Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL at the Fast Food Strike

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,864 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Still asking, what would the negative effects of $50/hr be? Does a burger flipper deserve it? If not, why?

What SHOULD the minimum wage be, right now?

How much EXACTLY, should rich folks pay?

I always here "the min wage should be more" or "the rich should pay more"... But I never actually hear the proposed number... What is it?

They never like to give a number, because then they won't be able to argue to increase it 6 months later
    I'm sure one of the liberals on here screaming about this (fist shakers, I believe is the term) has some sort of an answer to this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    What % of taxes are paid by the wealthy, again?
    This is such a dumb argument, and I'm not surprised it's you that's presenting it.
    It's like saying "California has a larger percent of the total people in jail in America than Rhode Island does." Well yeah, there's a **** ton more people in California.
    Why don't you discuss the percentage of total income the middle-class pays compared to the percentage wealthy pay? Wealthy people have far easier access to capital gains, which are taxed less heavily, therefore allowing them to pay a lower percent. They hide money to ensure it isn't taxed. This stuff isn't new.

It's hilarious to me that middle-class people defend the wealthy and their sometimes slimy practices for expanding their wealth. They would steal $100 from you the same way a bum would, but would do it in a "legal" way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    What has the democratic congress and democratic President done for the wealth distribution gap in this country? Other than expand it?
    Well, allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire was nice.
    I'm not sure what your point is. No one is talking about democrats vs. republicans.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    the rich have it so rough

it is a shame they barely get by here

can't believe they have stayed here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    You're a freakin moron. Why shouldn't a burger flipper get $50? Because it's common sense, and no one is so stupid to suggest it. No, they don't deserve to be paid more than nurses who went to school, accountants, etc etc etc. What is the point of your continuous stupid freakin examples? All you're doing is making yourself look idiotic by bringing them in to play.
    I think Ron would read your arguments and laugh at you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to yeezus For This Useful Post:

goldfly (12-12-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Now, if you want to raise their wage to $50 while increasing other low-income and middle-class wages to scale, I'd listen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,864 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    This is such a dumb argument, and I'm not surprised it's you that's presenting it.
    It's like saying "California has a larger percent of the total people in jail in America than Rhode Island does." Well yeah, there's a **** ton more people in California.
    Why don't you discuss the percentage of total income the middle-class pays compared to the percentage wealthy pay? Wealthy people have far easier access to capital gains, which are taxed less heavily, therefore allowing them to pay a lower percent. They hide money to ensure it isn't taxed. This stuff isn't new.

It's hilarious to me that middle-class people defend the wealthy and their sometimes slimy practices for expanding their wealth. They would steal $100 from you the same way a bum would, but would do it in a "legal" way.
    Sorry... I guess I wasn't clear. What % of taxes are paid by the wealthy?

And to your point about % of their total income, don't we tax rich people at a higher % on income tax?

Oh, I see. YOu want to raise capital gains tax too. What a surprise. MAKE THEM PAY MORE!!! Wahhhhhhh

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    ftr

i believe wages from the top should come down some

wages from the bottom to come up to at least keep up with inflation

this would also put peoples taxes closer to each other and would be "less discrimination against the rich"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,864 Posts
    You're a freakin moron. Why shouldn't a burger flipper get $50? Because it's common sense, and no one is so stupid to suggest it. No, they don't deserve to be paid more than nurses who went to school, accountants, etc etc etc. What is the point of your continuous stupid freakin examples? All you're doing is making yourself look idiotic by bringing them in to play.
    I think Ron would read your arguments and laugh at you.
    Who are you to say they don't deserve more than the nurse? 57 told me that the guy who sweeps the lobby is just as valuable as the guy who sells the cars.

You're missing the point of the question. It is a serious question anot not a gotcha question. I'm asking you what would be the negatives of paying a min wage worker $50 an hour?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,864 Posts
    By the way yeezus, you're really kind of a dick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,864 Posts
    I look forward to the day when the minimum wage is increased and thousands of employees are fired. Progress!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,864 Posts
    Just so my question is clear, can someone tell me, using economic logic, why a $50/hr minimum wage is a bad idea?

*Not looking for "dumb example" or "doesn't make sense"

Just a simple explanation on why $50 an hour would be a poor economic decision

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,864 Posts
    I'll ask again... If it's already hard to find a job (it is), don't you think raising the min wage would make it harder?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,864 Posts

By the way. The rich don't pay most of the taxes. They pay ALL of the taxes. If you want that to increase, you're simply asking for more tax revenue (surprise surpise). I guess our government spending just isn't enough for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Who are you to say they don't deserve more than the nurse? 57 told me that the guy who sweeps the lobby is just as valuable as the guy who sells the cars.

You're missing the point of the question. It is a serious question anot not a gotcha question. I'm asking you what would be the negatives of paying a min wage worker $50 an hour?
    I'm only a dick to those who severely lack common sense. Again, Ron would not like someone like you attached to his name.
    No one is debating the fact that a burger flipper is an unskilled job. If your question was valid and had a point, it would be worth answering. Honestly, it's just stupid. The burger flipper would gross over 100K/year. Do you need me to explain why a skilled, scholastically trained person should earn more than a mcdonald's employee? Your silly example has no point, or not one that you've revealed. It's just stupid. That's it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    I'll ask again... If it's already hard to find a job (it is), don't you think raising the min wage would make it harder?
    Would you McDonald's close down because minimum wage was raised?
    The company would still need its employees. It's not like it currently has a bunch of extra people employed just for fun. They work with basically the minimum needed as it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    I look forward to the day when the minimum wage is increased and thousands of employees are fired. Progress!
    You look forward to things like that?
    You're an asshat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    By the way. The rich don't pay most of the taxes. They pay ALL of the taxes. If you want that to increase, you're simply asking for more tax revenue (surprise surpise). I guess our government spending just isn't enough for you.
    Soooo they pay all the taxes? You don't pay any taxes? Or are you considered "rich" compared to those in poverty?
    When millionaires are paying 15-20% of their income on taxes while middle-class people are paying 30%+, there's a problem.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to yeezus For This Useful Post:

goldfly (12-13-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    See what happens when the rich aren't greedy as all hell?
    What stopped this guy from looking at the situation this community was in and saying "meh, work harder and you'll be fine"?
    He had compassion and resources, so he improved the life of every member of that community, and has made a literally eternal impact on that place.
    He also came from humble beginning and worked his way up. He could say "I did it, why can't you?"
    But no, he says he was lucky! Not "I'm better and harder-working than these people" but lucky.
    It's a shame more millionaires won't take this stance on things.
    If more rich people would have the mindset Mr. Rosen had, a lot of problems could be fixed. Shame most of them just look for ways to put more money in their pockets, as if they need it the most.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    I'm only a dick to those who severely lack common sense.
    I always wondered why you were always so overly nice to me. This explains it.
    thank you weso1!

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

57Brave (12-12-2013), CK86 (12-12-2013), jpx7 (12-13-2013)