Page 342 of 442 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352392 ... LastLast
Results 6,821 to 6,840 of 8827

Thread: GDT: 11/3/20, Election Day, Donald J. Trump vs. Joseph R. Biden

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,874 Posts
    Lol thanks ill listen to it later. About to go for a run.

When Trump is gone in 2 weeks what will your daily freakout be?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,029 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Lol thanks ill listen to it later. About to go for a run.

When Trump is gone in 2 weeks what will your daily freakout be?
    Dude, come on... if this was a Democrat president doing this, you'd be outraged (as any sane person should be)... you are not being honest with yourself
    Last edited by zbhargrove; 01-03-2021 at 04:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    You stupid phucking fraud

Your reply is even more pathetic than I expected from the likes of you

2019 Georgia Code
    Title 21 - Elections
    Chapter 2 - Elections and Primaries Generally
    Article 15 - Miscellaneous Offenses
    § 21-2-604. Criminal solicitation to commit election fraud; penalties
    Universal Citation: GA Code § 21-2-604 (2019)
    (a)

(1) A person commits the offense of criminal solicitation to commit election fraud in the first degree when, with intent that another person engage in conduct constituting a felony under this article, he or she solicits, requests, commands, importunes, or otherwise attempts to cause the other person to engage in such conduct.

(2) A person commits the offense of criminal solicitation to commit election fraud in the second degree when, with intent that another person engage in conduct constituting a misdemeanor under this article, he or she solicits, requests, commands, importunes, or otherwise attempts to cause the other person to engage in such conduct.

(b)

(1) A person convicted of the offense of criminal solicitation to commit election fraud in the first degree shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than one nor more than three years.

(2) A person convicted of the offense of criminal solicitation to commit election fraud in the second degree shall be punished as for a misdemeanor.

(c) It is no defense to a prosecution for criminal solicitation to commit election fraud that the person solicited could not be guilty of the crime solicited.

(d) The provisions of subsections (a) through (c) of this Code section are cumulative and shall not supersede any other penal law of this state
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    I would guess calling out the cult that sticks around

Love that ya stopped in before running to give more evidence of you being a fraud though. Lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,545 Posts
    sad
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Dude, come on... if this was a Democrat president doing this, you'd be outraged (as any sane person should be)... you are not being honest with yourself
    I just don't have any expectations of Trump behaving maturely or rationally. We know who he is. I also have literally 0 fear he is capable of changing anything. The conservative (non-activist) judges he appointed are making sure of it.

Would a dem have done it in the past? I dunno, it's rare for an incumbent to lose. I know that dem congress people have objected to electors in 3 of the last 4 elections. I notice that nobody here cares or cared about that when it happened. They didn't call it sesition or a coup or whatever hysterical phrase of the week they frequently scream. I know that HRC and the DNC had a "under no circumstances will we concede" policy going into the election. I laughed at that too, because who cares?

The reality is, nobody trusts anything anymore. Our institutions are broken and corrupt. As zito said on this board, the only way Trump could win was election rigging. So under no circumstance would he have trusted the outcome had Trump won. You're seeing the same belief from the other side.

Our institutions have destroyed themselves in their credibility to now we have to deal with this forever. It will happen the next election. It will happen to the one after that. We are in a race to the bottom and it started long before Trump.

My focus continues to be on things that impact the lives of American citizens on a daily basis... I pay little attention to the theatrics of Trump - who will be gone in 17 days.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (01-04-2021), Tapate50 (01-03-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,545 Posts
    Says something that the 10 living former Secretaries of Defense came together to write this op-ed piece.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...2ba_story.html

As former secretaries of defense, we hold a common view of the solemn obligations of the U.S. armed forces and the Defense Department. Each of us swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. We did not swear it to an individual or a party.

American elections and the peaceful transfers of power that result are hallmarks of our democracy. With one singular and tragic exception that cost the lives of more Americans than all of our other wars combined, the United States has had an unbroken record of such transitions since 1789, including in times of partisan strife, war, epidemics and economic depression. This year should be no exception.

Our elections have occurred. Recounts and audits have been conducted. Appropriate challenges have been addressed by the courts. Governors have certified the results. And the electoral college has voted. The time for questioning the results has passed; the time for the formal counting of the electoral college votes, as prescribed in the Constitution and statute, has arrived.

Acting defense secretary Christopher C. Miller and his subordinates — political appointees, officers and civil servants — are each bound by oath, law and precedent to facilitate the entry into office of the incoming administration, and to do so wholeheartedly. They must also refrain from any political actions that undermine the results of the election or hinder the success of the new team.

We call upon them, in the strongest terms, to do as so many generations of Americans have done before them. This final action is in keeping with the highest traditions and professionalism of the U.S. armed forces, and the history of democratic transition in our great country.

