Page 32 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Race

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,747 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    BLM wants less police. Read the Breathe Act.

Like I said, you let me know when President Biden defunds the police. It wont happen. I support defending government including the police. Thats why I was not for Biden.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Oh I'm sure there jackwagons that like to find something to bitch about because they have nothing better to do with their lives. But the dozens of post I saw that were "supporting" it were obvious troll jobs.
    The non-troll thing that seems to have initiated this was some local author tossing out a whole bunch of crazy. The movie was pulled and then the trolls descended.

Twitter really needs to do something about the toxicity on there or they'll be left with even fewer celebrities on there than they have right now. The latest target of the insanity is Gina Carano, the MMA fighter turned actress who played Cara Dune on the Mandalorian. She posted an old photo of all these people doing the Hitler salute with a circle around the one guy not doing it. She then posted an article in that thread about the story behind that man's act of defiance. Of course, the nutjobs only saw the picture and started attacking her.

The timeline from there is a bit fuzzy but the best I can tell is that people started accusing her of being racist because she posted a photo of people saluting Hitler. She started blocking people doing this. This included people demanding she post "BLM" to "prove" she's not racist (not sure how that works). She was this accused of blocking black lives matter supporters. She then lashes out against those accusing her of racism and says she's blocking people trying to bully her. You then have people responding that the accusations of racism and insults aren't people bullying her, they're people trying to "educate" her.

Naturally this entire exchange was absolutely rife with trolls. Many were likely bot accounts. However, there were those in that crowd of trolls that were the SJWs. It was all absolute and complete nonsense. Twitter is a bad neighborhood. If it weren't the best location for a custom sports news feed I'd probably delete my account.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,021 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Law abiding black people seem to not have as much of an issue with police.

I wonder why that is?

BLM is a terrorist organization whose policies will make life worse for black people by orders of magnitude.
    While anecdotal, that's literally the opposite of my experience with the black people I converse with on a daily basis. When you're scared of getting pulled over b/c you don't know what might happen, something is fundamentally wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,908 Posts
    While anecdotal, that's literally the opposite of my experience with the black people I converse with on a daily basis. When you're scared of getting pulled over b/c you don't know what might happen, something is fundamentally wrong.
    when I see a police officer driving behind me my heart rate increases dramatically as well.

Nobody wants to get stopped by the cops.

We should fear them. But we should also have oversight on them.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,908 Posts
    when I see a police officer driving behind me my heart rate increases dramatically as well.

Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,021 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    The non-troll thing that seems to have initiated this was some local author tossing out a whole bunch of crazy. The movie was pulled and then the trolls descended.

Twitter really needs to do something about the toxicity on there or they'll be left with even fewer celebrities on there than they have right now. The latest target of the insanity is Gina Carano, the MMA fighter turned actress who played Cara Dune on the Mandalorian. She posted an old photo of all these people doing the Hitler salute with a circle around the one guy not doing it. She then posted an article in that thread about the story behind that man's act of defiance. Of course, the nutjobs only saw the picture and started attacking her.

The timeline from there is a bit fuzzy but the best I can tell is that people started accusing her of being racist because she posted a photo of people saluting Hitler. She started blocking people doing this. This included people demanding she post "BLM" to "prove" she's not racist (not sure how that works). She was this accused of blocking black lives matter supporters. She then lashes out against those accusing her of racism and says she's blocking people trying to bully her. You then have people responding that the accusations of racism and insults aren't people bullying her, they're people trying to "educate" her.

Naturally this entire exchange was absolutely rife with trolls. Many were likely bot accounts. However, there were those in that crowd of trolls that were the SJWs. It was all absolute and complete nonsense. Twitter is a bad neighborhood. If it weren't the best location for a custom sports news feed I'd probably delete my account.
    I use twitter purely for sports and stock trading. I'll take a look a trending topics if they are important, like the Beirut explosion a couple days ago, but other than that it's stocks and sports.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,021 Posts

Ummm.... what? Law abiding citizens should not fear cops. Like ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,908 Posts
    I fear getting a ticket. Cops are a deterrent. And a good deterrent works when you have fear.

If yiu are law abiding then nothing happens to you 99.999% of the time.

Law and order is essential to a functioning society.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,908 Posts
    I fear getting a ticket. Cops are a deterrent. And a good deterrent works when you have fear.

Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    I use twitter purely for sports and stock trading. I'll take a look a trending topics if they are important, like the Beirut explosion a couple days ago, but other than that it's stocks and sports.
    I think that's the correct way to use twitter.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,021 Posts

That sort of fear isn't what I'm talking about, though it's also ridiculous.

Black people that I converse with aren't afraid that they might get a ticket. They literally fear for their life if they get pulled over by the police.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,834 Posts
    That sort of fear isn't what I'm talking about, though it's also ridiculous.

Black people that I converse with aren't afraid that they might get a ticket. They literally fear for their life if they get pulled over by the police.
    If they do, that fear is quite irrational

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,747 Posts
    About as rational as police who think they are going to get shot to death by black people.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,834 Posts
    If they fear that, I'd agree that is irrational

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,747 Posts
    They use it as justification do search black people, stop black people, shoot black people. Truth is its usually an acquired racism which is why Black cops are usually just as bad. But that aint PC so its never apart of the discussion.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,021 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    If they do, that fear is quite irrational
    I'm glad a white guy is here to tell black guy their fear is irrational. Surely that line has never been used before......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,834 Posts
    I'm glad a white guy is here to tell black guy their fear is irrational. Surely that line has never been used before......
    Well... I can objectively look at things and make a determination.

There is no data that would support a justified fear in being killed from a traffic stop.

Its like being afraid of a terrorist attack happening.

Or countless other things.

But let me check with Biden on what the black acceptable thought is right now since they all must think in unison

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,543 Posts
    maybe one of us should tell them if they take school more seriously they will do as well as white kids
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,834 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    maybe one of us should tell them if they take school more seriously they will do as well as white kids
    "Poor kids are just as bright as white kids"

- Joe Biden, in 2020

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,543 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    "Poor kids are just as bright as white kids"

- Joe Biden, in 2020
    yikes...i don't understand the point of your response

My point had to do with the fact that it has been very difficult for blacks to achieve the kind of intergenerational mobility that whites have...and that this very likely reflects institutional barriers ranging from slavery, separate and unequal schools, and racism in an almost infinite variety of forms. Even with the formal end of segregation black children have continued to face barriers to having the same educational opportunities that white children have. Differential police treatment of blacks is real and a serious issue. But from a broader social perspective, it is the barriers that exist to upward mobility for blacks that is the bigger problem. Like any big problem, it is complicated and defies quick fixes. But that doesn't mean we don't have an obligation as individuals and as a society to work to fix it.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 08-06-2020 at 03:24 PM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."