Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Yes, actually. Please define these "issues" and how the relate to a given individual's moral composition and legal comportment.
    He's a man wanting to be a women. Clearly he has some mental issues.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Clearly he has some mental issues.
    So the trans-gendered all have mental issues, according to you? And this impinges (presumably negatively) on their moral composition and legal comportment?
    Last edited by jpx7; 08-23-2013 at 10:51 AM.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    You don't think the military protects you? If North Korea wants to send a nuke over, having no military would hurt, no?
    Sorry - you didn't answer my question.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Well I posted that there were sources that heard him say it. If you don't want to believe bc he's your hero, so be it.

How's that occupy movement work out for you, btw?
    he should be everyones hero in this country

oddly enough i don't put too much credit in hearsay

and i really don't put credit in it when it is coming from a group of people that tried to put him to death by charging him with ""Aiding the enemy". the enemy in that charge is the american citizen

but hey, some guy said he said it. that is enough proof for you. that is sad, i hope you don't get on any juries anytime soon

uh, is that you thinking you are being clever?

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    I love how casual you post while doing the same.
    i am guessing you thought was a clever reply

but it really doesn't work when i am not the one saying "hey, innocent people die. it happens. get over it"

pretty much

and Manning to leak cables proving our troops on accident killed innocent civilians

he leaked and showed us, thankfully, that troops were murdering civilians and reporters and covering it up and not being held accountable.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Do you think the "heroes" that desecrated and pissed on bodies, and the guys behind Abu Ghirab have "mental issues"?

I mean seriously, what's more manly and testosterone pumping than chaining up some men in a prison with pillow cases on their heads and making them strip naked and doing BDSM torture to them? Couldn't get anymore manly than that I suppose.

Who has mental issues in this picture, the guys naked with tarps on their heads, or the "heroes" posing and smiling with the thumbs up as if there's absolutely nothing wrong with this picture?

Spoiler: 
    Forever Fredi

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (08-23-2013), Runnin (08-23-2013)

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    So the trans-gendered all have metal issues, according to you? And this impinges (presumably negatively) on their moral composition and legal comportment?
    Yes

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    he should be everyones hero in this country

oddly enough i don't put too much credit in hearsay

and i really don't put credit in it when it is coming from a group of people that tried to put him to death by charging him with ""Aiding the enemy". the enemy in that charge is the american citizen

but hey, some guy said he said it. that is enough proof for you. that is sad, i hope you don't get on any juries anytime soon

uh, is that you thinking you are being clever?

You act like it's a big surprise that innocent people die in war.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithLockhart View Post
    Do you think the "heroes" that desecrated and pissed on bodies, and the guys behind Abu Ghirab have "mental issues"?

I mean seriously, what's more manly and testosterone pumping than chaining up some men in a prison with pillow cases on their heads and making them strip naked and doing BDSM torture to them? Couldn't get anymore manly than that I suppose.

Who has mental issues in this picture, the guys naked with tarps on their heads, or the "heroes" posing and smiling with the thumbs up as if there's absolutely nothing wrong with this picture?

Spoiler: 
    The people that took part in this have mental issues. Yes. I'm not sure what your point is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I always hated the "Look, innocent people die in war, that's just how it is" argument - as if that makes everything acceptable.

Here is the issue.

1. WTH are we at war? Is our safety endnager that needs us killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people?
    2. Does killing innocent people make us less safe? I absolutely think so. It creates a rallying cry for our enemies.
    3. Are our war methods hoorable? Are there things we can be doing to not be killing innocent people? Bradley Manning shows us that we aren't too careful
    4. In case #1 was strong enough, WHY THE HELL ARE WE STILL AT WAR??
    Wow. A combat vet.
    You must have extensive experience in combat. Tell us all of your experiences.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    huh?

