Page 46 of 227 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football Thread

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    They won 4 games last yr due in large part to an inept offense. And that offense didn't look much better in their first real "test. " If Florida wins 6 games I'll be surprised.

Not to take anything away from Stoops and KY. They played a heck of a game, and he looks like he has KY heading in the right direction, but considering the talent gap, Florida should have beat them by 2 TDS or more.
    Last edited by Carp; 09-13-2014 at 11:21 PM.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Hubert Owens and his crew are a joke. I'm so ticked tonight it's not even funny. Phantom holding call on Gurley's touchdown, grounding when the ball was tipped and thrown at the fullback's feet, and the back was stopped short on that fourth down. SEC officials are a disgrace. Hubert Owens has now reached Penn Wagers levels with me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Coredor For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (09-13-2014)

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory BlackwaterPark's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Florida gonna get rolled in the SEC this yr. They should have lost at home to one of the worst teams in the SEC.

I'm loving it.
    How do you have any idea how much Kentucky has improved or not, or Florida?

The defense for some reason massively failed Florida which hadn't happened in years. Also, you have to remember this is only the second game for a brand new offense. It will only get better. No way last years UF team even made it to overtime

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    About as blatant of a targeting, late hit, and no call by the refs I have seen.....

Here..https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/349...pRCqGjlRJJy3dE

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackwaterPark View Post
    How do you have any idea how much Kentucky has improved or not, or Florida?

The defense for some reason massively failed Florida which hadn't happened in years. Also, you have to remember this is only the second game for a brand new offense. It will only get better. No way last years UF team even made it to overtime
    Florida looked very bad, pain and simple. True, it was only their 2nd game, but Driskell is beyond bad, and is looking just as bad as previous yrs. You have nice RBs, but when you have such inconsistency at the QB position, you're gonna struggle, plain and simple.
    Last edited by Carp; 09-16-2014 at 04:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I don't know how they played vs UK, but UF has QB issues. They haven't been that bad at the QB position in decades.

I mean, we made em our BIOTCH, i expect the rest of the SEC to do so as well.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Some thoughts after week 3:

The good:

3) South Carolina - Pretty much a must win for the Gamecocks. 2 losses this early in the SEC would have really hurt their chances. Now all of a sudden Georgia is far from a lock to win the East.
    2) Boston College - Came out of nowhere and defeated a USC team that just upset Stanford. I certainly wasn't expecting that. Good for them.
    1) Virginia - They have quietly been a very well coached team the last couple of years. They also nearly upset Virginia early in the season. Not that they're going to compete for anything but a decent bowl game, but they deserve mention for being a competitive team lately.

The Bad
    3) Georgia - Just completely blew an opportunity to take full control of the SEC East. Apparently that defense isn't quite back yet. Georgia looks very vulnerable against teams that can contain the run again. I actually feel decent about UT's chances to beat them in a couple of weeks.
    2) Virginia Tech - The ACC took a big hit this weekend with both Va Tech and Louisville losing. It's ashame that FSU won't really be challenged until the playoffs.
    1) UCLA - They are incredibly lucky to be 3-0. They've won three very ugly games against mediocre to bad teams.
    thank you weso1!

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Some thoughts after week 3:

The good:

3) South Carolina - Pretty much a must win for the Gamecocks. 2 losses this early in the SEC would have really hurt their chances. Now all of a sudden Georgia is far from a lock to win the East.
    2) Boston College - Came out of nowhere and defeated a USC team that just upset Stanford. I certainly wasn't expecting that. Good for them.
    1) Virginia - They have quietly been a very well coached team the last couple of years. They also nearly upset Virginia early in the season. Not that they're going to compete for anything but a decent bowl game, but they deserve mention for being a competitive team lately.

