Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast food workers go on strike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Fast food workers go on strike

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2013/07...7-city-strike/

Do these idiots realize that if minimum wage goes up then the price of everything else goes up? So regardless if minimum wage is doubled everything else in this country will double. It's amazing how much of a free loading country this place has become it makes me sick. If these people want a better job then they are out there but you do have to actually work in life to achieve that. I do understand that working at a McDonalds during lunch could be pretty hectic for these workers but it is what you signed up for right? You wonder why so many jobs are being outsourced or given to illegals.

Now I live in a small town in middle GA and most of the people that work at these fast food places are people that do drugs and fast food places don't drug test. Now I'm not saying all of the people that work there do drugs because that's simply not true and I also know that most of the people that work at the high end fast food restraunts such as Zaxby's and Chik-fil-a get paid more than someone who works at McDonalds. Also, a majority of the young people that do work at Zaxby's and Chik-fil-a are also in school. Honestly if McDonalds,burger king,wendy;s etc. shut down I wouldn't miss it it at all because I rarely visit those places anyway and when I do go to fast food it's usually Zaxby's,Chik-fil-a or Captain D's and all three are on more of the pricier side as well. I just find it hilarious that they want to go on strike yet you knew what you were signing up for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,894 Posts
    Its absolutely ridiculous. These people eff up their whole lives to get a dead end job like this and now they want us to bail them out for their own stupidity. They are complaining you can't raise a family with a mcdonalds salary. NO **** YOU CAN'T. You shouldn't have a family if all you can get is a mcdonalds job. Amazing how ridiculous people are.
    Natural Immunity Croc

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Teheran_49 (08-30-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,063 Posts
    With the fast food industry being so huge, it can't run without most of its workforce working full-time. Of course they should be paid more.

On the other hand, the quality of service has to get better too.
    Last edited by Runnin; 08-30-2013 at 07:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,894 Posts
    Thats absurd. These people have done NOTHING to improve their lives. Its a joke that their wages are going to get pushed off on us. They do not deserve to get paid 15 dollars an hour.
    Natural Immunity Croc

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    good luck to them

an industry i have given up on using cause it is ****ty food that is horrible for you

i don't care what happens to that market

if they can get ore money, so be it

if they get fired, so be it

can't for the life of me figure out who cares about this other than the fat people who will maybe have to pay more for the ****ty food they eat everyday

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (08-30-2013), gtcway (08-30-2013)

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    good luck to them

an industry i have given up on using cause it is ****ty food that is horrible for you

i don't care what happens to that market

if they can get ore money, so be it

if they get fired, so be it

can't for the life of me figure out who cares about this other than the fat people who will maybe have to pay more for the ****ty food they eat everyday
    Awesome post and dead on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    With the fast food industry being so huge, it can't run without most of its workforce working full-time. Of course they should be paid more.

On the other hand, the quality of service has to get better too.
    instead of the dollar menu, it would be the 2 or 3 dollar menu and business will PLUMMET. No sweat off my back since I won't eat that shi**ty ass food in the first place. It would put unemployment in the stratosphere though if they get their way and they shut down. I wonder if food stamps and welfare is better than working at fast food joints.......wait....never mind, don't want them getting ideas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,063 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    instead of the dollar menu, it would be the 2 or 3 dollar menu and business will PLUMMET.
    Everyone assumes that executive wages can't be adjusted as well.

I agree that anyone who eats that crap is crazy. It's nothing but grease and sugar. I can get cheaper and much healthier food in a Japanese convenience store and not have to wait.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,063 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Thats absurd. These people have done NOTHING to improve their lives. Its a joke that their wages are going to get pushed off on us. They do not deserve to get paid 15 dollars an hour.
    You're painting with a rather large brush. Holding down a job is usually part of improving your life. For some working at McDonalds is a step up.

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Wait wait wait...

So I am a worker at McDonalds. My company makes billions of dollars in profit every year. I am making $7.25/hour. I decide that I would like to be paid more. I speak to my fellow employees and they agree. We go on strike, essentially saying that we would rather not work there than be paid the money we're being paid.

What is the problem? This is FREE ****ING MARKET CAPITALISM! I have something McDonald's wants (labor). They have something I want (money). I am using my leverage to get what I want from them, in exchange for giving them what I have.

If McDonald's has an alternative, they should pursue that. If they don't, then we will likely be striking a deal. THIS IS BUSINESS.

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Who are you to say what someone "deserves" to get paid? I thought you were a free market capitalist.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Temo For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (08-30-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Temo View Post
    Wait wait wait...

So I am a worker at McDonalds. My company makes billions of dollars in profit every year. I am making $7.25/hour. I decide that I would like to be paid more. I speak to my fellow employees and they agree. We go on strike, essentially saying that we would rather not work there than be paid the money we're being paid.

What is the problem? This is FREE ****ING MARKET CAPITALISM! I have something McDonald's wants (labor). They have something I want (money). I am using my leverage to get what I want from them, in exchange for giving them what I have.

If McDonald's has an alternative, they should pursue that. If they don't, then we will likely be striking a deal. THIS IS BUSINESS.
    They aren't getting their way. If one restaurant do it than all will and costs will go up. A lot of fat people and those who are poor are going to be pissed. The executives made their money. They can fold up shop while those workers will have no place to work.

And why should they give up their bottomline, it's their business and run it like they want? Like my boss said about our owner if you don't like the wages go elsewhere and people have but only to come back and beg to get their position back knowing he pays the same as everyone else - doesn't work.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,827 Posts
    The minimum-wage should be increased, and not merely for fast-food workers.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (08-30-2013), CyYoung31 (09-03-2013)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Anyone who doesn't think the minimum wage should be increased hasn't worked for the minimum wage (at least for an extensive period of time).

Love goldfly's post. I rarely eat fast food anymore. Usually just on road trips. For those fatties who are going to be pushed to the limit because of a hike in the wages at King Wendy McDonald's, a salad bag and a bottle of low-fat dressing costs less than what you drop on a meal in those joints.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    The national minimum wage should actually be abolished.

It's so typically and irresponsibly American to believe that universally higher wages are going to result in a better quality of living.

The Scandinavian model of 'labor on demand' is fun to consider as an alternative, although highly unlikely to ever work here.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (08-30-2013)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    How do you know?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (08-30-2013)

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,827 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    The Scandinavian model of [pretty much anything] is fun to consider as an alternative, although highly unlikely to ever work here.
    You could probably just amend your statement to that.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

24. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (08-30-2013)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    You could probably just amend your statement to that.
    In all fairness, the Germans also use it ... but are considering adopting a 'wage floor' determined by unions, not politics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    It will as with price of eating and purchasing, so you are still back to square one. Companies are going to keep their bottom-line so prices will reflect the increase in wages. And like any capitalist country if you don't like the price increase go elsewhere to by your stuff.

If I am not mistaken only a few countries on this Earth have minimum wages yet we cry the most about it and yet have the power to choose where we spend our money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Everyone assumes that executive wages can't be adjusted as well.

I agree that anyone who eats that crap is crazy. It's nothing but grease and sugar. I can get cheaper and much healthier food in a Japanese convenience store and not have to wait.
    A owner of a business can do what he want under the guidelines of Federal law. He/She do not have to give into the whims of its workers as they can go work somewhere else if they don't like. The low pay jobs are easy to find and replace.