Page 813 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 313713763803811812813814815823863913 ... LastLast
Results 16,241 to 16,260 of 23004

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    I am surprised Hardy has laid some hits on Brady since he isn't a female.
    +1

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    +1
    Prove it. Please. :)

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,877 Posts
    When am I going to learn? Never ever get excited about a Cowboys season.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Cousins played pretty well again today. Neither interception was his fault. Tough way to lose if you are Washington.
    Wtf? He was terrible today (decent overall for the year). You lose any credibility with that. If he played like an average QB, we probably win easily.

The first int was a badly thrown ball way behind WR. The second one may have beem picked either way.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Quite the unexpected defensive duel in Atlanta. I have been really impressed with Washington's front seven. Kudos to Scott M.
    Yeah he really added a lot of talent to the DL. I thought we would struggle on the road due to depleted secondary, but defense played well.

I have no idea how we slowed the passing game down besides occasional pressure. Down 3 corners and starting safety. One starter was out third corner and Blackmon was just signed off street. Our nickel back was a 6th round safey draft pick and he occasionally played man vs Julio.

I thought skins would be awful this year but if they can get Reed, Dsean, and Culliver healthy, they may battle .500 or better. Need to get running game going better, they couldnt run today.

Scot had a great draft, you could see it today. Starting RG, slot WR (crowder), nickel corner (really a safety). OLB that will start soon.

I love watching Freeman run.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Cousins can be the Andy Dalton of the NFC. Rely on good defense and run the ball. Complete short passes and do well on your 3rd and 4s.

In no way did he play well today, he was terrible. Garcon was diving all over the place trying to catch errand passes. (And Im far from a Garcon fan) Hes inconsistent as hell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,877 Posts
    And of course, when I pull for the Niners, they can't come through

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    And of course, when I pull for the Niners, they can't come through
    Just let it go dude, if Garrett wanted to win he'd at least give Cassell a chance. He's no prize either, but Weeden has zero confidence from the coaches (judging by the routes they let him throw to) and I think they have infinitely more confidence in him than he does in himself. We're screwed, at least until Romo comes back and then it may be too late.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Cousins can be the Andy Dalton of the NFC. Rely on good defense and run the ball. Complete short passes and do well on your 3rd and 4s.

In no way did he play well today, he was terrible. Garcon was diving all over the place trying to catch errand passes. (And Im far from a Garcon fan) Hes inconsistent as hell.
    Hey Giles, congrats to you guys on having a really good defense up there. I was impressed during the off season at the additions they made and they are really starting to play very well together. I know the offense isn't working out all that well but hey being a Cowboys fan I can't throw any rocks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,877 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Just let it go dude, if Garrett wanted to win he'd at least give Cassell a chance. He's no prize either, but Weeden has zero confidence from the coaches (judging by the routes they let him throw to) and I think they have infinitely more confidence in him than he does in himself. We're screwed, at least until Romo comes back and then it may be too late.
    Garrett has got to play Cassell after the bye week. At least he won a few games in New England when Brady was hurt that season. There is a reason Weeden has zero NFL wins. He's not a good NFL quarterback. He's not even half-decent. He is a bad quarterback. When the Browns let you go, that should tell you something. I mean, come on. Dallas had the worst backup QB situation going into this season, and here it is, biting the team in the backside. No matter what happens the rest of the way, the Cowboys will have to address that. Both in upgrading the backup QB and preparing for life after Romo. Whether it be in the draft, or bringing someone else in, or both. I have had a feeling, and still do, the RGIII will be a Cowboy next season as Romo's backup. We'll see if that feeling comes true or not.

Another mistake was not drafting a RB this year. I understand letting Murray go, with the contract he got from Philly. That now, is biting the Cowboys. Dunbar is out, Randle hasn't shown he can be a premier back, and McFadden is towards the end of his career. Not a good thing, to be sure.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Hey Giles, congrats to you guys on having a really good defense up there. I was impressed during the off season at the additions they made and they are really starting to play very well together. I know the offense isn't working out all that well but hey being a Cowboys fan I can't throw any rocks.
    Yeah. Change system, new coach, good draft picks. I thought defense would be ok but they've been almost lights out. Impressive with the amount of injuries to the secondary.

