Page 49 of 389 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: January 6th insurrection thread...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Maricopa board meeting is short in facts and heavy on virtue signaling.

Big tell....
    Natural Immunity Croc

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

https://twitter.com/DianneG/status/1...342585350?s=20
    This seems like the correct response to me. As has been the case since 11/3, there is no actual evidence to put up in a court case. It's easy to post a meaningless screenshot and a couple of spicy paragraphs that can fire up every conspiracy theorist on Facebook. It's a lot harder to produce actual evidence that holds up in court- especially when there isn't any.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by McCann'sCans View Post

https://twitter.com/DianneG/status/1...342585350?s=20
    This seems like the correct response to me. As has been the case since 11/3, there is no actual evidence to put up in a court case. It's easy to post a meaningless screenshot and a couple of spicy paragraphs that can fire up every conspiracy theorist on Facebook. It's a lot harder to produce actual evidence that holds up in court- especially when there isn't any.
    One can’t acquire evidence until a real audit is done.

But analytics indicate that audits is required.

This type of explanation works well for people who don’t understand how auditing works like you.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Yes. Only you and Cyber Ninjas know how real audits work. Not those 'old guard' Republican wonks who run elections for a living (and already conducted a hand audit in Arizona) or companies like Pro V&V and SLI Compliance who are certified to run forensic audits on elections (and already did in Arizona).

You know that a 'real' audit shows the dead voter list and the bamboo shavings and lists Trump as the winner. Anything else is a 'fake' audit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Yes. Only you and Cyber Ninjas know how real audits work. Not those 'old guard' Republican wonks who run elections for a living (and already conducted a hand audit in Arizona) or companies like Pro V&V and SLI Compliance who are certified to run forensic audits on elections (and already did in Arizona).

You know that a 'real' audit shows the dead voter list and the bamboo shavings and lists Trump as the winner. Anything else is a 'fake' audit.
    Can you point me to their experience on what audits look like? I guess you think that matching one sheet of paper to another as the full body of audit theory.

But it’s a normal approach to go to the most extremes on what the radicalized part of the movement thinks. It’s because you don’t want to focus on what the canvassing will show which has already been shown through independent work. The audit just will formalize it.

But continue on. You know with that wealth of auditing knowledge you possess. Happy to help with any grey areas.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    suppose for a second they do find malfeasance.

Then what ?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    suppose for a second they do find malfeasance.

Then what ?
    Great question.

It would be difficult to tie a vote to a person and the fraud that likely is uncovered (mail ins to non residences) will not be traceable to a submitted vote.

What it really does is enforce voting right bills and why they are needed. This will also continue to counter the narrative that working class people who vote for populist candidates are in the minority.

We will see because once Arizona is done the audits are coming to many other states. I’d welcome the democrats to share their concerns about certain races and requests audits as well. Full transparency.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    full transparency or chaos ?

I think the goal is the latter rather than the former
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    full transparency or chaos ?

I think the goal is the latter rather than the former
    If there is systemic election fraud then that chaos is a necessary process to ensure the future of this nation.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Can you point me to their experience on what audits look like? I guess you think that matching one sheet of paper to another as the full body of audit theory.

But it’s a normal approach to go to the most extremes on what the radicalized part of the movement thinks. It’s because you don’t want to focus on what the canvassing will show which has already been shown through independent work. The audit just will formalize it.

But continue on. You know with that wealth of auditing knowledge you possess. Happy to help with any grey areas.

Can you throw your auditing credentials and experience out there for me? Until then, I'll trust the experts who have been involved in this process on both sides of the aisle over the nutjobs.

https://www.maricopa.gov/5539/Voting...acts#handcount

https://www.maricopa.gov/5681/Elections-Equipment-Audit

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,870 Posts
    Trusting rhe "experts" has certainly been foolproof the last few years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Can you throw your auditing credentials and experience out there for me? Until then, I'll trust the experts who have been involved in this process on both sides of the aisle over the nutjobs.

https://www.maricopa.gov/5539/Voting...acts#handcount

https://www.maricopa.gov/5681/Elections-Equipment-Audit
    I spent a little time with PwC. Maybe you’ve heard of them?