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    The people that took part in this have mental issues. Yes. I'm not sure what your point is.
    Do you think it was just an isolated incident, or do you think it goes on pretty commonly and we just don't hear about it?
    Forever Fredi

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithLockhart View Post
    Do you think it was just an isolated incident, or do you think it goes on pretty commonly and we just don't hear about it?
    I would have no reason to know outside of judging based on the soldiers I know in my area.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    This, to me, is the most salient complaint in this whole narrative.
    Absolutely not. The idea of automatically attaching the word murder to collateral damage due to mistaken identity in war is absurd.
    thank you weso1!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

thethe (08-23-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    huh?
    Couldn't connect those pesky dots huh?

Well your post made base assumtions that someone without combat knowlege or experience probably shouldn't make. Like assuming that soldiers are just mowing down as you say "hundreds of thousands of innocents" which is a completely fabricated number made to drive your point. Furthermore, it assumes you see the decisions that they make to avoid\engage a scenario with innocents involved. You probably have no idea what happens on the ground or how our troops operate, and I for one think that is a bad road to go down. If you don't have that experience, I don't think you have the luxury of sitting on a high perch with no mud on your boots and say things about our military that make them out to be war criminals. I will put good money on the fact if you were faced with decisions in combat that those young men and women are, you would either choose the same as they have, or be killed. Everything is easy to criticize behind a computer.

We are at war with a people or movement that does not fight a traditional war. There is a group of people that want Americans dead, for being...American. They don't have uniforms, or a cohesive fighting force, or want to engage soldiers. They want US Citizens to suffer. They hate free citizens of this country because we were born here and they abhor us. You, me, children, economies, women, old people etc... They attack citizens not armies, so I would say that is something worth deploying soliders to quell. We aren't over there because we like killing radicals.

If this is post is way offbase and you have entensive military experience, then I have misjudged you and I apologize. It does not seem that way from your posts. Generalities about our military are not what I commend online or in person. Is war or combat strategy perfect? No. But I can live with that as long as the men and women serving our country say that they gave it their best shot. That is all we could ever ask.
    Ivermectin Man

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

thethe (08-23-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Couldn't connect those pesky dots huh?

Well your post made base assumtions that someone without combat knowlege or experience probably shouldn't make. Like assuming that soldiers are just mowing down as you say "hundreds of thousands of innocents" which is a completely fabricated number made to drive your point. Furthermore, it assumes you see the decisions that they make to avoid\engage a scenario with innocents involved. You probably have no idea what happens on the ground or how our troops operate, and I for one think that is a bad road to go down. If you don't have that experience, I don't think you have the luxury of sitting on a high perch with no mud on your boots and say things about our military that make them out to be war criminals. I will put good money on the fact if you were faced with decisions in combat that those young men and women are, you would either choose the same as they have, or be killed. Everything is easy to criticize behind a computer.

We are at war with a people or movement that does not fight a traditional war. There is a group of people that want Americans dead, for being...American. They don't have uniforms, or a cohesive fighting force, or want to engage soldiers. They want US Citizens to suffer. They hate free citizens of this country because we were born here and they abhor us. You, me, children, economies, women, old people etc... They attack citizens not armies, so I would say that is something worth deploying soliders to quell. We aren't over there because we like killing radicals.

If this is post is way offbase and you have entensive military experience, then I have misjudged you and I apologize. It does not seem that way from your posts. Generalities about our military are not what I commend online or in person. Is war or combat strategy perfect? No. But I can live with that as long as the men and women serving our country say that they gave it their best shot. That is all we could ever ask.

Where to begin...

The hundreds of thousands of civilians number is a cited number from our own government. You can ignore if you wish. It is probably understated.

The post you quoted was me asking why we are at war? That has nothing to do with the men actually fighting the war, but the "leaders" who are so quick to put them in harms way. I'm still wondering, why are we at war?

There are videos online of our soldiers laughing and singing as they blow up people from a helicopter. There were soldiers peeing on dead corpses. And then of course, the Manning cables that were released. Shame on Mr. Manning for exposing that corruption. To act like every soldier is some saint and hero just because they are soldiers is preposterous. I'm not painting with a broad brush here.

