Page 31 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Race

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,543 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    with respect to item 4 desegregation has been a long slow process with many school districts still far from fully integrated
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,065 Posts
    Organization that runs Bronx Zoo apologizes for putting an African man on display in its Monkey House

(CNN)For one week in 1906, the Bronx Zoo in New York kept a man from Central Africa in an enclosure in its monkey house There, he stayed trapped in an iron cage with an orangutan while hundreds of people watched. Now, 114 years later, the organization that runs the zoo is apologizing.

The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) issued a statement on Wednesday, formally apologizing for the imprisonment and display of Ota Benga at the Bronx Zoo...

Benga, who was from the Mbuti people of present-day Democratic Republic of Congo, was put on display at the zoo's Monkey House for several days during the week of September 8th, 1906, according to the statement. He was released after local Black ministers expressed their outrage and demanded his freedom.

While imprisoned at the Zoo, Benga underwent inhumane conditions, according to Pamela Newkirk, the author of "Spectacle: The Astonishing Life of Ota Benga." Newkirk, who also wrote a CNN opinion article about Benga's imprisonment, said he often faced hundreds of people at a time while trapped inside an iron cage with an orangutan. He would only have short periods of time outside. After a week, Benga started to resist and threaten attendants, which contributed to his release.

When he was finally freed, Reverend James Gordon took him in at an orphanage he ran in Weeksville, Brooklyn. Benga, who was "unable to return home," died by suicide ten years later.

How does one atone for that?
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,747 Posts
    You atone by making sure people know what happened and not try to hide or run from it. What they should do with this is use it as an example for people to show them the importance of critical thinking and not accepting things as right or wrong because it is considered socially acceptable or legal. People need to understand that the people who did this to this poor guy were not monsters. They werent foaming at the mouth racists who beat their wives and rape their kids. We like to stereotype people who do bad things as just bad people, these people were probably as normal as anyone else at the time.

People need to learn the value of critical thinking. I dont care what time frame a person was born in. We all have the mental capacity to understand right and wrong. The core values of people like you dont murder, rape, steal are relatively consistent throughout history. People just use other **** like religion, greed, etc, to justify straying from these core beliefs.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,065 Posts
    Alabama lawmaker who celebrated KKK leader resigns from church

Rep. Will Dismukes, of Prattville, stepped down from Pleasant Hill Baptist Church, where he was a bivocational pastor, according to Mel Johnson, lead mission strategist for the church’s association.

Dismukes has faced withering criticism over his appearance at the annual event Saturday at “Fort Dixie,” the private home of a Selma woman, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

“Had a great time at Fort Dixie speaking and giving the invocation for Nathan Bedford Forrest annual birthday celebration,” he wrote in a Facebook post that was later removed, according to WFSA. “Always a great time and some sure enough good eating!!"

On Monday, Alabama Republican Party Chairman Terry Lathan called Dismukes’ actions “deeply offensive.”

“It is one thing to honor one’s Southern heritage, however, it is completely another issue to specifically commemorate the leader of an organization with an indisputable history of unconscionable actions and atrocities toward African-Americans,” he said in a statement.

“The Alabama of today was on full, honorable display as we paid humble tribute this weekend to the life of Congressman John Lewis,” Lathan added. “That is the Alabama that we are proud of – showing the nation and world that we are one in the common goals of equality for all of our citizens.”

In an interview with WFSA Monday, Dismukes blamed the backlash on “anti-Southern sentiment.”

“It wasn’t some kind of shot at the passing of Representative John Lewis,” Dismukes said. “I mean that didn’t even really go through my mind, I literally was really just reflecting on a previous day’s events and it was taken in a completely different way that I didn’t exactly see coming and I take responsibility for that.”

