Thread: Heyward update...

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Glad to see you've quickly picked up and adjusted nicely getting back in the game after years in isolation.

Also happy to see you've stuck around and are posting full-time for the time being.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithLockhart View Post
    Glad to see you've quickly picked up and adjusted nicely getting back in the game after years in isolation.

Also happy to see you've stuck around and are posting full-time for the time being.
    Thanks.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    DOB said heyward didnt get jaw wired. great for keeping his weight up

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    DOB said heyward didnt get jaw wired. great for keeping his weight up
    Probably the best news. Hopefully he comes back in 4 weeks with a shield or something. Or maybe he'll rock a Sydney Crosby
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Probably the best news. Hopefully he comes back in 4 weeks with a shield or something. Or maybe he'll rock a Sydney Crosby
    He who hath not love for baseball's agent said he would not be back for the regular season and in fact is very questionable for the playoffs

Awaiting a Promotion chipchildress's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    how many times have we seen magical braves seasons get ruined by injury?
    a couple years ago it was the chipper ACL among other things.

javy lopez in 99.

smoltz a time or two.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chipchildress View Post
    how many times have we seen magical braves seasons get ruined by injury?
    a couple years ago it was the chipper ACL among other things.

javy lopez in 99.

smoltz a time or two.
    Chipper AND Prado in 2010.

Didn't Prado go down with like 5 games left to go which made Brooksie the starting 2nd baseman the last week?

The Chipper injury was just depressing. If we had Prado AND Chipper that year, no doubt we beat the G-Men.
    Forever Fredi

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChapelHillMatt View Post
    Agreed. Why do people feel the need to throw at someone every time one of our players get hurt?
    The Mets have subsequently ruined the Braves season. No chance we win anything in the playoffs now. How do you accidentally drill someone in the jaw with a 90 MPH pitch?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    Chipper AND Prado in 2010.

Didn't Prado go down with like 5 games left to go which made Brooksie the starting 2nd baseman the last week?

The Chipper injury was just depressing. If we had Prado AND Chipper that year, no doubt we beat the G-Men.
    Yea, there were a lot of injuries. A lot seem to forget what huge hits Brooksie had that week and all season to get us to the playoffs. Remember his big late hits that last week vs Florida? We don't even make the playoffs without them. But all you usually hear about is the costly error made in the 9th in the playoffs.

BTW, MLB Network did a piece on that error showing an angle that showed that the umpire actually screened Brooks on that play. I am not sure many saw that piece or really care about that though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts
    Don't know if anyone saw this on Rotoworld, but it's not sounding good:

Jason Heyward (jaw) is expected to miss the rest of the regular season after undergoing surgery Thursday to repair a fracture in his right jaw.

The Braves pegged his timetable at 4-6 weeks, but Heyward's agent, Victor Menocal, said his client won't return in September. In fact, his availability for the postseason is up in the air, as well. Heyward did not have to have his jaw wired shut, which is good news for his food consumption, but it doesn't really affect how quick his recovery will be.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,013 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves1976 View Post
    Yea, there were a lot of injuries. A lot seem to forget what huge hits Brooksie had that week and all season to get us to the playoffs. Remember his big late hits that last week vs Florida? We don't even make the playoffs without them. But all you usually hear about is the costly error made in the 9th in the playoffs.

BTW, MLB Network did a piece on that error showing an angle that showed that the umpire actually screened Brooks on that play. I am not sure many saw that piece or really care about that though.
    I don't think I could bring myself to watch us get screwed by another umpire. The thing that pissed me off about that inning more than the error was that Kimbrel got SQUEEZED, and I didn't agree with lifting him. Not to get off topic, so back to the original. We lost some big big guys that year, and this year is really feeling like that now.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBrave View Post
    Don't know if anyone saw this on Rotoworld, but it's not sounding good:

Jason Heyward (jaw) is expected to miss the rest of the regular season after undergoing surgery Thursday to repair a fracture in his right jaw.

