Page 561 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 614615115515595605615625635716116611061 ... LastLast
Results 11,201 to 11,220 of 22999

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Yeah, because we are NFC West fans and we know how good the Cards really were last year. They probalby win the division in 4 out of the 5 divisions last year and make noise in the playoffs. I just like to go back and see all the sarchastic comments I got when I said how good the Cards really were.
    The Cards lost to the Eagles last year and could have easily lost yesterday. They're good, no doubt. Fourth best team in the league? I think that's a bit of a stretch, despite their record.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    But they didn't lose. This isn't college. Margin of victory doesn't mean anything.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NinersSBChamps For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (10-27-2014), thethe (10-27-2014)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,032 Posts
    So how about those Cardinals which I said were a good team?
    Yeah, and who I said would probably push the 49ers out of a playoff spot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Yeah, and who I said would probably push the 49ers out of a playoff spot.
    That certainly hasn't happened yet. 49ers are about to get a huge influx of talent back on their roster. Lets see where they are after the second game with Seattle.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    But they didn't lose. This isn't college. Margin of victory doesn't mean anything.
    But they lose last year. When they "could've won 4-5 other division."

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Cards are really good, if you wanna use injuries, look at them.

Have lost Dansby (FA), Dockett, Palmer (the Denver game is alot closer with him) Daryl Washington, Abraham, Calais Campbell missed 2 games (massively underrated), Mathieu missed the first few games.

Probably some others i'm missing as well.

Now that is some talent missing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    But they lose last year. When they "could've won 4-5 other division."
    Cards finish with at least 1 more win last year if they are in another division.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,032 Posts
    That certainly hasn't happened yet. 49ers are about to get a huge influx of talent back on their roster. Lets see where they are after the second game with Seattle.
    You're gonna need at least 9 wins to make the playoffs, and even that may not be enough. You got 3 "easy" wins left on the schedule and you still have to play Seattle twice. Could very easily go 8-8. Defense isn't the reason the 49ers have struggled so far, outside of the Denver game. I don't see getting a bunch of defensive guys back is going to help the offense out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    You're gonna need at least 9 wins to make the playoffs, and even that may not be enough. You got 3 "easy" wins left on the schedule and you still have to play Seattle twice. Could very easily go 8-8. Defense isn't the reason the 49ers have struggled so far, outside of the Denver game. I don't see getting a bunch of defensive guys back is going to help the offense out.
    The offensive line has been in flux for a majority of the season with Boone not getting a pre-season and the injuries to Davis/Iupait and now Kilgore.

The offensive line is the most important group in football and in general the offense hasn't been that much of a problem. THe defense didn't show up against the Cards against a third stringer and Boldins stupid penality cost us that game. The Bear game was a debacle for the whole team and with the injuries to the defense we weren't going to beat Denver.

Its not going to be easy to make the playoffs for sure but if they get there they will be as good as anyone. I don't think Seattle is as good as they were last year (at least for now). I think they should split those games. They will beat the Rams next week. Oakland/Giants/Washington are wins. With a healthy defense there is no reason why they can't beat both San Diego and Arizona at home.

I think people forget just how good ALdon Smith is.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    [QUOTE=thethe;162632]I mentioned that they were the 4th best team in football and I was laughed at by the usual suspects. They are now looking like it for sure along with the Broncos/Cowboys and well who knows anymore.[/

You should be laughed at. Luckboxing a win at home vs Philly and eating the Redskins doesnt make them the 4th best team.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    [QUOTE=gilesfan;162716]
    I mentioned that they were the 4th best team in football and I was laughed at by the usual suspects. They are now looking like it for sure along with the Broncos/Cowboys and well who knows anymore.[/

You should be laughed at. Luckboxing a win at home vs Philly and eating the Redskins doesnt make them the 4th best team.
    They beat SF/SD/Phi...Three really good teams. Right now the NFL is so watered down because of injury there aren't many good teams. By default they are at that level.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    SF and Sea almost always split.

Getting Aldon, Bowman, Willis, and some others back by then will help.

It will probably be a streetfight when they play as it always is, but no reason the two teams shouldnt split home/home as they have the last 2 years.

The Saints game will be tough, other than those 3, SF could win the rest of those games.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    It's hard to say who would be a better head coach. The usually suspects Cowher and Gruden are very comfortable on the set. Can't see either going anywhere anytime soon.