I will say you and crimson are rare good cowboys fans. Theyve played bette rthan I thought without romo and Bryant. The pass rush is killer. If romo comes back in time, you guys will be fine. Still cant believe you let Garret hang around. Probably because hes a yes man.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    Garrett has got to play Cassell after the bye week. At least he won a few games in New England when Brady was hurt that season. There is a reason Weeden has zero NFL wins. He's not a good NFL quarterback. He's not even half-decent. He is a bad quarterback. When the Browns let you go, that should tell you something. I mean, come on. Dallas had the worst backup QB situation going into this season, and here it is, biting the team in the backside. No matter what happens the rest of the way, the Cowboys will have to address that. Both in upgrading the backup QB and preparing for life after Romo. Whether it be in the draft, or bringing someone else in, or both. I have had a feeling, and still do, the RGIII will be a Cowboy next season as Romo's backup. We'll see if that feeling comes true or not.

Another mistake was not drafting a RB this year. I understand letting Murray go, with the contract he got from Philly. That now, is biting the Cowboys. Dunbar is out, Randle hasn't shown he can be a premier back, and McFadden is towards the end of his career. Not a good thing, to be sure.
    The guys from Seattle is talented. Who says no to a 4th for RG? Lol

cant believe you havent drafted a QB. Even throughtout Bradys time NE has drafted QBs. Its such an important position it makes sense to spend a 4th and see if you can get a backup QB for cheap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,877 Posts

cant believe you havent drafted a QB. Even throughtout Bradys time NE has drafted QBs. Its such an important position it makes sense to spend a 4th and see if you can get a backup QB for cheap.
    Like I said, Dallas has to do it soon. Romo isn't young. He's getting up there in years and the Cowboys have to think about life after him. Especially since other teams are going to have to do the same since their QB's are getting older now, so how many QB's are available? Denver will have to do the same with Manning. Cardinals with Palmer. Just a couple of examples.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,333 Posts
    Yeah he really added a lot of talent to the DL. I thought we would struggle on the road due to depleted secondary, but defense played well.

I have no idea how we slowed the passing game down besides occasional pressure. Down 3 corners and starting safety. One starter was out third corner and Blackmon was just signed off street. Our nickel back was a 6th round safey draft pick and he occasionally played man vs Julio.

I thought skins would be awful this year but if they can get Reed, Dsean, and Culliver healthy, they may battle .500 or better. Need to get running game going better, they couldnt run today.

Scot had a great draft, you could see it today. Starting RG, slot WR (crowder), nickel corner (really a safety). OLB that will start soon.

Julio looked hurt today which might explain why he wasn't much of a factor. Falcons receiving corps begin to thin quickly after Julio. That partially explains the containment the R's had on the passing game. The other part being due to a really strong pass rush.

The R's have an okay shot in the NFC East.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,931 Posts
    Julio looked hurt today which might explain why he wasn't much of a factor. Falcons receiving corps begin to thin quickly after Julio. That partially explains the containment the R's had on the passing game. The other part being due to a really strong pass rush.

The R's have an okay shot in the NFC East.
    Pretty clear Julio was injured. There was a blurb on Saturday I think that said he was more doubtful that probable after his hamstring tightened up on him. His style has him continually battling nagging stuff, but I think this was a bit more than just a nagging thing.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,931 Posts
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...far-this-year/

PFF has Bortles in the top 10. Always liked his game but his cast is getting better.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,931 Posts

Good luck with that. Anything you get from Reed from here on out should be considered pure gravy. He could be out of the league with another concussion.

Did Brooks Reed beef up our run D that much or was it an off night? I really thought Washington running for 150+ was going to be what we saw, but the run just wasn't there.
    Ivermectin Man

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Good luck with that. Anything you get from Reed from here on out should be considered pure gravy. He could be out of the league with another concussion.

Did Brooks Reed beef up our run D that much or was it an off night? I really thought Washington running for 150+ was going to be what we saw, but the run just wasn't there.
    Our offensive line hasn't been run blocking well bc of an injury at LG and a terrible center.

Plus, didn't really have to worry about the deep threat at WR. Trufant on Garcon and just let Crowder beat you.
    Last edited by gilesfan; 10-12-2015 at 03:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,931 Posts
    Never liked Rivers.
    Ivermectin Man

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,483 Posts