Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Election Coverage: Aka Every Way You Look at it You Lose.

Awaiting a Promotion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Not sure if Toma is trolling or legit heel turn.

Like I said, not even my writing style. Does remind me a lot of someone that use to write on the scout boards all the time.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Blatantly false, but whatever.
    Sadly these echo chamber things are becoming a real problem thanks to right wing nut jobs. If you say a lie enough it becomes true to the person who says it.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Awaiting a Promotion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Anyone protesting is a terrorist group by that definition then.

Man you're dense.
    You're hopeless.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    KRG is a racist, I think he'd openly admit it by now.

You forget about that massive anti-Semite thread that you started where everyone called you out on it and you went back and deleted all your posts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawking4life View Post
    You're hopeless.
    Man look at these terrorists

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    You forget about that massive anti-Semite thread that you started where everyone called you out on it and you went back and deleted all your posts?
    Being anti-Israel is not being anti-Semitic. Infact many Orthodox Jews are anti-Zionist/Israel. I deleted my posts because no one was having the discussion the thread intended and it was off the rails immediately. It had nothing to do with being "called out" and everything to do with moderators derailing a thread. But you can believe what you want. I remember when you finally pissed off AA, that was epic.

Awaiting a Promotion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Man look at these terrorists

Yeah they look hella violent. Perhaps would should post some BLM protest pictures. I'm sure it will look just as civil lol.

Oh, and write Cornell University if you want to argue about the definition, since that's where that came from. I'm sure you know more then them...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawking4life View Post
    Yeah they look hella violent. Perhaps would should post some BLM protest pictures. I'm sure it will look just as civil lol.

Oh, and write Cornell University if you want to argue about the definition, since that's where that came from. I'm sure you know more then them...

TERRORISTS!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    What you don't get is that nowhere in BLM core tenets is violence. MOst of their leaders speak out against violence. I'm sure you don't care, but the reality is that you get a number of people together to protest and the larger they get the more likely damage/violence is to happen, especially when it comes to emotionally charged scenarios like protesting the killing of an unarmed man.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-10-2016)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Looks like America is coming together in here tonight!

bravesnumberone, I think tackling the economy is going to be the biggest problem and I don't know what the solution will be. I think we'll see a new corporate tax with a less exemptions and a lower marginal rate, but if revenue collection is reduced as a result, we'll see a bigger deficit. I caught a guy on CNBC today who is a Trump supporter and he said Trump is going to unleash the banks (whatever that means). I think the last time they were unleashed, things didn't turn out so well. We are probably in the early stages of another housing bubble and if the banks loosen lending, folks are going to be harvesting their equity again and then it's Katie bar the door. I still think one issue vis-a-vis the economy and a reason the middle class feels so threatened is that they haven't been able to harvest equity to consume at the level they were able to prior to the crash. The problem is the downside of continual harvesting of equity is that if the housing market experiences another hiccup, a whole bunch of folks are in scuba gear again.

With interest rates as low as they can realistically go, there aren't a lot of tools in the tool box. Tax cuts likely won't have much of an effect because people tend to save as much or more than they spend when provided a big tax cut. That's not a bad thing, but it's not going to stimulate demand. I laud Trump's call for big investments in infrastructure and that can help provide people with on-going employment. Curious to see if Trump can convince the same Republicans to do the same proposal suggested by Obama.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-10-2016)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post

bravesnumberone, I think tackling the economy is going to be the biggest problem and I don't know what the solution will be. I think we'll see a new corporate tax with a less exemptions and a lower marginal rate, but if revenue collection is reduced as a result, we'll see a bigger deficit. I caught a guy on CNBC today who is a Trump supporter and he said Trump is going to unleash the banks (whatever that means). I think the last time they were unleashed, things didn't turn out so well. We are probably in the early stages of another housing bubble and if the banks loosen lending, folks are going to be harvesting their equity again and then it's Katie bar the door. I still think one issue vis-a-vis the economy and a reason the middle class feels so threatened is that they haven't been able to harvest equity to consume at the level they were able to prior to the crash. The problem is the downside of continual harvesting of equity is that if the housing market experiences another hiccup, a whole bunch of folks are in scuba gear again.

With interest rates as low as they can realistically go, there aren't a lot of tools in the tool box. Tax cuts likely won't have much of an effect because people tend to save as much or more than they spend when provided a big tax cut. That's not a bad thing, but it's not going to stimulate demand. I laud Trump's call for big investments in infrastructure and that can help provide people with on-going employment. Curious to see if Trump can convince the same Republicans to do the same proposal suggested by Obama.
    Yeah, I noticed that too.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post

The whole economy is a massive bubble at the moment, and there are frankly no more tools in the treasure chest for the Fed to pull... Either the laws of economics do not apply to our fiat system, or there is going to be massive economic destruction to come... Very few economic policies are going to change that without serious - and I mean serious - cuts to entitlement spending

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESP47 View Post
    We'll give them a participation trophy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    I gotta say... seeing my minority friends saying "I'm fearful for my life" is a staggering misunderstanding of what is almost certain to happen.

Are we this naive or do we just love drama this much?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (11-10-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I gotta say... seeing my minority friends saying "I'm fearful for my life" is a staggering misunderstanding of what is almost certain to happen.

I'd guess it's a little column A and column B. There are people who should be afraid of a Trump presidency, especially considering his running mate's stance on reproductive rights.

That being said, there's a few posion pills in politics, and defunding planned parenthood would cause a massive swing in the electorate for at least a cycle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts

It's one of the reasons that Trump won. The over dramatic social justice warrior crap.
    thank you weso1!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (11-12-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts

Trump doesn't really have to do much to embolden the white supremacist crowd to start openly hassling people, or worse.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-10-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    It's one of the reasons that Trump won. The over dramatic social justice warrior crap.
    Nope, give it time you'll see the simple reason he won

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    And if you want that simple reason spoon fed to you.

Look at the total votes. Donald got the same number or less than McCain and Romney.

In 2012 Romney got 2,115,000 votes in michigan, Trump got 2,277,000. A big improvement but falls well shy of Obama's 2,564,000. In Wisconsin Trump got a measley 4K more votes than Romney.

Basically if 2016 Trump ran against 2012 Obama on pure vote numbers. Trump loses Michigan, Wisconsin, PA, Ohio, and the election. THat's not factoring in outside factors of course, but it's the reality that Hillary lost because she couldn't inspire her base. Not because of anything Trump did or independents did. She couldn't get her base out to vote.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-10-2016), Runnin (11-11-2016)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts

I'm not in their shoes, but the problem with the hyperbole--a lot of it downright nasty--that was uttered by both sides during the campaign cannot be erased. Trump is saying all the right things after his win, but if that doesn't translate into some actions to assuage the concerns of many segments of the population, I can understand why they are concerned.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-10-2016)