Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I gave DJT a chance, now I'm out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Trouble is with that solution is it will be heard to target their communications network without getting into everyone else's.
    Agreed. This will not be an easy war and will be waged for decades.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    856 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    The first metric in the argument uses a time frame that ends in 2005. How is that relevan now?
    Do you believe the Quran changed in the last 10 years, or do you think that just maybe the conditions in the Middle East may have played a part in any changes to that percentage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    856 Posts
    I disagree. I would never act as if I'm an expert on Islamic scripture but from everything I've read the religion is inherently violent. I think bedell could really expand on this.
    Have you read the ****ing Old Testament? You can point to evidence of an angry and vengeful God in any scripture.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    Do you believe the Quran changed in the last 10 years, or do you think that just maybe the conditions in the Middle East may have played a part in any changes to that percentage?
    I believe this has been brewing fr centuries and only recently have the radicals been able to mobilize. Thus is due to our terrible foreign policy since the cold war when we encouraged the clerics in Saudi Arabia to spread wahabbism to combat the russians.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Have you read the ****ing Old Testament? You can point to evidence of an angry and vengeful God in any scripture.
    I'm not a fan of any organized religon. All I see is that almost 100% of global terrorist acts are perpetrated by muslims.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Well, at least you're consistent.
    I don't like it. It's was delivered tactlessly and smacks of intolerance.

But when people use language like, 'The Statue of Liberty is crying now' or any number of other truly hysterical portrayals of this order that I've read today (here, there, and everywhere) it prompts the devil's advocate in me. There is real logic in thoroughly scrutinizing the refugee program. I'm happy to concede this doesn't outwardly appear to be the best method.

I will say, though, that individuals who choose not to worry, or dismiss the worries of others, about the coalescing of Muslim populations in America (especially these Syrian refugees; who are vulnerable and susceptible to radicalization) need to go visit Molenbeek in Brussels or Neukölln in Berlin or Blackburn in the United Kingdom and tell me if that's what they are comfortable with America embracing in any way, shape, or form.
    Last edited by Hawk; 01-28-2017 at 06:22 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

Jaw (01-30-2017), weso1 (01-28-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I don't like it. It's was delivered tactlessly and smacks of intolerance.

But when people use language like, 'The Statue of Liberty is crying now' or any number of other truly hysterical portrayals of this order that I've read today (here, there, and everywhere) it prompts the devil's advocate in me. There is real logic in thoroughly scrutinizing the refugee program. I'm happy to concede this isn't the best one.

I will say, though, that individuals who choose not to worry, or dismiss the worries of others, about the coalescing of Muslim populations in America (especially these Syrian refugees; who are vulnerable and susceptible to radicalization - not to mention that the vast majority were born into a strict Sharia environment under Gadaffi) need to go visit Molenbeek in Brussels or Neukölln in Berlin or Blackburn in the United Kingdom and tell me if that's what they are comfortable with America embracing in any way shape or form.
    I'm not sure if people are just unaware what is haopening in the UK and Europe or are just being eillifully ignorant about jt.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    My brother-in-law is a Pakistani native, a naturalized citizen, a Muslim, and a big fan of (American) football. His family is still there. Hope he gets to see them again.

My uncle is an Iraqi-born Armenian. He extricated his aged mother from Iraq before the war, but if he were trying to do so now, she might never have met her American grandchildren.

Crocodile tears. Please.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (01-29-2017), Metaphysicist (01-29-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    There are problems and challenges in European assimilation of migrant minorities. No kidding. There are also notable successes.

Also, this is not Europe. Let's not let scaremongering drive policy.
    Last edited by Julio3000; 01-28-2017 at 06:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    856 Posts
    I'm not a fan of any organized religon. All I see is that almost 100% of global terrorist acts are perpetrated by muslims.
    Except in the United States, Europe or pretty much anywhere that doesn't have Islam as the overwhelming majority religion. I wonder why terror attacks in heavily Muslim areas might be perpetrated by Muslims. Surely it's the religion itself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    There are problems and challenges in European assimilation of migrant minorities. No kidding. There are also notable successes.

Also, this is not Europe. Let's not let scaremongering drive policy.
    And let's not ignore what has happened in Europe as if it could not happen here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Except in the United States, Europe or pretty much anywhere that doesn't have Islam as the overwhelming majority religion. I wonder why terror attacks in heavily Muslim areas might be perpetrated by Muslims. Surely it's the religion itself.
    I'm not even sure how to respond to this. How about all the terrorism in just the west the last 10 years? How is this even debateable that Islam is at the heart of these attacks?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    856 Posts
    I'm not even sure how to respond to this. How about all the terrorism in just the west the last 10 years? How is this even debateable that Islam is at the heart of these attacks?
    Some of the stats I cited for Europe are from the last 10 years. The numbers don't match the perception.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Some of the stats I cited for Europe are from the last 10 years. The numbers don't match the perception.
    I'm sorry but which stats are you referring to?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    856 Posts
    I'm sorry but which stats are you referring to?
    Image wouldn't work on mobile, so here: http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ven-close.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    And let's not ignore what has happened in Europe as if it could not happen here.
    Why on earth would we act, and legislate, as if it has?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    And in saying that, I'm not co-signing your idea of what has "happened" in Europe. I'm just positing it that it's dumb policy to reflexively react to something so removed from our context.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Image wouldn't work on mobile, so here: http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ven-close.html
    What I think this article misses as do others in my opinion is that radical Islam is a centralized belief system that seek similar goals. These separatist groups that are referenced are localized and dont have global aspirations. That matters to me and it's what drives my beliefs about this issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    And in saying that, I'm not co-signing your idea of what has "happened" in Europe. I'm just positing it that it's dumb policy to reflexively react to something so removed from our context.
    It's not our context yet because we haven't assimilated the numbers these other nations have. Once we do though we might see it otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,751 Posts
    I disagree. I would never act as if I'm an expert on Islamic scripture but from everything I've read the religion is inherently violent. I think bedell could really expand on this.
    Just about every religion encourages violence against non believers. Christians were just as bad as Muslims but have mostly mellowed out.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.