He told the station that he has no plans to resign from the state Legislature.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    Billy Corben
    @BillyCorben
    · 7h
    Navy SEAL Museum in Fort Pierce used

“Colin Kaepernick stand-in" for K-9

demonstration at fundraiser last year

https://instagram.com/p/BtJtJ6OFrE-/
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    Political movements these days seem to inevitably hit that moment where the pendulum swings to the point of silly results. That moment usually marks the high water point of the political movement before the pendulum starts swinging back the other way. I'm wondering if the summer of wokeness has hit that point with this silly result.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...th-Nation.html

While I'm not against refusing to show Kindergarten Cop on the basis that it's not a very good movie, the idea that it someone is socially problematic is the ridiculous results you start to see when a political movement is taken to bizarre lengths. I keep hoping to hear that this was just internet trolls seeing if they could make people worry Kindergarten Cop was problematic but it doesn't seem to be happening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,909 Posts
    The irony is that black people need cops the most but white liberals are taking it away from them.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,021 Posts
    Cancelling Kindergartenop Cop? TF? I'm convinced this is a troll job. And looking at Twitter seems to reaffirm my suspicions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Cancelling Kindergartenop Cop? TF? I'm convinced this is a troll job. And looking at Twitter seems to reaffirm my suspicions.
    It really does seem like it should be a troll job. I'll feel better about humanity if it is that rather than people legitimately believing the movie is problematic. Nothing I'm seeing looks like a troll job though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,747 Posts
    Then you dont understand the power of indoctrinating young kids with police propoganda.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,747 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    The irony is that black people need cops the most but white liberals are taking it away from them.

Black people need honest people protecting and serving. When the cops commit the same crimes against black people that they want protecting from they begin to just see cops as more dangerous because atleast if a traditional crook tries to carjack you or break into your house you can shoot them.

I cant find the video from a quick search but I know I posted a clip from a documentary where cops raid a black families home busting down the door and breaking all the windows. They found a gram of weed in one of the kids backpack. They then take all of his money out of his pocket, declare it's now seized, and arrest him. When the family asks what about their smashed up house the cops tell them that's not their problem. This isnt what protecting and serving looks like.

Saying black people need the police so they shouldnt critisize them or them to be accountable to the law is like telling Trump to STFU about the Russia investigation because we need the FBI.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 08-05-2020 at 10:05 AM.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,021 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    It really does seem like it should be a troll job. I'll feel better about humanity if it is that rather than people legitimately believing the movie is problematic. Nothing I'm seeing looks like a troll job though.
    Oh I'm sure there jackwagons that like to find something to bitch about because they have nothing better to do with their lives. But the dozens of post I saw that were "supporting" it were obvious troll jobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,747 Posts
    https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...McClendon.html

Here is a good example of why black people do not like the cops. This black guy bought a nice car. Gets stopped for his temporary tag folding while he was driving so it wasnt visible according to the cop. Problem is there were screws in each corner preventing that. The cop badgers the guy into allowing a search. The black man spends 2 hours on the side of the road as this cop searched, didnt find anything, and then brought dogs in that didnt find anything. All this time there was not one shred of reasonable suspicion beyond his skin color. Is this guy supposed to thank the cop for taking up 2 hours of his time trying to find a reason to arrest him?

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,909 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,747 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Like Jews voting Democratic when the party seems to hate them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Like Jews voting Democratic when the party seems to hate them.
    This is even more puzzling.

But in reality the Jews that support Democrats rarely are practicing ones. True believers support pro business and pro Israeli policies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,747 Posts
    I guess we can officially call posting something without reading beyond the headline as thethe syndrome. Read the bottom line. It's not so much that black people want less police they just want police to treat them better.

When Biden wins can you please let me know specifically when Biden federally defunds the police. I will be waiting.

It’s over."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,842 Posts
    This silliness is sure to get more and more people to start tuning this stuff out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,747 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I guess we can officially call posting something without reading beyond the headline as thethe syndrome. Read the bottom line. It's not so much that black people want less police they just want police to treat them better.

When Biden wins can you please let me know specifically when Biden federally defunds the police. I will be waiting.
    BLM wants less police. Read the Breathe Act.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    BLM wants less police. Read the Breathe Act.
    Law abiding black people seem to not have as much of an issue with police.

I wonder why that is?

BLM is a terrorist organization whose policies will make life worse for black people by orders of magnitude.