Ashton Carter, Dick Cheney, William Cohen, Mark Esper, Robert Gates, Chuck Hagel, James Mattis, Leon Panetta, William Perry and Donald Rumsfeld are the 10 living former U.S. secretaries of defense.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 01-03-2021 at 05:18 PM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    I just don't have any expectations of Trump behaving maturely or rationally. We know who he is. I also have literally 0 fear he is capable of changing anything. The conservative (non-activist) judges he appointed are making sure of it.

Would a dem have done it in the past? I dunno, it's rare for an incumbent to lose. I know that dem congress people have objected to electors in 3 of the last 4 elections. I notice that nobody here cares or cared about that when it happened. They didn't call it sesition or a coup or whatever hysterical phrase of the week they frequently scream. I know that HRC and the DNC had a "under no circumstances will we concede" policy going into the election. I laughed at that too, because who cares?

The reality is, nobody trusts anything anymore. Our institutions are broken and corrupt. As zito said on this board, the only way Trump could win was election rigging. So under no circumstance would he have trusted the outcome had Trump won. You're seeing the same belief from the other side.

Our institutions have destroyed themselves in their credibility to now we have to deal with this forever. It will happen the next election. It will happen to the one after that. We are in a race to the bottom and it started long before Trump.

My focus continues to be on things that impact the lives of American citizens on a daily basis... I pay little attention to the theatrics of Trump - who will be gone in 17 days.
    Chris Hayes
    @chrislhayes
    ·
    29m
    I don’t really think the increasingly open sedition

and authoritarianism hurts the GOP electorally very much

if at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,029 Posts

What dropped today has literally zero to do with objections. This was an hour long recording of a sitting President threatening an official in his own party to change the election based on zero evidence. This is extortion, tampering, etc... You've lost your damn mind if you can't say this is a big deal. Of course you continually display blatant hypocrisy so I don't know why I'm surprised.
    Last edited by zbhargrove; 01-03-2021 at 05:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    What dropped today has literally zero to do with objections. This was an hour long recording of a sitting President threatening an official in his own party to change the election based on zero evidence. This is extortion, tampering, etc... You've lost your damn mind if you can't say this is a big deal.
    It's a big deal. He shouldn't do it.

It will literally change nothing and impact nothing.

Which is why I'm not setting my hair on fire

Anytime Now Frankie... tululush's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    In the state of Georgia a conversation can be recorded if one party agrees to it. So the actual conversation was recorded legally and I’m sure the parties who authorized the recording also released it legally. Nothing was hacked. And I would imagine if the person who legally recorded the call and sent it to the media allowed them to publish it, there’s nothing wrong with that.

“Georgia's wiretapping law is a "one-party consent" law for purposes of making audio recordings of conversations. Georgia makes it a crime to secretly record a phone call or in-person conversation "originat[ing] in any private place" unless one party to the conversation consents.”

https://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/georgia-recording-law

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    but if a teacher demands ( on the advise of health officials) a student wear a mask, that will set your hair on fire.
    Sheeesh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    I would guess calling out the cult that sticks around

Love that ya stopped in before running to give more evidence of you being a fraud though. Lol
    Lol someone has to take over for Thethe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tululush View Post
    Lol someone has to take over for Thethe.
    i see them standing in line

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    It's a big deal. He shouldn't do it.

It will literally change nothing and impact nothing.

Which is why I'm not setting my hair on fire
    So if someone commits a crime but is too dumb to actually get away with it they shouldn’t face the consequences? That’s like saying “the bank robbers were too dumb to not get caught so we’ll let them go. They were too dumb to think they’d rob a bank of millions of dollars and not have a get away car.” Your logic is beyond flawed. You have seductively chosen when to apply the law and when not to because it is regarding someone you have an interest in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    i see them standing in line
    Sturg is probably consoling Thethe as we speak and relaying his bull**** agenda.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,874 Posts
    So if someone commits a crime but is too dumb to actually get away with it they shouldn’t face the consequences? That’s like saying “the bank robbers were too dumb to not get caught so we’ll let them go. They were too dumb to think they’d rob a bank of millions of dollars and not have a get away car.” Your logic is beyond flawed. You have seductively chosen when to apply the law and when not to because it is regarding someone you have an interest in.
    Then impeach him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    but if a teacher demands ( on the advise of health officials) a student wear a mask, that will set your hair on fire.
    Sheeesh
    Damn right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,874 Posts
    Sturg is probably consoling Thethe as we speak and relaying his bull**** agenda.
    Your obsession with another person you've never met is super ****ing creepy.

At least Trump is a public figure yall can obsess over