Page 481 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 381431471479480481482483491531581981 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,620 of 23002

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Patriots AFC best team?

LMAO!!!

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Can we just stop arguing about the doormat of the NFL which is the NFC East. Nobody cares about mediocre football teams. Especially when we are debating on which six win team is better than the other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,926 Posts
    Forget how much star power Denver has on D as well.
    Ivermectin Man

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (09-07-2014)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Can we just stop arguing about the doormat of the NFL which is the NFC East. Nobody cares about mediocre football teams. Especially when we are debating on which six win team is better than the other.
    NFC East is horrible. Eagles should roll through the division.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Forget how much star power Denver has on D as well.
    They are pissed that Indy scored on them. I see an epic beatdown in the second unlike the Patriots who didn't score a point after with 10 point lead and let Wake prison raped Pretty Boy.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,871 Posts
    AA's obsession with New England is... interesting?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,318 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    They are pissed that Indy scored on them. I see an epic beatdown in the second unlike the Patriots who didn't score a point after with 10 point lead and let Wake prison raped Pretty Boy.
    good call.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TURBO For This Useful Post:

Krovahn (09-07-2014)

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,865 Posts
    Heck of a play by the rookie Roby
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Luck is so good, he has no quit in him.

Played like ass in the 2nd half.

HUGE play by Roby to seal it.

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krovahn View Post
    My thoughts on the 49ers game:

The defense played far worse than the numbers will show. Yes, they had the picks, but, they gave up a lot of yards on the ground. Matt Forte and the Bears’ O-Line have to be salivating right now. The picks, were less about the defense and more about Tony Romo making incompetent decisions; farther re-iterating my beliefs that he is greatly over-rated. The secondary was surprisingly okay, though, only allowing the one large pass play late in the game, that coming when they had Cox and Johnson in, the back-ups, due to injury. If they can stay healthy, I think they will be okay. Missing Smith and Bowman (and Dorsey) really hurts the run defense and it showed.

The offense looked really good, minus penalties that killed some drives. With Boldin, Davis, Crabtree, and Johnson, there are a lot of options for Kap, and he was using them all through the game. Hyde looked great, and has the potential to be really good for the long haul, especially if he keeps learning from Gore. They essentially looked like the same player when they were out there, hard at times to tell them apart.

The officiating, to me, was piss-poor. Yes, the Niners had a lot of stupid penalties… but, there were at least 4 that shouldn’t have been called that all hurt the Niners: The first ‘hands to the face’ against Brooks, the two ‘Illegal contact’ penalties where one was contact within 5 yards and one wasn’t any contact, and finally the offense ‘pass interference’ on Lloyd. Regardless if those should have been called or not, the Niners have to get their butts in gear and not have stupid penalties like that. Against most other teams, it would have cost them the game.

Overall, it was good to get the win, and the offense did look really good… but, there is a ton of room for improvement. Next week could be a disaster if Forte gets the running room that Murray had today.
    Run D was terrible. Aside from the obvious in Bowman, people don't realize how good Aldon is at run D as well. Brock got hurt and Culliver and Ward both had concussions. Not a good start to the season when your 3 best CB's are hurt in game 1. Thank god we have Cutler next week, who makes even more bad decisions than Romo does.

Offense looked great and will look even better once Boone and Davis are back. Hyde looked awesome. I didn't really realize how Gore had lost a step until Hyde came in and just looked twice as explosive as him. He doesn't have nearly the vision of Gore but what Gore runs around, Hyde runs through.

The officiating was ridiculous. I can see the hands to the face penalty on Brooks because it looked like that the way the guys head moved. But the illegal contact on Ward was ridiculous and the pass interference on Lloyd was even more ridiculous. It was obvious they were trying to get the Cowboys back in the game. We got penalized on every 3rd down they couldn't convert and every 3rd down we converted.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ESP47 For This Useful Post:

Krovahn (09-07-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,751 Posts
    Well congrats to those of you who are Falcon fans. I have seen the Matt Ryan arguments but I think he is a hell of a qb. I guess I have to give up on my 19-0 dreams a little early this year. Still super hyped for the season.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESP47 View Post
    Run D was terrible. Aside from the obvious in Bowman, people don't realize how good Aldon is at run D as well. Brock got hurt and Culliver and Ward both had concussions. Not a good start to the season when your 3 best CB's are hurt in game 1. Thank god we have Cutler next week, who makes even more bad decisions than Romo does.

