Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Freeman Trade Speculation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    Now that the industry's most prominent national writer has published a report that the Braves are shopping Freeman (and everyone making money), we'll surely get a response from the FO in the next 24 hours through one or more of the local beat writers. The content of that response should be telling. I'm not expecting it to be much different than the talking points on Kimbrel and Gattis. We'll see.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    No way we're going to choke in the battle for number one overall pick THIS time.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

GovClintonTyree (11-15-2015), jpx7 (11-16-2015), Metaphysicist (11-18-2015)

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Considering the fact that Dombrowski apparently intends to hang onto most of the rest of the prospects in Boston, there's apparently only one team that's a "fit" for Freeman IMO, and that's Houston (and he makes almost as much sense there as he does in Pittsburgh if not even more). I shudder when typing it, but if Luhnow calls Coppy and offers A. J. Reed and J. D. Davis, I think you have to rip his arm off.
    Agreed, the Astros are the one team that I think that makes good sense for both teams to do a Freddie trade. If we move Freddie we have to get at least one solid potential power bat back in return, and Astros would be a perfect fit there as most of their top prospects are bats. I'd actually probably see if we could move the Astros Freddie and Julio and get a package centered around Reed and Bregman/Davis. It would have us sitting pretty starting in late 2017, as much as it would pain those hoping to see us compete in 2016 and 2017.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts
    DOB tweeted people he talked to said there had been zero talks with teams about trading Freeman. Same people that admitted to shopping Simmons.

Edit: DOB: @DOBrienAJC: I asked again, was told they've had no talks with any team re:Freeman. Didn't deny when talking to teams abt Simmons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    DOB tweeted people he talked to said there had been zero talks with teams about trading Freeman. Same people that admitted to shopping Simmons.

Edit: DOB: @DOBrienAJC: I asked again, was told they've had no talks with any team re:Freeman. Didn't deny when talking to teams abt Simmons
    Damn. Was looking forward to breaking the hunger strike.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts
    @DOBrienAJC: I asked again about Freeman and Teheran, was told no talks and no intentions to move either of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts
    @DOBrienAJC: I asked again about Freeman and Teheran, was told no talks and no intentions to move either of them.
    Interesting that this was in response to this tweet:

"@Brave_Chief: @DOBrienAJC just read Ken Rosenthal said braves shopping Freeman Teheran markakis and Maybin. True?"

Don't know if DOB asked only about Freeman and Teheran or if those were the only ones DOB was at liberty to discuss. Trading Maybin is a no brainier. Markakis is interesting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    That was quick. Same type of response given previously on Kimbrel and Gattis. Seems clear they have at least some openness to move Freeman.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I really don't know what to make of this team right now. I get it, but at the same time I don't.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-16-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    563 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    And Hart and Coppy will deserve every bit of it and should be fired immediately when Freeman beats us in the 2018 NLCS.
    2018?

Dude, anything that we have is at least 4-5 years minimum to being ready. All these MFers want to mimic the Royals but seem to forget the royals drafted their star players.

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    The goal of every team should be to have a great farm system. That is what matters in this sport
    "Winning Baseball Philosophy"

by Chuck LaMar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    No way we're going to choke in the battle for number one overall pick THIS time.
    We're number one
    We're number one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsebe10 View Post
    2018?

Dude, anything that we have is at least 4-5 years minimum to being ready. All these MFers want to mimic the Royals but seem to forget the royals drafted their star players.
    We're not competing in 4-5 years.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GovClintonTyree For This Useful Post:

emk418 (11-15-2015)

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    No one should be following any of the Braves' beat writers. All they are, are the mouthpieces for the FO and sunshine pumpers. If they say that the Braves aren't shopping someone then the Braves very clearly are. Freeman will be gone within the next 72 hours for far less than he is worth.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EstebanBugatti For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (11-16-2015), GovClintonTyree (11-15-2015), Hawk (11-15-2015), jpx7 (11-16-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts
    @DOBrienAJC: #Braves Coppolella when asked just now specifically about new Freeman rumor: "We have not had any trade discussions on Freddie Freeman."

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    211 Posts
    Freeman needs to be off limits same with Teheran unless we are completely blown away. We should however be looking to spin of Markakis.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I really don't know what to make of this team right now. I get it, but at the same time I don't.
    Nothing to get. They gave a green young mathematician the keys to the car and he's hell-bent on making a name for himself by being "bold." Actually, I think the right descriptor is "stupid."

I've not been around much, this after being a fairly ardent Braves fan over the last forty years. My mom showed me a picture of me swinging a bat as about a 10-year old wearing a script "A" Atlanta hat. Never have I seen a team so stupidly dismantled.

And I don't care. I realized it more with each passing trade.

The game is in my blood, but maybe this team isn't. For the first time in my life I don't live in the south and I have options. By the time they contend again Coppy will be fired, Hart retired, Schuerholz in the ground and I'll be a full-on Mariners fan.

They sure played fast and loose with people's allegiances. They can spin it any way they want, but I don't believe a word they say at this point. Rosenthal says they're dealing Freeman and their stooge says his sources say they're not. I believe Rosenthal, 100%.

How can one believe otherwise? Rosenthal has three separate organizations saying the Braves are now pimping Freeman. After they've so stupidly husbanded resources for the last year, how can they even try to lie with a straight face?

Frank Wren might have been an asshole, but he knew how to build a team and how to win. The elderly Johns ought to be fired for gross negligence and reckless behavior and for ceding control to a snot-nosed punk who doesn't know how to wipe his ass right.

Do it, Coppy. Bring in four more pitching prospects for Freeman and Teheran and a couple "D" relievers for Markakis and Maybin. Tear the whole thing down, you ****ing moron.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GovClintonTyree For This Useful Post:

Metaphysicist (11-18-2015), Prikichi (11-15-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    @DOBrienAJC: #Braves Coppolella when asked just now specifically about new Freeman rumor: "We have not had any trade discussions on Freddie Freeman."
    Just texts, right, you little prick?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emk418 View Post
    Freeman needs to be off limits same with Teheran unless we are completely blown away. We should however be looking to spin of Markakis.
    C'mon, emk. Don't be naive.

They're going to let this little punk steer this spaceship straight into the center of the sun.

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GovClintonTyree View Post
    Just texts, right, you little prick?
    He has been GM all of two months. Lighten up, and cool it with the name calling. If you can't make your point without stooping that low, then you need to head back to Scout.