The Bad
    3) Georgia - Just completely blew an opportunity to take full control of the SEC East. Apparently that defense isn't quite back yet. Georgia looks very vulnerable against teams that can contain the run again. I actually feel decent about UT's chances to beat them in a couple of weeks.
    2) Virginia Tech - The ACC took a big hit this weekend with both Va Tech and Louisville losing. It's ashame that FSU won't really be challenged until the playoffs.
    1) UCLA - They are incredibly lucky to be 3-0. They've won three very ugly games against mediocre to bad teams.

LOL, what? UVA lost 9 straight games to end the year last year. They have a pretty quick defense, but the offense is pathetic. THey aren't well coached, London is a mini version of Mack where he gets good recruiting classes, but the team doesn't live up to the talent.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    LOL, what? UVA lost 9 straight games to end the year last year. They have a pretty quick defense, but the offense is pathetic. THey aren't well coached, London is a mini version of Mack where he gets good recruiting classes, but the team doesn't live up to the talent.
    He took over an awful program and now they are playing pretty well after recruiting pretty well. Mack Brown isn't a terrible coach to be compared to.

I'm just saying that Virginia has suddenly become a competent team. I'm not saying they're world beaters or anything, but they've been a lot more competitive then they have been. It was hard to find a lot of good this week, imo. Not a lot of good games. I think if you're a Virginia fan then you are pretty happy where the program is now compared to where it has been.
    thank you weso1!

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    What is there to be happy about? They just lost 10 games in a row before beating an FCS school and then Louisville at home.

They may be improved (too early to tell) as the defense looks better, but the offense is pathetic. This is a team that is way behind where they should be based on recruiting. UVA fans wanted London gone 2-3 years ago and that hasn't gone away yet.

UVA was not worse before London took over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    The fans just stormed the field. I think today they are quite happy. The recruiting has improved and now the on the field results have finally followed the recruiting. I'm not saying they are anymore than a decent team, but on a day there wasn't a lot of good I think Virginia deserved a mention for their upset over Louisville and their improved recruiting.

Although I will admit that I don't really follow Virginia football that much. I was honestly surprised to learn that they even had fans in the first place.
    thank you weso1!

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Im just being uber critical of your take bc that program is in dire straights.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Florida looked very bad, pain and simple. True, it was only their 2nd game, but Brantley is beyond bad, and is looking just as bad as previous yrs. You have nice RBs, but when you have such inconsistency at the QB position, you're gonna struggle, plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    I don't know how they played vs UK, but UF has QB issues. They haven't been that bad at the QB position in decades.

I mean, we made em our BIOTCH, i expect the rest of the SEC to do so as well.

After halftime he went 18/23, 179 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 187 passer rating. As bad as he was in the first half, we wouldn't have won the game without his play in the second half.

UF's offense put up almost 600 total yards, it was the blown coverages by the young secondary, not the offense that almost cost UF the game.
    Last edited by BlackwaterPark; 09-15-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    After halftime he went 18/23, 179 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 187 passer rating. As bad as he was in the first half, we wouldn't have won the game without his play in the second half.

UF's offense put up almost 600 total yards, it was the blown coverages by the young secondary, not the offense that almost cost UF the game.
    Cool I guess. But the point remains...He isn't good.
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts

They played like 3 OTs. And only scored 36 points in 3 OTs despite the 600 total yards. Against a KY team that might win 5 games. That isnt very impressive.
    Last edited by Carp; 09-16-2014 at 09:11 AM.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Well they will be lucky to meet half those numbers against Alabama.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Jameis Winston suspended half a game for cursing loudly.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Jameis Winston suspended half a game for cursing loudly.
    Today's world: Saying "F*ck her right in the p*ssy" is not ok at FSU but actually doing it without consent is

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackwaterPark For This Useful Post:

weso1 (09-18-2014)

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Yes he isn't allowed to speak about heterosexual things.

If he yelled, "ram that dude in the ass." He would have been applauded.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to NinersSBChamps For This Useful Post:

Carp (09-18-2014)

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,814 Posts
    Wow! Auburn is getting lucky tonight
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

24. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonCowboy For This Useful Post:

Carp (09-18-2014)