Page 16 of 85 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: The Don

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Someone explain to me why Trump isn't right that all Muslims should be denied international travel.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    He is not.

My wife who is not like me HATES liberals said Trump is evil. She is a Carson person, I am not but I am not against O'Malley or Weber either. I would put them 1 and 2 I would vote for as for right now.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrShwag View Post
    What is fascinating to me is that a man running for the highest of political offices, has no fear in communicating in such controversial language.
    I don't think it's fascinating. It's something the republicans have been using for 50 years. They just are usually less overt about it. When you hear republicans "states rights" they really don't care about states rights, except for discrimination purposes. The people using that line also say that the Civil War was fought over States rights and believe in the romanticized South of Gone With the Wind.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    She is a Carson person,.
    Ewwww

Honestly, Carson scares me more than Trump. Trump is almost certainly putting on a show showing how dumb a healthy segment of the Republican base is. Carson is downright insane. And he believes in stupid ****, like young earth theory, and the Pyramids were used to store grain and other really stupid things. I'll take a liar over someone who believes in Adam and Eve and 6 day creation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Ewwww

Honestly, Carson scares me more than Trump. Trump is almost certainly putting on a show showing how dumb a healthy segment of the Republican base is. Carson is downright insane. And he believes in stupid ****, like young earth theory, and the Pyramids were used to store grain and other really stupid things. I'll take a liar over someone who believes in Adam and Eve and 6 day creation.
    Well he is better than a liar Hillary and Sanders who thinks that rich people would pay for everything.

But Carson is not a politician. He only believes what is stupid church believes in. I am Christian to a key but his church is whacked, not on the Scientology level but whacked. We consider his church a cult as well. I am non-denominational in theory by not affiliated with anyone based on my beliefs. Carson is smart but stupid and I think you know what I mean. But the people around here in Eau Claire are Carson followers because of his beliefs.

They hate Trump

I didn't at first, but now I do.

But I despise Clinton. I am okay with Sanders but he needs to tell the people something else with his GOOD intentions because in reality it won't happen.

I love O'Malley and I love Weber.

There is no Republicans I like. I did like Rubio but he is fishy to me, the others outside of Christie and Kasich, I pray for our country.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    I'd take Hillary and just about anyone in the R field over Carson and I hate the lot of them. Again, I can't take his beliefs. If you lack simple deductive reasoning and common sense, I can't trust you with making the right calls in office.

Sanders doesn't think the rich will pay for everything. He wants redistribution, that is true, but if you were confronted with the facts (American workers are more efficient than ever but not getting paid more) then you'd for sure want to try to change it. I don't agree with him on the how. I don't think increasing minimum wage to 15 an hour solves the problem it will lead to massive unemployment and inflation as well.

Got the Call to Lynchburg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    I don't think it's fascinating. It's something the republicans have been using for 50 years. They just are usually less overt about it. When you hear republicans "states rights" they really don't care about states rights, except for discrimination purposes. The people using that line also say that the Civil War was fought over States rights and believe in the romanticized South of Gone With the Wind.
    So in your view "states rights" has been a rallying cry for white supremacy? Interesting take.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrShwag View Post
    So in your view "states rights" has been a rallying cry for white supremacy? Interesting take.
    It's not just my view. It's a pretty common one

http://inside.sfuhs.org/dept/history...hernstrat2.htm

" Reagan kicked off his general election campaign at the Neshoba County Fair in Philadelphia, an annual gathering that was famous for its diatribes by segregationist politicians. His message: ''I believe in states' rights.'' "

Or listen to R strategist from that era Lee Atwater

http://www.thenation.com/article/exc...hern-strategy/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    On my way back from visiting family in Louisiana and I was surprised to see they almost all support Trump. My aunt has a small buisness printing t shirts and they got a contract with his campaign and are making over 8k of his campaign shirts a week. I wanted them to give me one of the mess ups but that's actually forbidden in their contract.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I'd take Hillary and just about anyone in the R field over Carson and I hate the lot of them. Again, I can't take his beliefs. If you lack simple deductive reasoning and common sense, I can't trust you with making the right calls in office.

