Page 95 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 458593949596971051451955951095 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 29602

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    How does it make sense to change an healthcare system based on its response to an isolated event?

Is this an isolated event? We have seen this **** before its just worse this time. I have heard from Virologists that this isnt the "big one" people have feared for a while so we could still face a greater virus in the future. Hopefully preparing for it wont be a partisan issue once this is over.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    From a mathematical perspective this makes zero sense.

Removing outside infection significantly impacts the trajectory of the curve. Saying anything otherwise is ignorant.
    Sure, but yelling about how Trump saved us by rolling cancellation of international travel is sort of like cheering a guy who hits a walk-off HR but then doesn’t run the bases.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

Metaphysicist (04-03-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Fauchi is doing his job.
    what are your buddies saying about him
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Sure, but yelling about how Trump saved us by rolling cancellation of international travel is sort of like cheering a guy who hits a walk-off HR but then doesn’t run the bases.
    It was by far the most significant move taken. That should not even be argued for anyone that understands the numbers.

The most significant blunder? NYC elected officials telling their people to go to Chinatown and not be racist. This should also not be disputed. I guess you could argue the democratic propoganda machine suppressing the best viable treatment to the pandemic but I still will blame NYC for not realizing how many infected Chinese people were already in the city.

Globally there were a lot of blunders between the EU bejng slow to close their borders, Italy leftists telling people to hug Chinese people and other leftist leaders screaming racism.

Just a cluster**** of incompetence. Trump has been far from perfect but on a list of culprits of who caused the worst damage Trump isnt even on a lost that goes 20 deep.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    what are your buddies saying about him
    My real life friends love fauchi. My girlfriend is interested every time he gets a chance to speak and is pissed when he isnt part of the team.

There is the usual social media noise saying he is an egotistical authoritarian but that's fringe stuff. Fauchi is doing his job. Trump is not right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    lol.

Again, Trump used the Office, which is a very powerful tool, to get something done. Yes Obama would have done the same thing. Because Obama wouldn't have been ripping McCarthy or McConnell over childish political reasons. Obama would have had people way more united on this and much sooner.

Travel ban is what it is. He also bungled the travel ban on the other side of the world when he didn't include the UK.

Government passing stimulus in record time is thanks to the Dems. It's always the Dems the Republicans have to beg to agree to spend money to save the country. Bush and Hank Paulson had to beg Pelosi to save the country last time, Trump played nice with Nancy this time. Trump was desperate for them to pass anything. He was much more restrained during the process, because he knew he needed the bill passed to save his ass from being Hoover 2.0. If you actually paid attention to his behavior for that week of bill talks, he was way more restrained than usual. Again, cause the people were watching.

Remember, Dems always pass bills, and always spend. Getting the Dems to agree to do something is easy. Getting the Republicans to agree to do something that "conflicts" with their values is much harder. Trump is a big spender. Everyone knows this. Trump wants to spend more on an infrastructure bill. Pelosi said she wants to do it too. McConnell said he isn't interested in doing it, and if he does do it, it has to be the same way, a ****ty Senate Bill that the House Dems have to agree to.

He's gone on TV every night to answer questions? Are you paying attention to these things? 90% of the questions he answers, he doesn't even answer. He rambles for 10 seconds, repeating the same things over and over without answering the question. Case in point the other night, almost verbatim:

Reporter: "You said you're going to open some parts of the country up. What metrics and data are you using to decide which sections are applicable to be opened up?"
    Trump: "We're looking at a lot of different things. We're looking at all the metrics."

He repeated that like 3 times before moving on and calling someone for the next question. People don't tune in to watch Trump. They tune in to see what Fauci says. Trump could literally not be at the presser, it woudl still get high ratings, because people want to listen to what Fauci says. I guess the bar is set so low for Trump, that him going up there and reading his speech like a 5th grader reading a book report on a book he didn't read passes for excellent job.

