Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chick-fil-A Giving Free Food to Stranded Motorists

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Just like the hicks from the swamp, how did the boycott/suspension go? Basically it was laughed at. The left wanted to punish them so badly because of nonconformity and failed, which lead to a WTF moment.
    Not sure that is accurate. They lost something like 3 million viewers.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    It wasn't about comments. Come on...

But I agree about political correctness.
    Dalyn, the left will never agree to let both parties voice their opinions. It is their way or the highway and they will use any means necessary to stomp any opinion or belief you have that is not their own. At least those on the Right let you voice your opinion on top of trying to exploit you for your opinion. It is better for business for them . Stifling an opinion does not net you money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Dalyn, the left will never agree to let both parties voice their opinions. It is their way or the highway and they will use any means necessary to stomp any opinion or belief you have that is not their own. At least those on the Right let you voice your opinion on top of trying to exploit you for your opinion. It is better for business for them . Stifling an opinion does not net you money.
    I can't see the appeal of either side now that they've both decided to hunker in their respective far corners and fling **** at each other. And, in fairness to the left, the right has no room for those who disagree with them, either. If you are in the middle of the ring trying to fight the good fight, you are in the wrong arena (as far as both sides are concerned).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Not sure that is accurate. They lost something like 3 million viewers.
    Not many considering what they were pulling.

Like I said, GLAAD wanted them completely shut down and for A&E off the air. If they remain, it is win for those who share their opinions and the left have to respect people opinions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I can't see the appeal of either side now that they've both decided to hunker in their respective far corners and fling **** at each other. And, in fairness to the left, the right has no room for those who disagree with them, either. If you are in the middle of the ring trying to fight the good fight, you are in the wrong arena (as far as both sides are concerned).

That is why I take shots at both sides. I think they both stink to high heaven, one exploits the other subjugates.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    That is why I take shots at both sides. I think they both stink to high heaven, one exploits the other subjugates.

Yeah but the right just disagrees with you. The left tries to kick you off tv, calls sponsors associated with you, calls you racists and bigots in public, vilifies you ever chance they get if you dare disagree with them

You're against *** marriage? You must hate homosexuals
    You think Zimmerman is innocent? You must hate black people
    The right doesn't go to that extreme

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    krgrecw,

You are right. I can't find anything that the right have done to even come close to what you stated. Not even close.

The left love to label people and vilify is correct.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Both sides go to extremes on a regular basis. To claim otherwise is extreme.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Both sides go to extremes on a regular basis. To claim otherwise is extreme.
    In public, in the news, can you find anything that the Right on TV done to try and put someone out of business because of their beliefs on the scale of the Hicks of Lousianna or a franchise like Chik Fil A?

Another thing, who has the Right vilify (President notwithstanding but he deserves it) that is national news. The Right only cares about the pocket books not sending out gestapos to vilify anyone. If it doesn't make a profit, they don't care.

No one watches Faux News or listen to them on the radio. That is the only place I can think of to exploit anything the left has done wrong.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    In public, in the news, can you find anything that the Right on TV done to try and put someone out of business because of their beliefs on the scale of the Hicks of Lousianna or a franchise like Chik Fil A?

Another thing, who has the Right vilify (President notwithstanding but he deserves it) that is national news. The Right only cares about the pocket books not sending out gestapos to vilify anyone. If it doesn't make a profit, they don't care.

No one watches Faux News or listen to them on the radio. That is the only place I can think of to exploit anything the left has done wrong.
    I have no larger point to make, but you're just comically wrong here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts

Yes.

For the last decade+, anyone not religious. Among many others. If it isn't national news, ask yourself WHY it isn't.

Since the right became the religious party, both sides have gone completely nuts. They hate and vilify anyone who disagrees with them. It is disgusting, and I find it hard to believe that you can't see that. It happens all the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I have no larger point to make, but you're just comically wrong here.
    Prove it.

Who has the RIght on TV vilified for their beliefs outside of one of the worst presidents we ever had in hour history, especially in the lying and not fulfilling promises degree.

Who has the Right on TV told people not to watch this show or cancel it or not buy their food because of what they think is right, unlike the Left.

Proof or be quiet and say nothing.

I want proof.

Only those who worship the Left have a very hard time finding proof to dispel their deeds of forcing people to their wishes.