Offense looked great and will look even better once Boone and Davis are back. Hyde looked awesome. I didn't really realize how Gore had lost a step until Hyde came in and just looked twice as explosive as him. He doesn't have nearly the vision of Gore but what Gore runs around, Hyde runs through.

The officiating was ridiculous. I can see the hands to the face penalty on Brooks because it looked like that the way the guys head moved. But the illegal contact on Ward was ridiculous and the pass interference on Lloyd was even more ridiculous. It was obvious they were trying to get the Cowboys back in the game. We got penalized on every 3rd down they couldn't convert and every 3rd down we converted.
    Regarding the rush defense....don't forget Dallas has a massive oline that could end up being one of the top lines in football. Against a regular line with the starters back we will be as stifling as we always are.

The offense looked great and it didn't even look like they were trying anymore in the second half. If not for the refs this game would have been 35 to 3. Great start imo.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Well congrats to those of you who are Falcon fans. I have seen the Matt Ryan arguments but I think he is a hell of a qb. I guess I have to give up on my 19-0 dreams a little early this year. Still super hyped for the season.
    Saints are a heck of a team. Falcons and Saints should be back on top of the division like the good old years not like the last 2 where one wasn't in the playoff picture. Scary thing is that Tampa and Carolina look pretty strong. Carolina's D is strong, but their offense leaves much to be desired.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krovahn View Post
    Bad calls. You know when Troy Aikman is arguing and upset about a call like that, saying it should have went against his Cowboys. You know something is wrong.
    LOL Aikman is a Cowboy hater on the air...he never defends them.
    Plenty of calls were bad/not called both ways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Lol nice game from Romo and the Cowboys.
    Lose by 11 to a team that's been in the NFCCG the last two years, or 11 to the team with the #1 overall pick.
    Hmm...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    LOL Aikman is a Cowboy hater on the air...he never defends them.
    Plenty of calls were bad/not called both ways.
    Oh come on. That game should have been 35 to 3. It was horribly officiated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    I think Romo not playing/practicing much really showed up yesterday. He was off and forcing things he usually doesn't. And let me talk about the play calling. Again. Why they decide to throw the ball on 2nd and 1 from the 3 is beyond me. The run game was so effective, it was the perfect time to run, and they go with a throw. Sack. Now 3rd and 11. That's why you spent three 1st rounders on the OL - to RUN the ball in times like that. It was working. I don't know why I always have a glimmer of hope that their play calling will change, but it never does. And it is just far too easy to throw on this team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Oh come on. That game should have been 35 to 3. It was horribly officiated.
    You say this about every game. The same way Seattle's game was, right?
    Grabbing facemasks and helmet-to-helmet hits didn't go the Cowboys' way...it has nothing to do with the outcome at all. But the Cowboys rarely get the benefit of the doubt from the refs, and maybe more calls went their way yesterday, but you can say that about any game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    You say this about every game. The same way Seattle's game was, right?
    Grabbing facemasks and helmet-to-helmet hits didn't go the Cowboys' way...it has nothing to do with the outcome at all. But the Cowboys rarely get the benefit of the doubt from the refs, and maybe more calls went their way yesterday, but you can say that about any game.
    One horrid call nullified a 40 yard catch and another sustained a drive on third and long. No objective person said otherwise about the game. Cowboys are just stupid for not running more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    One horrid call nullified a 40 yard catch and another sustained a drive on third and long. No objective person said otherwise about the game. Cowboys are just stupid for not running more.
    Just make sure you update your roster - it's playoff time.