Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    PS--It's too bad we no longer have a team in Myrtle Beach.
    I went to see the Pelicans play there a lot as a kid since it was only a little over an hour away from my home -- even got an Adam LaRoche bobblehead, which is still in its box somewhere. Nice ballpark, great location. Drove by it a few weeks ago and saw that they are now a Cubs affiliate (had been with the Rangers immediately after the Braves left town).

There is a Yankees franchise locally in Charleston but I only go for the occasional $1 beers on Thirsty Thursday and the rehab starts; A-Rod played here for a few games in 2013 and I got to see Tim Hudson pitch a few innings in 2012.

Since the Braves left Greenville, the closest organizational baseball for me is now Atlanta itself (and I actually just bought season tickets, should be interesting).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (02-06-2015)