I could see somone handing Mike Gase (sp?) a head coach job. The biggest joke job in the league right now is being Denver's offensive coordinator.
    I don't think anyone is gonna hire Peyton away while he's still playing.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

15. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

NinersSBChamps (10-27-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,481 Posts
    Dorsey was a big blow to the team and would have been felt more if not for Ian Williams. Yet another reason why Baalke is one of the best in the business. To deny the type of year that Dorsey had last year is just being purposely stupid. Congratulations.

Again, your offensive lineman that you lost were average at best players. The 49ers have played many games without Anthony Davis this year as well as Iupati. Those two are by far better than anything you've lost.

Also, they lost Brock for a good portion of the season and he was one of the best CB's in the league last year.

Again, you are crying about average players. THe 49ers are losing actual good players.
    Dorsey isn't that good, hate to break it to you bud. He's the same player he was in KC, decent player who isn't a game changer. He played the role of fatty very well for them. If you lost Vince Wilfork then I'd say damn bro that sucks. But Glenn Dorsey isn't that good and maybe some dude coming off and being a beast, Ian Williams was an undrafted FA for a reason, because his skillset was being a fatty who's hard to move. Mother****er ran a 5.25 40. ALso remember that Glenn Dorsey was beat out by Ian Williams last year in camp. So in other words, if WIlliams didn't break his ankle last year, then you lost your backup NT.

Average at best is important when you're replacing them with someone who shouldn't be playing in the NFL. You can't lose the number of guys the Falcons lost and expect anything less than pure ****. They signed andstarted guys like twice this season. Of course losing Davis and Iupati sucks, but the Falcons also lost some games from Matthews, and Blalock. Falcons haven't had 1 OL play a fully healthy season this year. They had a game where their TE played RT. You cannot compare the crushing level of injuries that the Falcons have sustained on the OL to the Niners because the Niners lost better players. It's easier to replace one or 2 guys then it is to replace 5 or 7 guys.

Brock was great, but he's a product of the system. San Fran generates a great pass rush. Put Trufant on that team and you'd think he was Revis in his prime good. Culliver is effectively a bum in a team like Atlanta, but he looks good in SF cause they generate an excellent passrush.

Again, if you think Moore and Spoon are average, you're an idiot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,926 Posts
    Feel like this one gets ugly tonight...
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Dallas wins by 3 scores at least.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,032 Posts
    The offensive line has been in flux for a majority of the season with Boone not getting a pre-season and the injuries to Davis/Iupait and now Kilgore.

The offensive line is the most important group in football and in general the offense hasn't been that much of a problem. THe defense didn't show up against the Cards against a third stringer and Boldins stupid penality cost us that game. The Bear game was a debacle for the whole team and with the injuries to the defense we weren't going to beat Denver.

Its not going to be easy to make the playoffs for sure but if they get there they will be as good as anyone. I don't think Seattle is as good as they were last year (at least for now). I think they should split those games. They will beat the Rams next week. Oakland/Giants/Washington are wins. With a healthy defense there is no reason why they can't beat both San Diego and Arizona at home.

I think people forget just how good ALdon Smith is.
    Lol at the Giants being a should win. May be if you were at home and this was a terrible Giants team. Giants are every bit as likely to make the playoffs as the Niners. They have 4 tough games coming up. If they can win even 1 of those games, they have an incredibly easy schedule the rest of the way out.

Niners better hope they can win at least 4 of their next 6 games. Cause if they have to depend on 2 wins in their last 3 games to make it, they are gonna be SOL.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Bold prediction.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Lol at the Giants being a should win. May be if you were at home and this was a terrible Giants team. Giants are every bit as likely to make the playoffs as the Niners. They have 4 tough games coming up. If they can win even 1 of those games, they have an incredibly easy schedule the rest of the way out.

Niners better hope they can win at least 4 of their next 6 games. Cause if they have to depend on 2 wins in their last 3 games to make it, they are gonna be SOL.
    5 home games, 4 road games (at Saints, Sea hardest), should roll Oak, and at NYG is a tough one but hardly impossible to win.

Win all 5 at home, beat Oak/NYG, thats 11-5.

Which should be plenty to make the playoffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,481 Posts
    5 home wins aren't a given. They have the Seahawks, Chargers, and Cardinals at home still. They should obliterate the Redskins and beat the Rams.

The Niners can make the playoffs, they also could not. ANything is possible.