Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The letter to Iran from republicans in the senate...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Why not ?
    If it was that obvious I wouldn't ask the question.

How many countries has Iran invaded and occupied the past 15 years ?
    Because an American has more to fear from a nuclear Iran than a nuclear US. That's just common sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    Read above where I said I am not at all pleased that there is a nuclear USA.

Having said that, I would rather have Iran in the nuclear tent p*issing out than outside the nuclear tent p*issing in

//////////////

Judging 21st Middle Eastern history Iran could be considered more responsible with a bomb than the good ole USofA
    Last edited by 57Brave; 03-13-2015 at 05:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Judging 21st Middle Eastern history Iran could be considered more responsible with a bomb than the good ole USofA
    No, it couldn't. You're just letting your government hatred cloud your judgment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    I ask again, how many countries has Iran invaded unprovoked - since 9/11 ???

Wow 2 days ago i was accused of blindly loving our government :)
    maybe if we talk foreign policy more often I'd get some of my youthful rebel cred back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    I ask again, how many countries has Iran invaded unprovoked - since 9/11 ???

Wow 2 days ago i was accused of blindly loving our government :)
    maybe if we talk foreign policy more often I'd get some of my youthful rebel cred back
    Blind hatred or devotion does not make you a rebel or patriot.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    441 Posts
    I'm against Iran getting a nuclear bomb but they'd never use the thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    I'm against Iran getting a nuclear bomb but they'd never use the thing.
    But it would stand a much better chance of falling into the hands of terrorists who would.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    The Israelis will never let Iran get the bomb.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    The Israelis will never let Iran get the bomb.
    They're another problem altogether. They remind me of the girl who gets her boyfriend beat up.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

goldfly (03-14-2015)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    That's convenient. Just say certain ones don't matter much. And please..."gotcha game"? Hawk you are a master of it. That's your bread and butter (while telling others they are doing it). You've done it in this very thread - and in the process overlooked how I stated my first post. I'm not excusing anything - just wanting those bitching now (including you) to be honest and ask if you are being consistent or are you just rooting for your team? Whatever that team is.

Play it honest Hawk.
    Sorry I haven't gotten around to answering you, lots to do and I simply don't move as fast as I used to. Well what to say? Do you want me to say I don't jump on the Dems for doing crappy stuff as quickly or as readily as I do Repubs? I'm not totally sure I agree with you, but I can see how a person would think that. The bottom line to me is that I expect next to nothing from the Dems (at least nothing constructive) therefore I am hardly ever let down by them. For some strange dumbassed reason I still seem to think a Repub is gonna come along who really wants to do good things for someone other than the 1%ers and for some even stranger reason I seem to never learn that the way to the top of that party is to come off looking like Tom Cotton.

I think it's always useful to try and understand those around you, especially those who you consider worth understanding (and yes I'd put you in that number), but while I think we agree on more than might seem to be the case sometimes I think there is a fundamental fork in the road at some point (metaphorically speaking). You said (and correct me if I'm wrong) that you simply want everyone to criticize both sides equally when they do crappy stuff just to make political points. I have no problem with that, but maybe because I still see you as a monarchist at heart (and again correct me if I'm wrong) you and pretty much every conservative on this board, seem to have given up on your guys being flawed, arrogant self serving "politicians" and you seem to just want everyone to recognize that we have a lot of pots on both sides calling the kettles on the other side "black". Fairness??? Once again, nothing wrong with that strictly speaking but here's where we disagree, I got sick and tired of Republicans claiming to be committed to doing certain things while in truth they weren't even really trying to do those things, just to keep the well meaning masses who support them hanging onto those hopes. I see through their sorry arses as easily as the average person sees through a freshly windexed window. Why don't I see through and call out the Dems for doing the same thing? Because I don't care about them. I literally don't give two ****es about the entire bunch of them. They only serve two purposes in this life, 1) they piss off Republicans and their minions and 2) they take political seats and sit around with their thumbs up their arses, while at the same time keeping Republicans out of those seats who would be doing even worse, more destructive things. It's not that hard to see, though a "true believer, whomever they might be" can't/won't see it. I accept that. I've about reached my end of trying to save people, people are going to have to save themselves for a change.

Not trying to make trouble or be a pain (at least any more than I usually do) I just wanted to give you an answer/response. You certainly deserve to not be deserted when making a valid point .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    Blind hatred or devotion does not make you a rebel or patriot.
    Let's not confuse hatred or devotion with agreement or disagreement. That would be Foxian
    Last edited by 57Brave; 03-13-2015 at 07:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Let's not confuse hatred or devotion with agreement or disagreement. That would be Foxian
    Okay. Sounds good.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Sorry I haven't gotten around to answering you, lots to do and I simply don't move as fast as I used to. Well what to say? Do you want me to say I don't jump on the Dems for doing crappy stuff as quickly or as readily as I do Repubs? I'm not totally sure I agree with you, but I can see how a person would think that. The bottom line to me is that I expect next to nothing from the Dems (at least nothing constructive) therefore I am hardly ever let down by them. For some strange dumbassed reason I still seem to think a Repub is gonna come along who really wants to do good things for someone other than the 1%ers and for some even stranger reason I seem to never learn that the way to the top of that party is to come off looking like Tom Cotton.

