Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1345

Thread: 2016-2017 Off-Season Thread

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts
    Plouffe to the A's who now have like 3-4 3b options better than Garcia.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomabrave View Post
    Richard Justice reported on his radio show today the Braves have been the most agressive for Archer and Q. Says Coppy thought an Archer deal was close in December. Around the same time Bowman puts a piece up about us still pursuing and ace.
    Here we go again.

Pirates are supposedly offering Glasnow (#8 prospect), Newman (42), and Keller (72), and the White Sox are still saying no. To beat that package the Braves would have to offer something like Swanson, Newcomb, Allard and one more significant piece. We know they insisted on Swanson for Sale, so it stands to reason they would continue to insist on him for Q.

I also find it very interesting that the Braves don't consider either of them an Ace: "Though neither Quintana nor Archer would provide the Braves the ace they sought during their early and brief pursuit of Chris Sale".
    Last edited by Enscheff; 01-11-2017 at 12:47 AM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomabrave View Post
    Plouffe to the A's who now have like 3-4 3b options better than Garcia.
    Apparently the Braves are the only people involved in the game of baseball that still need to "see what they have" with Garcia. Expect to see a lot of terrible defense and .300 OBP production at 3b until Albies comes up and pushes SRod to 3b.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Here we go again.

Pirates are supposedly offering Glasnow (#8 prospect), Newman (42), and Keller (72), and the White Sox are still saying no. To beat that package the Braves would have to offer something like Swanson, Newcomb, Allard and one more significant piece. We know they insisted on Swanson for Sale, so it stands to reason they would continue to insist on him for Q.

I also find it very interesting that the Braves don't consider either of them an Ace: "Though neither Quintana nor Archer would provide the Braves the ace they sought during their early and brief pursuit of Chris Sale".
    All we need is to find the team that values our prospects highly though. Maybe our package is just as significant because they love our guys. I know Newcomb has struggled, but the guy could be a stud and I think a team like the Rays would value that. For Archer, I'd guess at least Newcomb, Albies, Friend and a Mallex-type piece.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Apparently the Braves are the only people involved in the game of baseball that still need to "see what they have" with Garcia. Expect to see a lot of terrible defense and .300 OBP production at 3b until Albies comes up and pushes SRod to 3b.
    That may be the plan.

We think Albies is going to be here and fast. We just want Garcia to play long enough to see Albies healthy and impact service time. Maybe you get lucky and Jace or Garcia rides a hot streak and you can dump them for a BP arm.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    I would not be surprised to see us acquire Quintana or Archer. It all depends on them, but we have the pieces to make it work without hurting us. I think the package would start off with Folty and Albies. I think we've made it clear we are not trading Swanson. I believe we have a group of guys we deem expendable and we're just hoping that someone will bite on a package of that group.

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    I've gone back and forth on this, but I've come down on the side of Albies not being traded. I think too many people are eager to see him take on MLB pitching; he is clearly not another Peraza.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
    I've gone back and forth on this, but I've come down on the side of Albies not being traded. I think too many people are eager to see him take on MLB pitching; he is clearly not another Peraza.
    I don't think there's any way we trade Albies.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    We've been linked to too many 2b to think that the Braves FO won't hesitate to trade Albies if they get an ace in return.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    We've been linked to too many 2b to think that the Braves FO won't hesitate to trade Albies if they get an ace in return.
    I agree with this.. but I still don't want it to happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Here we go again.

Here we go again, we're only allowed to discuss the reports that Enscheff deems worthy.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to zbhargrove For This Useful Post:

GovClintonTyree (01-11-2017)

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Here we go again.

If the Sox don't take that Pirates deal they are insane

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Here we go again, we're only allowed to discuss the reports that Enscheff deems worthy.
    Ready to change your signature?