The Braves pegged his timetable at 4-6 weeks, but Heyward's agent, Victor Menocal, said his client won't return in September. In fact, his availability for the postseason is up in the air, as well. Heyward did not have to have his jaw wired shut, which is good news for his food consumption, but it doesn't really affect how quick his recovery will be.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,513 Posts
    My bet is that Heyward plays in the postseason. He may not be ready, but he'll force the Braves to play him.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    My bet is that Heyward plays in the postseason. He may not be ready, but he'll force the Braves to play him.
    Smart move. Make people think he loves baseball so he doesn't get blamed for us losing in the postseason again.
    Forever Fredi

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

holden (08-22-2013), jpx7 (08-23-2013), Mrs. Meta (08-23-2013)

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,013 Posts
    I don't see how a broken jaw could keep him out all of October honestly, other than being rusty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,513 Posts
    Smart move. Make people think he loves baseball so he doesn't get blamed for us losing in the postseason again.
    Worked for Andruw in 04 and 05.

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Message from Jason this morning via Twitter...

- Morning. Blessed to see another day.

Before I'm asked to do any interviews regarding my most recent injury, I'd like to personally..

Thank EVERYONE for their well wishes, positive thoughts and prayers. I'm overwhelmed by the amount of people that have reached out. That love, appreciation and respect makes it hard not to shed a tear. My friends, family and I are grateful. While baseball isn't life I love this game to death. It's also hard not to be frustrated and hurt for my teammates, coaches and fans that I have battled with and recieved support from all season. My heart goes out to them as I know there's never a right time to be injured but at this point in the season it hits home the most. As a group the Braves still have high expectations for the rest of the season and I will participte in whichever way time and healing allows me to do so. On or off the field my teammates always have my love and support. Good, bad or indifferent. Our common goal is to make the playoffs and excel in October. My personal goal is to heal in time to be ready to join my teammates and coaches on the field for the postseason with the mindset to finish what we've started. Looking forward to joining my team asap and showing them support until I can be on the field again with them. In the mean time I'll be doing my best to stay in shape. Putting my best foot forward for an opportunity to play in October.
    I don't like taking up your time by talking about myself much. I hate to bring the attention to myself alone, while it's never all about me. It's about all of us involved in the game of baseball. But at the end of the day I wanted EVERYONE to recieve the "THANK YOU" and appreciation from me and only me because it's most genuine. Again thank you, and take care. Talk to u/ see u soon,

Jason

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rniki10 For This Useful Post:

ChapelHillMatt (08-23-2013), jpx7 (08-23-2013)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    - Morning. Blessed to see another day.

Before I'm asked to do any interviews regarding my most recent injury, I'd like to personally..

Thank EVERYONE for their well wishes, positive thoughts and prayers. I'm overwhelmed by the amount of people that have reached out. That love, appreciation and respect makes it hard not to shed a tear. My friends, family and I are grateful. While baseball isn't life I love this game to death. It's also hard not to be frustrated and hurt for my teammates, coaches and fans that I have battled with and recieved support from all season. My heart goes out to them as I know there's never a right time to be injured but at this point in the season it hits home the most. As a group the Braves still have high expectations for the rest of the season and I will participte in whichever way time and healing allows me to do so. On or off the field my teammates always have my love and support. Good, bad or indifferent. Our common goal is to make the playoffs and excel in October. My personal goal is to heal in time to be ready to join my teammates and coaches on the field for the postseason with the mindset to finish what we've started. Looking forward to joining my team asap and showing them support until I can be on the field again with them. In the mean time I'll be doing my best to stay in shape. Putting my best foot forward for an opportunity to play in October.
    I don't like taking up your time by talking about myself much. I hate to bring the attention to myself alone, while it's never all about me. It's about all of us involved in the game of baseball. But at the end of the day I wanted EVERYONE to recieve the "THANK YOU" and appreciation from me and only me because it's most genuine. Again thank you, and take care. Talk to u/ see u soon,

Jason
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Heyward will be back. The question will just be how rusty will he be?

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Screw his agent! When the playoffs start, if he can play, he better play! I don't believe Heyward will end his season like this.