I think it's always useful to try and understand those around you, especially those who you consider worth understanding (and yes I'd put you in that number), but while I think we agree on more than might seem to be the case sometimes I think there is a fundamental fork in the road at some point (metaphorically speaking). You said (and correct me if I'm wrong) that you simply want everyone to criticize both sides equally when they do crappy stuff just to make political points. I have no problem with that, but maybe because I still see you as a monarchist at heart (and again correct me if I'm wrong) you and pretty much every conservative on this board, seem to have given up on your guys being flawed, arrogant self serving "politicians" and you seem to just want everyone to recognize that we have a lot of pots on both sides calling the kettles on the other side "black". Fairness??? Once again, nothing wrong with that strictly speaking but here's where we disagree, I got sick and tired of Republicans claiming to be committed to doing certain things while in truth they weren't even really trying to do those things, just to keep the well meaning masses who support them hanging onto those hopes. I see through their sorry arses as easily as the average person sees through a freshly windexed window. Why don't I see through and call out the Dems for doing the same thing? Because I don't care about them. I literally don't give two ****es about the entire bunch of them. They only serve two purposes in this life, 1) they piss off Republicans and their minions and 2) they take political seats and sit around with their thumbs up their arses, while at the same time keeping Republicans out of those seats who would be doing even worse, more destructive things. It's not that hard to see, though a "true believer, whomever they might be" can't/won't see it. I accept that. I've about reached my end of trying to save people, people are going to have to save themselves for a change.

Not trying to make trouble or be a pain (at least any more than I usually do) I just wanted to give you an answer/response. You certainly deserve to not be deserted when making a valid point .

No need to be sorry OHawk - move at your pace. Hope you also read a couple of my posts after the one you've quoted above. I'm good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    If Pakistan can have nukes and it hasn't fallen into the "Wrong hands"

i really don't see why we think it would happen with Iran

Iran is way more stable than Pakistan

i can agree to a degree that we don't want Iran to have the bomb but i really wouldn't be freaked out if they joined the party either though honestly
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Ideology is the raison d’etre of Iran’s regime, legitimating its rule and inspiring its leaders and their supporters. In this sense, it is akin to communist, fascist and Nazi regimes that set out to transform the world. Iran aims to carry its Islamic revolution across the Middle East and beyond. A nuclear arsenal, even if it is only brandished, would vastly enhance Iran’s power to achieve that goal.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...9d2_story.html

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Ideology is the raison d’etre of Iran’s regime, legitimating its rule and inspiring its leaders and their supporters. In this sense, it is akin to communist, fascist and Nazi regimes that set out to transform the world. Iran aims to carry its Islamic revolution across the Middle East and beyond. A nuclear arsenal, even if it is only brandished, would vastly enhance Iran’s power to achieve that goal.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...9d2_story.html
    i agree with that
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    This letter to the editor has an interesting point:

FiscalConservative SocialLiberal
    10:25 AM EST
    The author proves that having an education, great credentials, and a platform does not make you wise or even rational. Say what you will about the Iranian regime, they are rational actors. They are not ISIS style fundamentalists that are willing to die for the cause. Iran obtaining a nuclear weapon will not mean the end of Israel or the United States. Iran will subscribe to the policies of Mutually Assured Destruction. Considering that our best bet to effecting regime change in Iran is through closer ties, a deal that brings about Iran's deeper contacts with democracy is a no brainer. If you want to neuter Iran you would best do it with an embrace that brings them closer rather than a push that sends them into the arms of the Russians and Chinese.

Like I said earlier , paraphrasing LBJ "inside the tent p1ssing out rather than outside the ten p1ssing in "

////

same writer :

Seems not even the Israeli's believe that Iran is an existential threat to anyone as they are about to throw out Netenyahu for a more conciliatory Herzog.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    Today's excuse ( the 4th or 5th -- personal responsibility be damned ) was it wasn't sent by envelope so it is inaccurate to say they "sent " it to the Ayatollah

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...d=sm_fb_maddow

////

kept me up last night but i figured out why some are offended by left leaning blogs.
    They give them facts data and quotes they would prefer to ignore.
    You know things that fly in the face of bubblelogic

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    367 House Members (out of 435) warn Obama on Iran

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/po...etter-to-obama