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    If the Chisox were to make the Pirate deal they would have:

Giolito, Glasnow, Kopech, Keller, Lopez, Fuller, Adams, Dunning, Hansen, Stephens all in their minor league system and still have Rodon at the ML level (which if I were the Chisox, I would trade Rodon as well)

They would have 2B Moncada, SS Newman (with Anderson at the ML level), C Collins, OF Basabe

They still need some batting prospects, especially power but could add those if they shop and move the Melk man, Abreu, Lawrie and Frazier

Maybe shop Lawrie to the Dodgers maybe Lawrie for LF/2B Willie Calhoun.

Maybe shop Abreu to the Rocks or Stros: Abreu for 3B/SS Rodgers, 3B/1B McMahon and C Nunez

They could really set themselves up through their rebuild, especially since the timing of the FA markets is much better for their rebuild than it has been for the Braves.

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,029 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post

Giolito, Glasnow, Kopech, Keller, Lopez, Fuller, Adams, Dunning, Hansen, Stephens all in their minor league system and still have Rodon at the ML level (which if I were the Chisox, I would trade Rodon as well)

They would have 2B Moncada, SS Newman (with Anderson at the ML level), C Collins, OF Basabe

They still need some batting prospects, especially power but could add those if they shop and move the Melk man, Abreu, Lawrie and Frazier

Maybe shop Abreu to the Rocks or Stros: Abreu for 3B/SS Rodgers, 3B/1B McMahon and C Nunez

They could really set themselves up through their rebuild, especially since the timing of the FA markets is much better for their rebuild than it has been for the Braves.
    Beyond timing, they had better players and better contracts. But you're right, they need to go ahead and finish the job. No reason to keep Q, Melky and Frazier.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts

I think the ChiSox are ultimately going to get Glasnow, Bell, Keller and one more piece for Q, so Bell will be that power bat they appear to be missing. They will be set up perfectly to add a couple impact FAs in a couple years and be the class of the AL Central for a while.

Best thing about the ChiSox is they didn't have to worry about being "competitive" in a new stadium. They were able to trade their versions of Freeman and Teheran because of that freedom.

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    I think the ChiSox are ultimately going to get Glasnow, Bell, Keller and one more piece for Q, so Bell will be that power bat they appear to be missing. They will be set up perfectly to add a couple impact FAs in a couple years and be the class of the AL Central for a while.

Best thing about the ChiSox is they didn't have to worry about being "palatable" in a new stadium. They were able to trade their versions of Freeman and Teheran because of that freedom.
    Agreed. They have been in the perfect rebuilding spot and are moving decisively and smartly so far. If they don't balk or blink they might set themselves up for a half decade run.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Agreed. They have been in the perfect rebuilding spot and are moving decisively and smartly so far. If they don't balk or blink they might set themselves up for a half decade run.
    with who they had and with those contracts, they should have already been set up to make runs. I agree they needed to hit reset.. it just goes to show you put a collection of talent on the field and it doesn't always resonates to W's..

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    with who they had and with those contracts, they should have already been set up to make runs. I agree they needed to hit reset.. it just goes to show you put a collection of talent on the field and it doesn't always resonates to W's..
    I think they had a bad mix, starting with too many key Latin players on one team. Everyone lumps together all the Latin players into one pile which is incorrect. Within their own countries they have differences and from country to country they have differences. Then you have to account for cultural and macho differences. Add to that a couple of US guys who are strange at best and headcases at worst (Sale & Lowrie), plus a guy who has fallen in love with being admired for the big fly at the expense of all else (Frazier) and you get a talented but explosive mix.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    I think they had a bad mix, starting with too many key Latin players on one team. Everyone lumps together all the Latin players into one pile which is incorrect. Within their own countries they have differences and from country to country they have differences. Then you have to account for cultural and macho differences. Add to that a couple of US guys who are strange at best and headcases at worst (Sale & Lowrie), plus a guy who has fallen in love with being admired for the big fly at the expense of all else (Frazier) and you get a talented but explosive mix.
    basically the Human element.