User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CHARGE DROPPED For Cop Who Shot & Killed Unarmed, Sleeping 7-Yr-Old Girl...

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,421 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CHARGE DROPPED For Cop Who Shot & Killed Unarmed, Sleeping 7-Yr-Old Girl...

Last edited by goldfly; 12-06-2014 at 04:19 AM.
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. It is a very great mistake to imagine that the object of loyalty is the authority and interest of one individual man, however dignified by the applause or enriched by the success of popular actions. Samuel Adams

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" George Orwell

Got the Call to Lynchburg
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to read more about what happened. The article gives a little insight, but not much. Sounds like a tragic accident, but I'd like to see the whole story. Happen to have any more links about it?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,422 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh look, another thread about the same thing we're discussing in a billion other threads. Glad to see the board flooded with these types of posts. It's awesome.
    From your favorite message board poster (me).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (12-06-2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawking4life View Post
    I'd like to read more about what happened. The article gives a little insight, but not much. Sounds like a tragic accident, but I'd like to see the whole story. Happen to have any more links about it?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Aiyana+Stanley-Jones
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. It is a very great mistake to imagine that the object of loyalty is the authority and interest of one individual man, however dignified by the applause or enriched by the success of popular actions. Samuel Adams

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" George Orwell

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Oh look, another thread about the same thing we're discussing in a billion other threads. Glad to see the board flooded with these types of posts. It's awesome.
    @sturg33 i would tell thethe that if we are discussing this in a billion other threads and now that the topic is flooding the board, i think you can get him to believe this is all too "common"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

sturg33 (12-07-2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm sure I could flood the board with individual storiees of people killed by lightning. Not very common way to go. That would be annoying too. Number of folks killed by cops per year makes up about .0000001% of the population. Not sure what your definition of coomon is.
    Last edited by weso1; 12-06-2014 at 12:33 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure I could flood the board with individual storiees of people killed by lightning. Not very common way to go. That would be annoying too. Number of folks killed by cops per year makes up about .0000001% of the population. Not sure what your definition of coomon is.
    Well you edited since but to compare the two is dumb and cops kill way more than lightening

Btw: lightening has killed 26 people in the USA in 2014 this far

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not comparing the two of course. Just stating I don't need much to flood the board to make it look more common than it is. The stats are the stats. Your point to sturg was stupid.

Anyways guess I'll just take a break from here again for awhile.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (12-06-2014),mossy (12-06-2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we know it happens to average out to at least once a day

that is WAY TOO MUCH from a gov't body that should be held to a higher standard and is supposed to be protecting and serving

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having one incident out of 35,000-40,000 arrests a day is excessive? Yeah, I wish there were none but human nature is what it is.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    Having one incident out of 35,000-40,000 arrests a day is excessive?
    another problem that rolls into this issue and should be addressed

thank you for bringing it to the board

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    another problem that rolls into this issue and should be addressed

thank you for bringing it to the board
    I'm sure there are avoidable arrests out there as well but generally speaking most people who get arrested deserve to get arrested.

Called Up to the Major Leagues Gary82's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .000001% in 2009

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    generally speaking most people who get arrested deserve to get arrested.
    hell of a conclusion to jump to in a country that says it is free and locks up more people per capita than any one else on the plane t

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-09-2014),sturg33 (12-07-2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hell of a conclusion to jump to in a country that says it is free and locks up more people per capita than any one else on the plane t
    What can I say? We could return to the sentencing laws that we had in the 70s and return to the crime rate we had back then.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,615 Times in 2,643 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @sturg33 i would tell thethe that if we are discussing this in a billion other threads and now that the topic is flooding the board, i think you can get him to believe this is all too "common"
    Again...give me a percentage of Copa you believe are corrupt.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,615 Times in 2,643 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What can I say? We could return to the sentencing laws that we had in the 70s and return to the crime rate we had back then.
    Higher crime rates are apparently a good thing.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Higher crime rates are apparently a good thing.
    Yeah, I remember the 70's and early 80s the **** my brother got away with just a slap on the wrist. Robberies.....shootings......drugs.... it didn't matter. He would maybe spend 3-5 years in prison and be right out being a public nuisance again.

Got the Call to Lynchburg
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I remember the 70's and early 80s the **** my brother got away with just a slap on the wrist. Robberies.....shootings......drugs.... it didn't matter. He would maybe spend 3-5 years in prison and be right out being a public nuisance again.
    This is the America Goldie wants...

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,965 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Except we wouldn't, thanks to Roe v. Wade.
    AJ does all the other things just as well if not better than Mac - zbhargrove

I don't think Nolan Ryan should be a poster child for mechanics - SAV