Page 60 of 389 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 7764

Thread: January 6th insurrection thread...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,545 Posts
    Pence stood tall that day, to his everlasting credit.

"I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Runnin (06-03-2021)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    Experts Call It A 'Clown Show' But Arizona 'Audit' Is A Disinformation Blueprint

The ongoing "audit" of the 2020 election results in Arizona is a simple exercise in how disinformation spreads and takes hold — and it's "a threat to the overall confidence of democracy," one expert says.

To Matt Masterson, the review of 2020 ballots from Maricopa County, Ariz., that's underway is "performance art" or "a clown show," and definitely "a waste of taxpayer money."

But it's not an audit.

"It's an audit in name only," says Masterson, a former Department of Homeland Security official who helped lead the federal government's election security preparations leading up to November's election. "It's a threat to the overall confidence of democracy, all in pursuit of continuing a narrative that we know to be a lie."

And, Masterson says, the strategy chosen by the Arizona's Republican state Senate leaders is working as intended to undermine confidence in the outcome of last year's vote.

The process is a simple exercise in how disinformation spreads and takes hold in 2021. And experts fear it presents a blueprint for other states and lawmakers to follow, one that is already showing signs of being emulated across the country.

"Now we have a playbook out there," said Masterson, who is currently a policy fellow with the Stanford Internet Observatory, "where if you don't like the results — by the way in an election that wasn't particularly close ... you just claim you didn't lose and in fact the process itself was rigged against you.”

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/03/10009...KwpMaJWUc-oSDw
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,065 Posts
    The GOP election lie is a giant scam that is backfiring. Although their core may be holding, it isn't growing, and the Dem's base is.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    The GOP election lie is a giant scam that is backfiring. Although their core may be holding, it isn't growing, and the Dem's base is.
    Where are the receipts on this?

As the democrats continue to scream don’t look at elections people are waking up. Hiring high profile defense attorneys for Fulton county is a bad bad bad look.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,545 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    malevolence tempered by incompetence
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Experts Call It A 'Clown Show' But Arizona 'Audit' Is A Disinformation Blueprint

The ongoing "audit" of the 2020 election results in Arizona is a simple exercise in how disinformation spreads and takes hold — and it's "a threat to the overall confidence of democracy," one expert says.

To Matt Masterson, the review of 2020 ballots from Maricopa County, Ariz., that's underway is "performance art" or "a clown show," and definitely "a waste of taxpayer money."

But it's not an audit.

"It's an audit in name only," says Masterson, a former Department of Homeland Security official who helped lead the federal government's election security preparations leading up to November's election. "It's a threat to the overall confidence of democracy, all in pursuit of continuing a narrative that we know to be a lie."

And, Masterson says, the strategy chosen by the Arizona's Republican state Senate leaders is working as intended to undermine confidence in the outcome of last year's vote.

The process is a simple exercise in how disinformation spreads and takes hold in 2021. And experts fear it presents a blueprint for other states and lawmakers to follow, one that is already showing signs of being emulated across the country.

"Now we have a playbook out there," said Masterson, who is currently a policy fellow with the Stanford Internet Observatory, "where if you don't like the results — by the way in an election that wasn't particularly close ... you just claim you didn't lose and in fact the process itself was rigged against you.”

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/03/10009...KwpMaJWUc-oSDw
    It's a pretty easy problem to solve. Just make all voting in person on a paper ballot with government issued voter ID, and require that ballots only be handled and counted in rooms with full video coverage and observed by monitors from all political parties or campaigns. No more concerns about hacking, no more computer problems making people stand in line for hours, no more concerns about illegal votes or magically found or lost ballots.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    It's a pretty easy problem to solve. Just make all voting in person on a paper ballot with government issued voter ID, and require that ballots only be handled and counted in rooms with full video coverage and observed by monitors from all political parties or campaigns. No more concerns about hacking, no more computer problems making people stand in line for hours, no more concerns about illegal votes or magically found or lost ballots.
    You’re well aware the Democrats would never support this so as a counter let them have whatever they want but every single election will go through a full forensic audit.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I would support this with a couple of caveats.

1) Ensure that there are enough voting sites throughout every community to make it as convenient as possible for all citizens to vote when they are able.
    2) Ensure that those voting sites are fully staffed and open 24/7 for several weeks so that people from all walks of life and lines of work can vote.
    3) Ensure that all American citizens receive a free government-issued ID- my preference would be for a voter ID to be issued from the jump just like a birth certificate, but if you'd rather send it to them when they turn 18 that is fine.
    4) Prevent election observers from actually watching people fill out their ballot or in any way interfering with or intimidating people who are trying to vote (or count votes).

I assume you would allow some mail-in voting for overseas absentee, military, disabled and elderly folks, etc.

Every eligible American voter should be able to cast their vote easily and for free.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    There isn’t a problem to solve though lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    I’m guessing after seeing this

We now know why they don’t want to look into the insurrection too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,752 Posts
    I remember this time 4 years ago Trumpocrats were crying that Democrats were trying to install Hillary Clinton despite no one believing that was in any way ever an option. Now they still dont understand there is nothing they could find that ends with a Trump Presidency. No matter what they need atleast half of Democrats to vote for removing Biden and then Kamala and even then Trump wouldnt be President.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Last edited by thethe; 06-06-2021 at 05:14 AM.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,752 Posts
    Yeah, I am sure they were so concerned Agent Orange was going to win California they cheated using 3k ballots. Cant get anything past Sherlock thethe.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Over 21k votes in Arizona made by people who can’t prove they are citizens or even exist. This doesn’t even have anything to do with the eh audit which is finding large issues.

How can you all be so blind?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    Knowing what we know, if the choice is complete and full
    a) investigation of 1/6
    b) audit of 2020 votes

Who blinks first ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,054 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Knowing what we know, if the choice is complete and full
    a) investigation of 1/6
    b) audit of 2020 votes

Who blinks first ?
    No way the Democrats give in to the audit stuff. There's already an ongoing investigation of 1/6 by the Justice Department that they can pile onto if necessary.

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    No way the Democrats give in to the audit stuff. There's already an ongoing investigation of 1/6 by the Justice Department that they can pile onto if necessary.
    How are we defining 'audit stuff' in this context? The current GOP definition of 'audit' is to conduct a review of the votes that either somehow determines Trump won the election or otherwise reinforces to their voters that elections are a scam. Other traditional forms of audit that are meant to reinforce voter confidence rather than degrade it- hand recounts by county and state elections officials, audits of election machines by certified firms, etc.- have already been conducted.