Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas elementary school shooting…

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,767 Posts
    Right wingers simply use the same talking points for gun control as they do climate change. It takes years of action to see progress. But like climate change, anytime a solution is brought up in the short-term, long term the only retort from the right is either climate change is fake or "what will that do now!?"

If we invested in green 20+ years ago, we wouldn't be asking these dumb questions about gas prices and waiting for a white knight like Elon to save us. It's sad that it took a billionaire to get electric vehicles mainstream, even though the gas/auto industry crushed electric vehicle progress decades before. We can't have gubment invest in green because it will impact oil/gas profits and hurt jobs. But we can allow oil/gas to stimy climate change progress for decades because they aren't the gubment.

"IT'S NOT ABOUT GUNS IT'S ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH". Same people who always say this always ignore when Reagan slashed mental health funding.

The reason this doesn't happen that frequently in other first world countries is simply because they don't have the same individualist mindset as we do. When something affects the community, it affects everyone. Right wingers don't love this country. They only love themselves. Irony when its liberals who always have their patriotism questioned.

We can't have gun control because wHaT iF thE GovErNmeNt tRieS tO eNsLaVe uS!?!?

But we can't have police reform or take away military style weapons/equipment from police forces because yOuRe dEfUndiNg tHoSe tHaT prOteCt uS!!!
    Put your money where your mouth is. The same police you always bend over backwards for, let them be armed and protect us. But something tells me conservatives wouldn't want to be treated by police the same way minorities get treated. So they'll never do that.

We use a 200+ year old document to say abortion was never mentioned, but we also use it to interpret it as we are allowed to have any type of guns that didn't exist then.

We are ALL part of the "well-regulated" militia as the constitution intended, not the actual well-regulated military.

We will never have any meaningful change in this country, because the right wing controls the goalposts to any debate. Nobody moves the goalposts more, and does it better than conservatives.

We can come up with all sorts of laws to make voting more restrictive, but we can't come up with gun laws because it "hurts the good guys with guns".

I don't want to live in a society where every school needs to have bulletproof glass, and needs to be armed by teachers and multiple armed officers protecting it. But that appears to be what conservatives want as their solution. MOAR GUNS.
    Forever Fredi

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

goldfly (05-25-2022), nsacpi (05-25-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,543 Posts
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    High school and middle school mass shootings in the 1990s

Lindhurst HS 1992 14 shot
    Wycliffe MS 1994 4 shot
    Frontier MS 1996 4 shot
    Bethel HS 1997 4 shot
    Pearl HS 1997 10 shot
    Heath HS 1997 11 shot
    Westside MS 1998 15 shot
    Parker MS 1998 5 shot
    Thurston HS 1998 29 shot
    Columbine HS 1999 39 shot
    Heritage HS 1999 6 shot
    11 total. How many since 2000?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,543 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post

Right wingers don't love this country.
    Sure they do. They are fighting day and night to save 'merica from being destroyed by the left and their trans and illegal allies.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,543 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    here is a wiki page if you want to tabulate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...d_States#1990s

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,746 Posts
    This article says 194. It was published in 2017, so we went from 1.1 per year in the 90s to 11.4 per year from 2000-2017

https://www.fatherly.com/health-science/map-of-school-shootings-since-2000

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,767 Posts
    Not sure if an article about best bodyweight workouts for muscle gain would be helpful on gun violence.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,746 Posts
    Not sure if an article about best bodyweight workouts for muscle gain would be helpful on gun violence.
    Haha, I corrected it. I accidentally clicked the next article on the page

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,842 Posts
    This article says 194. It was published in 2017, so we went from 1.1 per year in the 90s to 11.4 per year from 2000-2017

https://www.fatherly.com/health-scie...ngs-since-2000
    Just wait til the COVID nonsense manifests

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,543 Posts

https://www.fatherly.com/health-scie...ngs-since-2000
    The wiki data are for mass shootings, which they appear to define as 3 or more victims. Not sure if the fatherly.com definition is the same.

If you tabulate the wiki school shootings numbers since 2000, let us know what you find.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 05-25-2022 at 12:18 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    The wiki data are for mass shootings, which they appear to define as 3 or more victims. Not sure if the fatherly.com definition is the same.

