players who are required (a poor choice of words, agreed) to balance their academic education and, in many cases, other sports.
    At age 16, international players are, with few exceptions, more polished ballplayers than their America counterparts.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,153 Posts
    I will say by moving guys faster than they have to, the front office is creating momentum that might cause them to rush things. I don't see the need for moving Acuna so fast.

You should be looking at June 2018 at best in my view. It almost feels like there is a markakis deal coming.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Southcack77 For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (07-13-2017), DirkPiggler (07-13-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    I will say by moving guys faster than they have to, the front office is creating momentum that might cause them to rush things. I don't see the need for moving Acuna so fast.

You should be looking at June 2018 at best in my view. It almost feels like there is a markakis deal coming.
    I'd rather a kemp deal, but I'll take either

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,922 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Me too, but progress is progress.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Maybe we also need to factor what a gawdawful horsecrap team Mississippi is right now. They are 0-11 at home in second half of the season, among other abominations. Soroka starts there tonight; don't be shocked if he moves up as well.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yes, a kemp deal would be preferable, but hard to see that one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,544 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ24 View Post
    After all those trades and high draft picks, our best prospect turns out to be a guy Frank Wren signed.

Too funny.
    There are some interesting guys left over from the ancien regime: Acuna, Albies, Camargo, Sims. Honorable mention to Alex Wood.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,361 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    There are some interesting guys left over from the ancien regime: Acuna, Albies, Camargo, Sims. Honorable mention to Alex Wood.
    On the flip side, I think we got more potential in the 2017 draft than Wren got in all his drafts combined.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (07-13-2017)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by auyushu View Post
    Yeah, like we locked up Heyward, and Franceour, and Furcal. Just because we want to extend them doesn't mean they will, and it certainly doesn't mean they will give us a break on the deal.
    No, it absolutely doesn't. However, playing games with players' service-time clocks all but guarantees there's no chance they'll sign an extension. You folks act like none of these players take that personally, especially when everyone knows that they could help the big club more than the players on it currently.

What's so funny is that this continues to get talked about. Like it or not, agree with it or not, the Braves have said since the beginning of the rebuild that the players' ability will dictate when they're promoted and/or placed on the active roster - and nothing else would affect those decisions.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (07-13-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,911 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Thankfully our international department didn't leave like our domestic team.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Look, I don't want him in the bigs leagues that quick to start his clock, but he is killing AA. You don't want him bored. A player with this kind of talent needs pushed. I think he will level off a tad in AAA to adjust. We will probably see him late 2018. IF he doesn't slow down and kills AAA...you can't just keep him there to stagnate. Worst case if he won't sign an extension down the road?....someone will trade their farm+ for him.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to TheBravos For This Useful Post:

rico43 (07-13-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,544 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    On the flip side, I think we got more potential in the 2017 draft than Wren got in all his drafts combined.
    which drafts do you consider the Wren drafts
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    Look, I don't want him in the bigs leagues that quick to start his clock, but he is killing AA. You don't want him bored. A player with this kind of talent needs pushed. I think he will level off a tad in AAA to adjust. We will probably see him late 2018. IF he doesn't slow down and kills AAA...you can't just keep him there to stagnate. Worst case if he won't sign an extension down the road?....someone will trade their farm+ for him.
    The only way he's down until late 2018 is if he struggles big time. That's just not the way this front office has operated. I don't like it, but I would be surprised if he isn't in the opening day lineup next year with the way the front office is handling this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,748 Posts
    The parallels to Andruw continue. Andruw got called up to Atlanta after at hot start at AAA, I wonder if they would do the same with Acuna. 2018 is going to be a fun year with so many potential debuts of top prospects
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (07-13-2017)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Unless we trade someone...there is no spot for him and you can't bring him up to ride the bench.

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    The only way he's down until late 2018 is if he struggles big time. That's just not the way this front office has operated. I don't like it, but I would be surprised if he isn't in the opening day lineup next year with the way the front office is handling this.
    yea, frankly I don't like it either. They are rushing themselves when they really don't have a reason to.

Acuna has <300 ABs in AA and has a .385 BABIP with a 23% SO rate..... once again...... 19 years old, .385 BABIP and a 23% SO rate. I'm sorry, but that's not somebody who needs to be fast-tracked to AAA.

and I love me some Ronald Acuna, but what are we doing?

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    I wanna see if he's playing RF or CF