Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chick-fil-A Giving Free Food to Stranded Motorists

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Could I make the same argument that person a is a bigot since he wants person b to pay more taxes, simply as a result of person b having more money?
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Sorry - forgot that doesn't fit your narrative

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Could I make the same argument that person a is a bigot since he wants person b to pay more taxes, simply as a result of person b having more money?
    If you feel that's a necessary and germane distinction to make, then sure. If you want to say that I'm guilty of a bigotry with respect to the very rich, then I won't deny it.

Those very rich are lucky, though: they've rigged a nice little system wherein I lack any real means to manifest that bigotry as active discrimination.
    Last edited by jpx7; 01-30-2014 at 01:56 PM.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Sorry - forgot that doesn't fit your narrative
    It doesn't fit any narrative. It's just a moronic statement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    It doesn't fit any narrative. It's just a moronic statement.
    Why?

jpx just agreed himself

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Bottomline if you don't like their stance and what they do, then don't buy their food. Vote with your dollar not with your whining about their beliefs.

Just like Duck Dynasty, if you don't like their values, then don't watch their show. They seen a little decline but still a very strong show according to ratings.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AerchAngel For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (01-31-2014), Dalyn (01-30-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Why?

jpx just agreed himself
    He didn't agree. He was acquiescing more than anything else to prove your core point is dumb anyway.

A progressive tax has nothing to do with hating the rich, neither does a flat tax have to do with hating the poor. Stop being obtuse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    And disagreeing with a lifestyle isn't hating the ***s

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (01-31-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    And disagreeing with a lifestyle isn't hating the ***s
    Jeez you're dense. Ignoring campaigning against *** marriage which is a civil rights battle and bigotted (think of it like interracial marriage if you will)

Even ignoring that one of the charity they donated too

Exodus International Promotes “Ex-***” Therapy. Exodus International is a major promoter of “ex-***” therapy, the practice of trying to change a person’s sexual orientation from *** to straight. The organization refers to being LGBT as “perverse” and a form of “sexual brokenness.” [Truth Wins Out, accessed 6/27/12]

Is that not bigoted? Seriously?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Bottomline if you don't like their stance and what they do, then don't buy their food. Vote with your dollar not with your whining about their beliefs.

Just like Duck Dynasty, if you don't like their values, then don't watch their show. They seen a little decline but still a very strong show according to ratings.
    You are right about that, pretty much. I am not sure about the whining part, and I am not sure it is fair to say people were whining about their beliefs as much as about their practices (which is often separate in business). I am also not sure the right answer is ever to sit back and shut up, regardless of what side you are on. If you stand for something, stand for it--and face the consequences. There are, however, times when silence says far more than words. People just need to be sure it says what they want it to say. It never hurts to ask yourself (universal you, not you personally :) ) what your silence is saying about you. And it certainly goes both ways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    You are right about that, pretty much. I am not sure about the whining part, and I am not sure it is fair to say people were whining about their beliefs as much as about their practices (which is often separate in business). I am also not sure the right answer is ever to sit back and shut up, regardless of what side you are on. If you stand for something, stand for it--and face the consequences. There are, however, times when silence says far more than words. People just need to be sure it says what they want it to say. It never hurts to ask yourself (universal you, not you personally :) ) what your silence is saying about you. And it certainly goes both ways.
    I see what you are saying and that is how I answer these "criticisms" of establishments who are within their rights to do what they want how they want within our laws. What bugs me is that people whine about their personal beliefs because it does not conform to theirs. Everyone knows me that I don't give a rats ass if I hurt your feelings or don't like my beliefs and that I should be a sheep like them and take up their mantle, f*ck that and them. They do not tell what I should believe in. If I don't like an institution or their stance or whatever, I am not going to cry, bitch and moan that they jilted me, f*ck them. I don't need them but they "NEED" me to believe and accept them. Ain't happening and never will happen. Keep pushing me, I will push back harder. I am not a damn robot but an individual with my own opinions and beliefs and I will never force anyone to believe or accept my views. It is mine and mine only.

This is why I get along with you. You NEVER try to change me or make me accept what your beliefs are and vice versa. This is why I respect you, some on here I don't. They want you to believe they are right and I am wrong. There are no right and wrongs, it is all about opinions and some people don't share them, plain and simple and they should leave it at that.

Another thing, every freaking human on this damn earth is a bigot in some shape or faction, it is in our DNA. No one and never will be anyone without it. Live with it, quit forcing people to agree with our opinions because all it does is piss people off more and that goes with Duck Dynasty/Chik Fil A antagonists. They ain't changing so deal with it and quit bitching and moaning about it.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AerchAngel For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (01-30-2014), Tapate50 (01-30-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Jeez you're dense. Ignoring campaigning against *** marriage which is a civil rights battle and bigotted (think of it like interracial marriage if you will)

Even ignoring that one of the charity they donated too

Exodus International Promotes “Ex-***” Therapy. Exodus International is a major promoter of “ex-***” therapy, the practice of trying to change a person’s sexual orientation from *** to straight. The organization refers to being LGBT as “perverse” and a form of “sexual brokenness.” [Truth Wins Out, accessed 6/27/12]

Is that not bigoted? Seriously?
    u mad?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    There are no right and wrongs, it is all about opinions and some people don't share them, plain and simple and they should leave it at that.
    Very true, I think, though again I feel one should allow room for a visceral response (both ways). And I personally draw the line when it comes to legislation. BECAUSE I feel like you said, that there are no true right and wrongs, I strongly oppose creating laws around what certain people feel is right or wrong.

And I also think you are right about your bigot comment. It is another reason why we should not allow our personal opinion of right and wrong to find its way into our legislation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    u mad?
    I wouldn't say that.

I would say, who gives a f*ck, really. Their business, their opinions, don't like it, don't eat their food or promote their business. Vote with your pocket, not with "Oh noez, they are hurting my feelings and beliefs, I am going on the internet and vent, waaah!"

I should whine about the NAACP and their ways of not backing me and my rage against the machine, but I know what kind of schitty organization they are. If they aren't making money or headlines off/with you, you are just another n-bomb they will ignore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    I just wish that Chick-fil-a was getting the same type of press coverage for this good deed that they got from their founder's comments on *** marriage.

Oh well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    I just wish that Chick-fil-a was getting the same type of press coverage for this good deed that they got from their founder's comments on *** marriage.

Oh well

When does the positive ever get as much attention as the negative?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (01-31-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts

Oh well
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAH!!!

Selective journalism. If you are not part of the Machine, to promote their opinions, you are nothing to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    When does the positive ever get as much attention as the negative?
    I suppose never. But I was always astounded at the national chick-fil-a "boycott" all because of a few comments that had nothing to do with the business...

It actually kind of amazes me how (for lack of a better word) dumb the left gets on political correctness. The right has their own issues. But I get particularly annoyed with the political correctness in this country, which is largely driven from the left

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I suppose never. But I was always astounded at the national chick-fil-a "boycott" all because of a few comments that had nothing to do with the business...

It actually kind of amazes me how (for lack of a better word) dumb the left gets on political correctness. The right has their own issues. But I get particularly annoyed with the political correctness in this country, which is largely driven from the left
    Just like the hicks from the swamp, how did the boycott/suspension go? Basically it was laughed at. The left wanted to punish them so badly because of nonconformity and failed, which lead to a WTF moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts

It wasn't about comments. Come on...

But I agree about political correctness.