Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: MONDAY Minors Thread 5/14 ... What happens next? Gohara exits early!

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Not sure I agree it's that significant.

Did he tear up the gcl last year before being promoted?

Can't recall. Look it up later i guess
    I'm think he was pretty good in the GCL and then really bad in danville.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,156 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Chipper also said Alex Jackson was going to make an impact...right after not remembering his name. Being a HOF player doesn't automatically qualify someone to be a prospect evaluator.

So yeah, comparing Acuna to Andruw because the "ball sounds different coming off his bat", or "he just makes the game look easy" is as silly as comparing Soroka to Maddux because he "just knows how to hit his spots and change speeds".
    I know Chipper said Jackson has light tower power because I watching when he said it. I'm not sure what you mean by impact, but he's certainly having one at the moment.

Chipper also downplayed Alvie's readiness and I think indicated Swanson should have been given more time.

I agree being a player doesn't qualify you as an expert but chipper's job is in part to work with the kids and he and his father know something about talent and hitting.

Worth listening to anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,026 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Chipper also said Alex Jackson was going to make an impact...right after not remembering his name. Being a HOF player doesn't automatically qualify someone to be a prospect evaluator.

So yeah, comparing Acuna to Andruw because the "ball sounds different coming off his bat", or "he just makes the game look easy" is as silly as comparing Soroka to Maddux because he "just knows how to hit his spots and change speeds".
    Please tell me when I said it did or said you were wrong? You are so defensive over the stupidest sh*t. You can't even let people agree with you so you make up people comparing the two just so you can have something to b*tch about.

And how has Jackson not made an impact thus far where he his? And even if the comparison is absurd, I trust Chipper to evaluate players a whole lot more than I do Enscheff lol
    Last edited by zbhargrove; 05-16-2017 at 06:06 PM.