Either way, you still don’t seem to grasp that it’s the canvassing that is going to show if frau exists. Show me where this was done in t he prior two “audits”?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Trusting rhe "experts" has certainly been foolproof the last few years
    The only people that continue to say “trust the experts” are the ones that can’t think for themselves.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    still rambling about the fake bull**** "audit" lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,065 Posts
    It's so crazy. The election turned out pretty much like people thought it would. Trump new Biden was his most dangerous opponent.

"The big lie" is only going to keep getting bigger if the GOP doesn't leave it alone. They are so screwed and they just keep doing unpopular things.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    The only people that continue to say “trust the experts” are the ones that can’t think for themselves.
    thethe, more knowledgeable about something than people with the knowledge of handling said process

"Hey plumber, sure you've been doing this for years, but I think for myself and think I should be able to just kiss a pex into copper and it will join because your connectors are fake news"
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    The man 'spent a little time' with PwC and is suddenly the leading expert on auditing. The best part is, he doesn't realize that 1) every county in Arizona, almost all of which are run by Republicans including Maricopa, completed a canvass and published the results on November 24 before they were certified by the Republican Gov 2) the results of that initial canvass were confirmed by a hand recount conducted in January also by Republicans, and the security of the election was again confirmed in an audit conducted in February 3) The audit that will surely bring everything crashing down due to the all-important canvass of votes that I can't grasp...isn't actually conducting a canvass!

Good for him though. I'm sure he saves a lot of money on things like electricians, doctors, attorneys, etc. with the 'never trust an expert' mantra.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    The man 'spent a little time' with PwC and is suddenly the leading expert on auditing. The best part is, he doesn't realize that 1) every county in Arizona, almost all of which are run by Republicans including Maricopa, completed a canvass and published the results on November 24 before they were certified by the Republican Gov 2) the results of that initial canvass were confirmed by a hand recount conducted in January also by Republicans, and the security of the election was again confirmed in an audit conducted in February 3) The audit that will surely bring everything crashing down due to the all-important canvass of votes that I can't grasp...isn't actually conducting a canvass!

Good for him though. I'm sure he saves a lot of money on things like electricians, doctors, attorneys, etc. with the 'never trust an expert' mantra.
    Your response to me showing you the audits did not include a canvass is that the county boards self certifying their own work? I guess you didn’t understand what I was saying which is fine. I’ve come to expect that now.

I’m wondering now how robust you think this self certification process is and what the budgets are to conduct this type of exercise. I’d also wonder if you think from an auditor perspective that a self certification means that nothing could be wrong and there is nothing to see here.

And of course they have to stop the canvassing effort now. The DOJ is threatening any person who conducts this until it can be litigated. It should make you wonder why this is the part that is getting the most attention by the DOJ. Before I tell you why don’t you dwell on that.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    So your honest belief is that a bunch of Republican county officials across the state of Arizona fraudulently approved election results so that Biden could win. Then the Republican Governor of Arizona certified those results, and the Republican AG did nothing. Those same Republicans statewide then went back to canvass the results and- because they hate Trump so deeply- decided to keep the fraudulent numbers.

Question: Once the party purges all of these 'old guard' Republicans like Cheney and Romney and every state official in Arizona who apparently hate Trump as well as the 'old guard' voters who elected these Trump haters, how does the Republican minority suddenly become a majority?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    No, my honest belief is that the certification process is effectively rubber stamped with limited real work performed to ensure existence, accuracy and completeness. Why don’t you go look up those assertions and see how an auditor gets comfort on those.

The old guard republican is a slim minority and overrepresented in congress and in media. Don’t you worry. The change is happening and politicians that actually represent the will of their voters is coming.