He's taking the advice of medical doctors, finally. Let's give him credit for arriving to the party late. Wonderful. He consistently has a message of hope, followed by childish non-hopeful things. See: The official letter he wrote to Chuck Schumer today, getting into catfight with the Gov. of Michigan, etc. etc.

Poll numbers are rising, there's another poll that say more Americans are blaming him for the spread. Bush got a massive approval bump after 9/11. Could Gore or anyone else have rallied the country after a terrorist attack? Leaders get bumps in the polls during times of crisis. How they handle it, determines how long that bump lasts.
    Dude. Obama would have choked the virus with his own hands, while Trump is responsible for each death!

(This is how you come accross)

I went down a few things which I would have assumed anyone could at least agree happened, but in your insatiable TDS, you went down line by line to tell me why I'm wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    https://morningconsult.com/2020/04/0...e-coronavirus/

• 49% approve of Trump’s handling of coronavirus; 47% disapprove.
    • 30% mostly blame Trump for the spread of COVID-19, up 11 percentage points since mid-March.

Trump’s gains during the first half of last month came as his administration ramped up its response to the virus, including the introduction of national social-distancing guidelines and enactment of multiple spending relief packages passed by Congress. The uptick, which appeared to demonstrate a “rally around the flag” effect, common during crises, was fueled largely by more positive perceptions among independents and Democratic voters.

The latest polling indicates that unity is unraveling. As the virus has continued to spread across the United States, with state and local officials publicly raising alarms about the federal government’s lack of preparedness for a global pandemic and its slow response to calls for medical equipment and protection, backing for Trump has fallen among Democrats and independents.

I would have loved to have seen a young libertarian sturg, defend George W Bush's approval ratings in the 90% post-9/11 by saying he's rallying the country, as opposed to libertarian sturg saying "IF THE US NEVER INTERVENED IN THE MIDDLE EAST WE WOULDN'T HAVE 9/11 ANYWAYS".

$5 says sturg was in grade school sharing on AIM the videos on how the Twin Towers were burned on purpose and the pentagon crash was actually a staged bomb videos to show people how "woke" he was.
    You seem unhinged..

You need to understand a difference between defending and observing.

And you should probably take a break

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    SAV took this personally for his own reasons. He is entitled to do that but his irrationality on all things Trump has gotten significantly worse during this pandemic.

The general public acknowledges that everyone ****ed this up early. The travel ban was successful and a good move. And finally the moves the Trump administration has made the the past month have been fantastic.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    When the dust settles and the damage is much less than anyone predicted we will not hear about the Wuhanvirus just like we don't hear about Russia.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    My real life friends love fauchi. My girlfriend is interested every time he gets a chance to speak and is pissed when he isnt part of the team.

There is the usual social media noise saying he is an egotistical authoritarian but that's fringe stuff. Fauchi is doing his job. Trump is not right now.
    Hold on this is major news. You are no longer incel?

I have a personal question. Is she um ya know Muslim?

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Hold on this is major news. You are no longer incel?

I have a personal question. Is she um ya know Muslim?
    She is Greek.

Wouldn't say I was incel more than just upset over my divorce. Took a while to find a woman that actually interested me. Believe it or not she is very liberal from a social standpoint perspective. Makeup artist. ****ing dream come true.
    Natural Immunity Croc

16. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    SAV took this personally for his own reasons. He is entitled to do that but his irrationality on all things Trump has gotten significantly worse during this pandemic.
    yeah...i worry about him

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    She is Greek.

Wouldn't say I was incel more than just upset over my divorce. Took a while to find a woman that actually interested me. Believe it or not she is very liberal from a social standpoint perspective. Makeup artist. ****ing dream come true.
    Well...I'm happy for you.

"I am your retribution."

19. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Well...I'm happy for you.
    Never been happier in my life than today. Every day since we got together has been the best day of my life.

Almost feel guilty I'm so happy during a time where there is so much despair in the world.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Never been happier in my life than today. Every day since we got together has been the best day of my life.

Almost feel guilty I'm so happy during a time where there is so much despair in the world.
    Never apologize for being happy

24. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

thethe (04-03-2020)