My biggest concern with our military is that they are dying for no reason. Over 9,000 killed in a senseless war. Over 50,000 injured. And on average, one vet commits suicide every day. Why? Because they literally can't live with what they have seen or done. It's been written about countless times. Some people just don't have the heart to live what our leaders are having our troops do. More soldiers commited suicide last year than died in Afghanistan. I got news for you, that's not normal!

I have a friend in the marines who told me they were instructed to blow up a building that had a known terrorist in it. He also said they could see other people in the building playing cards. But they blew the building up anyway - because that is what they were told. That didn't sit too well with him, but he assumes what he did was right.

Meanwhile, we can never have any peace as long as fools carry on with the "they hate us because we're american" nonsense. This is one of the dumbest, most illogical assumptions I've ever heard. You want to know why they hate us? Because we bomb the **** out of them. Because we set up 900 military bases on their land. Because we fight them because of oil. Because we overthrow their democratically elected governments so that we can install our puppets. Because we arm the terrorists, so that they can cause trouble, so that we can intervene. Because we put life crippling sanctions on their country so that a half a million kids can starve to death, and then have our secretary of state go on 60 minutes and say "it's worth it."

If you sincerely believe "they hate us because we're American", then why would you promote fighting them? It's unwinnable. Why keep fighting?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Absolutely not. The idea of automatically attaching the word murder to collateral damage due to mistaken identity in war is absurd.
    I'm guessing you never read the cables

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I tend to agree with this, although I also think whistle blowers deserve much better legal protection when they are exposing govt agencies acting outside the law.

You have to admit it's an odd time for a sex change. It certainly diminishes his testimony in the public eye, whether it should or not.

Will the govt foot the bill for his operation? If so, maybe he's getting some poetic justice, however small.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Where to begin...

The hundreds of thousands of civilians number is a cited number from our own government. You can ignore if you wish. It is probably understated.

The post you quoted was me asking why we are at war? That has nothing to do with the men actually fighting the war, but the "leaders" who are so quick to put them in harms way. I'm still wondering, why are we at war?

There are videos online of our soldiers laughing and singing as they blow up people from a helicopter. There were soldiers peeing on dead corpses. And then of course, the Manning cables that were released. Shame on Mr. Manning for exposing that corruption. To act like every soldier is some saint and hero just because they are soldiers is preposterous. I'm not painting with a broad brush here.

My biggest concern with our military is that they are dying for no reason. Over 9,000 killed in a senseless war. Over 50,000 injured. And on average, one vet commits suicide every day. Why? Because they literally can't live with what they have seen or done. It's been written about countless times. Some people just don't have the heart to live what our leaders are having our troops do. More soldiers commited suicide last year than died in Afghanistan. I got news for you, that's not normal!

I have a friend in the marines who told me they were instructed to blow up a building that had a known terrorist in it. He also said they could see other people in the building playing cards. But they blew the building up anyway - because that is what they were told. That didn't sit too well with him, but he assumes what he did was right.

Meanwhile, we can never have any peace as long as fools carry on with the "they hate us because we're american" nonsense. This is one of the dumbest, most illogical assumptions I've ever heard. You want to know why they hate us? Because we bomb the **** out of them. Because we set up 900 military bases on their land. Because we fight them because of oil. Because we overthrow their democratically elected governments so that we can install our puppets. Because we arm the terrorists, so that they can cause trouble, so that we can intervene. Because we put life crippling sanctions on their country so that a half a million kids can starve to death, and then have our secretary of state go on 60 minutes and say "it's worth it."

If you sincerely believe "they hate us because we're American", then why would you promote fighting them? It's unwinnable. Why keep fighting?
    They have hated us for much longer than that. If it wasn't the reasons you posted above they would find others to paint us as the devil.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I tend to agree with this, although I also think whistle blowers deserve much better legal protection when they are exposing govt agencies acting outside the law.

You have to admit it's an odd time for a sex change. It certainly diminishes his testimony in the public eye, whether it should or not.

Will the govt foot the bill for his operation? If so, maybe he's getting some poetic justice, however small.
    He also got pretty messed up in torture prison. I would imagine it has left a mark