Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1868

Thread: - STARTS TODAY AT 7PM - 2016 June Amateur Draft Discussion

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Here is what he said about who the 5th guy might be in the comments section:

http://tomahawktake.com/2016/05/16/a...omment-replies

"I'll be honest that I don't have the 5th. I know Lewis is the only college bat on their list, but I didn't get definite info on who the 5th is. I'm pretty sure with you on those first 4. We know the Braves like their local guys, so it could be Lowe, Benson, Trammell (please no), or Kieboom."

Kieboom's been my sleeper guy at #40 or #44 for a while now. Checks a lot of boxes - local kid, likely to move to a position of need eventually (3B), his commitment to Clemson could make him someone other teams might have to go more over slot to sign than we might.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Kieboom's been my sleeper guy at #40 or #44 for a while now. Checks a lot of boxes - local kid, likely to move to a position of need eventually (3B), his commitment to Clemson could make him someone other teams might have to go more over slot to sign than we might.
    I'm curious as to why you think this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    232 Posts
    Considering everyone that has been talked about here, watch the Braves take Josh Lowe at 3.

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    In the Jonah Keri interview, Coppy said that the Braves were talking a high schooler..
    he said earlier he wants a college bat or possibly just a bat..
    so we can take out all college pitchers and we're left with:
    Kyle Lewis (the pick if he's available), but if he isn't available which is looking at the case, I think we will try to draft two of Moniak, Rutherford, Perez, Kieboom, Josh Lowe, and Benson.

Personally, I'd be super hyped if we could get a combo from Moniak, Rutherford, Perez, and Kieboom.. just please draft hitters for the system.

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravescountry View Post
    In the Jonah Keri interview, Coppy said that the Braves were talking a high schooler..
    he said earlier he wants a college bat or possibly just a bat..
    so we can take out all college pitchers and we're left with:
    Kyle Lewis (the pick if he's available), but if he isn't available which is looking at the case, I think we will try to draft two of Moniak, Rutherford, Perez, Kieboom, Josh Lowe, and Benson.

Personally, I'd be super hyped if we could get a combo from Moniak, Rutherford, Perez, and Kieboom.. just please draft hitters for the system.
    Beware: a great deal of misdirection and outright fibs will be presented in these next two weeks. I would put NO VALUE on any comments from any team at this stage. More than at any other time, the players, their words and actions on the field will be the best indicators on who is worthy of a No. 3 pick.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    I think we need a high impact bat but if an ace type pitcher prospect is there, conversation would need to be had for that as well.

You can draft for need in football/NBA if you're a player away, but not sure you can in baseball.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    What is the actual date of the June draft (for those of us who don't follow as closely as some of you).

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mfree80 View Post
    What is the actual date of the June draft (for those of us who don't follow as closely as some of you).
    First week of June. I want to say the 6th without fact checking.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

mfree80 (05-21-2016)

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mfree80 View Post
    The first two rounds and compensation picks will be June 9, a Thursday. It will conclude on June 11. In terms of the college baseball calendar, that is the day after the super regionals are supposed to finish and in advance of the CWS. It remains in Jersey at the Baseball Network site.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I'm curious as to why you think this.
    Strictly the feeling I got from listening to him when he was being interviewed by Grant Paulsen on Minors & Majors on XM about three weeks ago. Absolutely nothing he said in those words. Said most of the things you're supposed to say in an interview like that, but made no effort to hide the fact that he's "ready" to start his professional career if "the right opportunity presents itself". Talked about how he really wanted to stay in the area when he chose Clemson. Just bits and pieces that very well could mean nothing at all.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
    Beware: a great deal of misdirection and outright fibs will be presented in these next two weeks. I would put NO VALUE on any comments from any team at this stage. More than at any other time, the players, their words and actions on the field will be the best indicators on who is worthy of a No. 3 pick.
    There are also scouts within and outside the organization that said it too.
    Braves are after high school bats for the farm system. They have a top 5 hitters list (I would think in this order- Lewis, Moniak, Perez, Rutherford, and Kieboom)...
    They want at least 2 from that list in whatever way possible..

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Strictly the feeling I got from listening to him when he was being interviewed by Grant Paulsen on Minors & Majors on XM about three weeks ago. Absolutely nothing he said in those words. Said most of the things you're supposed to say in an interview like that, but made no effort to hide the fact that he's "ready" to start his professional career if "the right opportunity presents itself". Talked about how he really wanted to stay in the area when he chose Clemson. Just bits and pieces that very well could mean nothing at all.
    Interesting. I would think if he's taken in the first couple rounds or so, he'll sign no matter what team it is, but you never know. Some guys are fine with going to college.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravescountry View Post
    There are also scouts within and outside the organization that said it too.
    Braves are after high school bats for the farm system. They have a top 5 hitters list (I would think in this order- Lewis, Moniak, Perez, Rutherford, and Kieboom)...
    They want at least 2 from that list in whatever way possible..
    Getting 2 of those would be pretty exciting. 1 of the first 4 and Kieboom is the only way I could see it working.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    Right now if it was up to me I would take/want Jason Groome at 3, Carter Kieboom at 40 and Brandon Marsh at 44.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    232 Posts
    Oh heck. I just realized that Josh Lowe is the younger brother of Mississippi State first baseman Nathaniel Lowe.

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/all-usa-...nathaniel-lowe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    232 Posts
    I think Josh Lowe could very well be a below slot option for the Braves. He's a 3B prospect at this time, but he has the athleticism to project to RF down the road. He's 6'4", 190 lbs and runs a 6.57 60. His arm is a great tool for him. He's been clocked at 95 on the infield and off the mound.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to KB21 For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (05-22-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    I wonder if Lewis is gone will the Braves go with a hitter regardless how good Groome is? Moniak seems like the best fit if they go high school hitter.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Oh heck. I just realized that Josh Lowe is the younger brother of Mississippi State first baseman Nathaniel Lowe.

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/all-usa-...nathaniel-lowe
    Yep, both Pope products. As far as the Braves taking him, I don't think there's any way we can do that at 3.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    I wonder if Lewis is gone will the Braves go with a hitter regardless how good Groome is? Moniak seems like the best fit if they go high school hitter.
    If Lewis is gone, I hope we go Groome. To me, those are the 2 best players in the draft.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to smootness For This Useful Post:

bravos4evr (05-23-2016)

Still Playing the Waiting Game bravos4evr's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    If Lewis is gone, I hope we go Groome. To me, those are the 2 best players in the draft.
    I agree, and hopefully one of the two will be there at #3. I doubt we will end up too pissed about that pick, I am more interested on our 40/44 double up. If we land Groome at 3, we could nab two high ceiling bats at those two spots and be in good shape. If we land Lewis at 3, then a prep arm and a bat come into play.... IMO , it all hinges on #3. (of course, if Groome and Lewis to the Phils and Reds, it really only leaves Pint or Puk as I doubt the Braves take a chance on Moniak or Rutheford there, which once again leaves bats to be the object at 40/44)