Sanders doesn't think the rich will pay for everything. He wants redistribution, that is true, but if you were confronted with the facts (American workers are more efficient than ever but not getting paid more) then you'd for sure want to try to change it. I don't agree with him on the how. I don't think increasing minimum wage to 15 an hour solves the problem it will lead to massive unemployment and inflation as well.
    You trust Hilary?

Oh my, she is a liar when she opens her mouth. I can't trust her with nuclear codes, it might get leaked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    You trust Hilary?

Oh my, she is a liar when she opens her mouth. I can't trust her with nuclear codes, it might get leaked.
    I don't trust Carson with nuclear codes because he may believe he's doing God's work to bring about the second coming of Christ. Not saying that's what happens, but I've never met someone who's a believer in a young earth who was sane.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    It's not just my view. It's a pretty common one

http://inside.sfuhs.org/dept/history...hernstrat2.htm

" Reagan kicked off his general election campaign at the Neshoba County Fair in Philadelphia, an annual gathering that was famous for its diatribes by segregationist politicians. His message: ''I believe in states' rights.'' "

Or listen to R strategist from that era Lee Atwater

http://www.thenation.com/article/exc...hern-strategy/

No. that's pretty much your view and the extremes lefts view.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    No. that's pretty much your view and the extremes lefts view.
    No, it's a common view. I mean it's ignored by the Southern Republicans who it targeted. But we are dealing with a large amount of evidence mounting against it. I presume that you didn't read either link.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Someone explain to me why Trump isn't right that all Muslims should be denied international travel.
    I mean, beyond the broad and inherent injustice of it, the proposition just makes no practical sense. By what mechanism would this be enforced? Do all practitioners of Islam develop subcutaneous crescents that could be screened by visa and immigration agents during specialized pat-downs?
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I don't trust Carson with nuclear codes because he may believe he's doing God's work to bring about the second coming of Christ. Not saying that's what happens, but I've never met someone who's a believer in a young earth who was sane.
    Who said I was for Carson?

He is on the list I don't want near the White House, in order.

1. Trump
    2. Hillary
    3. Carson
    4. Sanders
    5. Cruz

Anyone but them I would consider.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    See for me it would go

Carson
    Cruz
    Trump

And that's about it. Hillary sucks, but she would basically just be 4 more years of what the last 35 has. And it's not the worst thing. Sanders and Paul are the only 2 I think would be change enough from establishment to make a real change from the white house. I don't think Paul would sign any bills and force true bipartisanship because he'd veto everything so the bills passed would have to be bipartisan, and Sanders would veto so much **** it wouldn't be funny. He'd try to get his stuff through and if he did, it would probably be quite good. But the reps in the house have a pretty firm grasp so I don't see that coming.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    The more Trump talks the more I begin to like him. He's brutally honest and I love that. Having said that this country is full of pussies and him speaking his mind will probably be his downfall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    The more Trump talks the more I begin to like him. He's brutally honest and I love that. Having said that this country is full of pussies and him speaking his mind will probably be his downfall.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-13-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    See for me it would go

Carson
    Cruz
    Trump

And that's about it. Hillary sucks, but she would basically just be 4 more years of what the last 35 has. And it's not the worst thing. Sanders and Paul are the only 2 I think would be change enough from establishment to make a real change from the white house. I don't think Paul would sign any bills and force true bipartisanship because he'd veto everything so the bills passed would have to be bipartisan, and Sanders would veto so much **** it wouldn't be funny. He'd try to get his stuff through and if he did, it would probably be quite good. But the reps in the house have a pretty firm grasp so I don't see that coming.
    Unlike you, I targeted both parties.

They both suck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Unlike you, I targeted both parties.

They both suck.
    They do both suck. But There's only 3 candidates for the dems. I like Sanders, I sort of like O'Malley, and I hate Clinton. But like Rubio, Christie, Bush, or Kasich I don't think Hilary would be a drastic shift from the status quo. I don't like the status quo but it's a lot better than living under the Sharia Law that Carson, Cruz, Huckabee, and Santorum would want.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (12-13-2015)