The Right doesn't care, they want more money more power. They will exploit that, but vilify, naah, no money in it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Yes.

For the last decade+, anyone not religious. Among many others. If it isn't national news, ask yourself WHY it isn't.

Since the right became the religious party, both sides have gone completely nuts. They hate and vilify anyone who disagrees with them. It is disgusting, and I find it hard to believe that you can't see that. It happens all the time.
    If you hate something, wouldn't you try to vilify them? If you hate something do you want to harm them?

Has the Right done that? Think about it.

Has the Left show their hate by trying to force a company to stop their business. Has the Left try to get a TV show cancel because they believe their way is the right way?

Think about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Prove it.

Who has the RIght on TV vilified for their beliefs outside of one of the worst presidents we ever had in hour history, especially in the lying and not fulfilling promises degree.

Who has the Right on TV told people not to watch this show or cancel it or not buy their food because of what they think is right, unlike the Left.

Proof or be quiet and say nothing.

I want proof.

Only those who worship the Left have a very hard time finding proof to dispel their deeds of forcing people to their wishes.

The Right doesn't care, they want more money more power. They will exploit that, but vilify, naah, no money in it.
    There is money in getting elected and their religious base demands that they vilify "sinners" in order to get their vote and they do it on a regular basis.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I have a problem with the Left and it is big issue.

They do not respect peoples opinions. They want it to be their way or else and that else means they want to destroy you.

The right I have problems with as well. THey want to exploit you, make money off you the best way they can, but they will not try to destroy you.

yes, they have religious idiots, but they do not want to destroy you. They will point fingers at you, but do not want you to lose your job or your show over their beliefs.

You see there is a big difference. Left DESTROY YOU. Right POINT FINGERS AND SHAKE THEIR HEAD at you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    There is money in getting elected and their religious base demands that they vilify "sinners" in order to get their vote and they do it on a regular basis.
    come on my brother that is weak. That happens on both sides.

GLAAD and Unions has been exploiting that for decades. They outnumber the religious nutjobs by scores.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    I have a problem with the Left and it is big issue.

They do not respect peoples opinions. They want it to be their way or else and that else means they want to destroy you.

The right I have problems with as well. THey want to exploit you, make money off you the best way they can, but they will not try to destroy you.

yes, they have religious idiots, but they do not want to destroy you. They will point fingers at you, but do not want you to lose your job or your show over their beliefs.

You see there is a big difference. Left DESTROY YOU. Right POINT FINGERS AND SHAKE THEIR HEAD at you.

All I can say is that, for whatever reason, you have a blind spot in regards to the right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Has anyone on hte Right tried to get a TV Show canceled.

Has anyone on the RIght tried to get a franchise shutdown.

Has anyone on the RIght try to shut down many business because of PETA, Global Warming or Gun manufacturers.

The Right has admitted trying to CHANGE Planned Parenthood policies but not shut it down. That is the worst I can think of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    come on my brother that is weak. That happens on both sides.

GLAAD and Unions has been exploiting that for decades. They outnumber the religious nutjobs by scores.
    No. No, they don't. The religious in this country outnumber any other group, and it is not even close. And of course it happens on both sides, that is my point. You said they don't vilify because they are about profit, and I was just pointing out that for the last decade+ it has been extremely profitable to vilify anyone who is not religious--and Christian in particular.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    All I can say is that, for whatever reason, you have a blind spot in regards to the right.
    Like what?

Give me a bone or proof man. Sheesh.

There is none. I have yet to see the Right forcibly trying to cancel a TV show or shut down a resturant due to their beliefs.

If you can prove otherwise, I like to hear it.

Bottomline is, what the LEFT is doing is terrible. You should not force a business to close to take a show off the their because they are not your opinions. It is STUPID.

If you don't like something, don't buy it. Whining and bitching about it is the wrong way.

If the Right done the same thing, I will be saying the same thing, but they haven't thrown many bones that way.

THey feel my wrath in other areas, EXPLOITATION. I hate them because they ship jobs overseas. They axe jobs and give it to illegals so they can make more money. I laugh that the Republicans are against Amnesty but the conglomerates are making a killing off cheap labor. And I disagree with Sturg on no minimum wage, where its at is good enough so the middle class business won't go out of business, because if you put out there is no minimum wage, every illegal would have all of our jobs.