If you tabulate the wiki school shootings numbers since 2000, let us know what you find.
    No idea, using your link, we've had 131 since 2010 (10.1 per year)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,767 Posts
    https://www.npr.org/2022/05/25/11011...medium=twitter

If everyone was armed at that conference... it would make Trump the safest man in America.
    Forever Fredi

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,842 Posts
    I understand the seals software doesn't allow them to think... But this point is succinct

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    No one but you has said nothing can be done. You just don't like what was said because it doesn't align with the talking points you decided to swallow. Stop acting like a child.
    Lol, all that had been said is the same bull**** of “that won’t work”

Like after every single other shooting and nothing changes
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,543 Posts
    No idea, using your link, we've had 131 since 2010 (10.1 per year)
    You have to do a little work dude. The wiki list is for ALL mass shootings. You have to dig a little and find the ones that took place at schools.

Alexa please remind me never to hire anyone from Mississippi.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,920 Posts
    How about a 2-3 person police substation outside each school.

High schoolers are much more educated in crime/drugs than they used to be so it shouldn’t be that crazy of an idea
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I'm happy to provide his robot answer for you:

"Do what every other 1st world country does and has managed to not have these events"

^ and he'll think that is answering your question
    Somehow looking at and implementing what every other country has done to stop these from happening is somehow not an answer?

No wonder this keeps happening

“Maybe we should do the same things the people did that stopped this from happening?”

“That isnt a solution that would work!”

Lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    How about a 2-3 person police substation outside each school.

High schoolers are much more educated in crime/drugs than they used to be so it shouldn’t be that crazy of an idea
    There is literally 130,930 in the USA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    Right wingers simply use the same talking points for gun control as they do climate change. It takes years of action to see progress. But like climate change, anytime a solution is brought up in the short-term, long term the only retort from the right is either climate change is fake or "what will that do now!?"

If we invested in green 20+ years ago, we wouldn't be asking these dumb questions about gas prices and waiting for a white knight like Elon to save us. It's sad that it took a billionaire to get electric vehicles mainstream, even though the gas/auto industry crushed electric vehicle progress decades before. We can't have gubment invest in green because it will impact oil/gas profits and hurt jobs. But we can allow oil/gas to stimy climate change progress for decades because they aren't the gubment.

"IT'S NOT ABOUT GUNS IT'S ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH". Same people who always say this always ignore when Reagan slashed mental health funding.

The reason this doesn't happen that frequently in other first world countries is simply because they don't have the same individualist mindset as we do. When something affects the community, it affects everyone. Right wingers don't love this country. They only love themselves. Irony when its liberals who always have their patriotism questioned.

We can't have gun control because wHaT iF thE GovErNmeNt tRieS tO eNsLaVe uS!?!?

But we can't have police reform or take away military style weapons/equipment from police forces because yOuRe dEfUndiNg tHoSe tHaT prOteCt uS!!!
    Put your money where your mouth is. The same police you always bend over backwards for, let them be armed and protect us. But something tells me conservatives wouldn't want to be treated by police the same way minorities get treated. So they'll never do that.

We use a 200+ year old document to say abortion was never mentioned, but we also use it to interpret it as we are allowed to have any type of guns that didn't exist then.

We are ALL part of the "well-regulated" militia as the constitution intended, not the actual well-regulated military.

We will never have any meaningful change in this country, because the right wing controls the goalposts to any debate. Nobody moves the goalposts more, and does it better than conservatives.

We can come up with all sorts of laws to make voting more restrictive, but we can't come up with gun laws because it "hurts the good guys with guns".

I don't want to live in a society where every school needs to have bulletproof glass, and needs to be armed by teachers and multiple armed officers protecting it. But that appears to be what conservatives want as their solution. MOAR GUNS.
    Yep

And they blame mental illness but don’t fight to fund things for it or keep guns out of the hands with mental illness

It’s a sham

Like saying “foreign aid should be spent here!” But if we spent it here, they cry communism etc etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,920 Posts
    Imagine thinking putting a tax on something that cost 20$ to be deterrent to someone going to kill 21 people and kill their grandmother
    Ivermectin Man