Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet Another Mass Shooting

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Sandy Hook, Roseburg, the Joker-movie-theater case - anything linking these three cases? How about the home/family life? How about the mental health state of all three young men? What activities - if any - did these young men have in common?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

Runnin (10-07-2015)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    He's just pointing out the hypocrisy of Noah pointing out the hypocrisy.
    no he isn't

he isn't asking anyone to " to change his position"

he is imagining a world where "pro life" people actually lived up to the words they say
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    Sandy Hook, Roseburg, the Joker-movie-theater case - anything linking these three cases? How about the home/family life? How about the mental health state of all three young men? What activities - if any - did these young men have in common?
    yes, it finally got here

the broken home article finally came across your desk

an even more absurd angle to argue

is that how every other frist world country that has similar or worse divorce rates practically got rid of mass shootings? by not getting divorced?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Fix mental health issues in this country.
    republicans have no desire to actually do this.

Oliver talked about this on sunday and like usual, hit a homerun on it. you should watch it. want a link for it?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

yeezus (10-07-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Would you like to address my question?
    you didn't ask a question

curious which organization is directly responsible for more deaths of living beings in this country
    and i really don't care what you are curious about either

but go ahead and get to your point if you want cause your leading "i'm curious...." is really boring and time consuming

just say a fetus is a human and get a long with your point

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    you didn't ask a question

and i really don't care what you are curious about either

but go ahead and get to your point if you want cause your leading "i'm curious...." is really boring and time consuming

just say a fetus is a human and get a long with your point
    I'm shocked...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts

Oliver talked about this on sunday and like usual, hit a homerun on it. you should watch it. want a link for it?
    Yup, his segment was great.
    What do they actually do to help fix mental health?
    They sure as hell don't want to ask their buddies to help pay for it. Just a deflection for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    I'm shocked...
    right because you consider early-term fetuses humans and many others do not.
    yet when a grown child is starving, or lacking quality education, or not able to afford clothing, you couldn't care less.
    see what I did there? we can all play the sturg game of hyperbole and bull****.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to yeezus For This Useful Post:

goldfly (10-07-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    right because you consider early-term fetuses humans and many others do not.
    yet when a grown child is starving, or lacking quality education, or not able to afford clothing, you couldn't care less.
    see what I did there? we can all play the sturg game of hyperbole and bull****.
    Just seems really silly, misleading, ignorant, and political to try to deflect blame of a mass shooting to an organization that had nothing to do with it.

By the way, if the federal government is funding the NRA, it should be defunded yesterday, same as PP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    I'm shocked...
    so, you don't want to ask a question

and don't want to get to the point now?

weird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Just seems really silly, misleading, ignorant, and political to try to deflect blame of a mass shooting to an organization that had nothing to do with it.

By the way, if the federal government is funding the NRA, it should be defunded yesterday, same as PP
    i really don't think yall understand Trevors point (even though yall say yall do)

he isn't comparing them or distracting them

he is taking their words saying all lives are worth saving and that we should do whatever it takes etc on one issue

and then somehow there is this other issue that people are dying over and they fall silent all of a sudden

it's a weird road imo to try to navigate but Trevor does a good job of showing that they really don't care their line that "all life is worth doing whatever it takes to save"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    i really don't think yall understand Trevors point (even though yall say yall do)

he is taking their words saying all lives are worth saving and that we should do whatever it takes etc on one issue

and then somehow there is this other issue that people are dying over and they fall silent all of a sudden

it's a weird road imo to try to navigate but Trevor does a good job of showing that they really don't care their line that "all life is worth doing whatever it takes to save"
    We get it. It's hypocritical, a lazy assumption and just plain illogical. It's just a pointless smart ass comment that adds nothing to the debate, except give goldfly a meme to post on the internet to help his ecred a bit with the board libs.
    thank you weso1!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (10-07-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts

I don't disagree. Really very few people have a desire to do anything about this, but very few people are actually calling to change it. Instead we're arguing that maybe a guy should or shouldn't be able to buy a slightly less lethal gun and a couple less bullets. I mean it's so stupid when you really think about it. Should be pushing mental health, prison reform and getting guns away from inner city criminals. Instead we're arguing over absolutely pointless tweaks to current gun laws for mostly law abiding citizens.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    We get it. It's hypocritical, a lazy assumption and just plain illogical. It's just a pointless smart ass comment that adds nothing to the debate, except give goldfly a meme to post on the internet to help his ecred a bit with the board libs.
    adds nothing? it shows that the other side in the debate isn't genuine in their words and shouldn't be taken serious

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

20. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

Hawk (10-07-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts

Yeah... same thing when the left are "pro-choice" when it comes to abortions, but anti choice when it comes to businesses and personal property and whether or not we're allowed to buy a soda or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    so, you don't want to ask a question

and don't want to get to the point now?

weird
    The fact that you couldn't infer the question really just makes you either a troll or mentally retarded. My guess is a mix of both.

Here, I'll add a question mark to the end of it so it makes nice and simple for you.

Which organization is directly responsible for more deaths of living beings in this country, the NRA or PP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Should be pushing mental health, prison reform and getting guns away from inner city criminals.
    Over the course of 3-4 years I have yet to see anyone advocate proposals to deal with mental health, prison reform blah blah blah.
    Or any of the empty alternatives ( along with prayer) thrown out everytime the conversation of regulating weapons comes up.

Ok Wes, what do we do about mental health?

City criminals ?
    what that has to do with mass shooting not really sure . Plus with limits/regulation/ restrictions on the manufacture of weapons -- wouldn't it hinder a "thug" access??
    Is "city criminals" a wink and nod for the "n" word ?

Prison reform ?
    What does prison reform have to do with mass shootings?
    Why not include VW doctoring emission reports ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Yeah... same thing when the left are "pro-choice" when it comes to abortions, but anti choice when it comes to businesses and personal property and whether or not we're allowed to buy a soda or not.
    that seems like a legit comparison to use when talking about death

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    The fact that you couldn't infer the question really just makes you either a troll or mentally retarded. My guess is a mix of both.

Here, I'll add a question mark to the end of it so it makes nice and simple for you.

Which organization is directly responsible for more deaths of living beings in this country, the NRA or PP?
    why don't you tell me the answer you are looking for here?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

57Brave (10-07-2015)