Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,782 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Oh, I'm sure the bottom feeders of the country will get a good deal...
    That's all libs care about.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Saw that before. That's why government would be better off basically crowd sourcing grants than giving jobs to contractors
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Oh, I'm sure the bottom feeders of the country will get a good deal...
    no doubt

the middle class and below has really come out ahead since Reagan with every president since then really helping them out

oh wait

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    "bottom feeder"
    ?

how does that go? "Judge not, lest ye be judged"
    Last edited by 57Brave; 11-10-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The Reality Of The Affordable Care Act
    NOV 5 2013 @ 11:16AM
    Navigators Help Floridians Sign Up For New Health Care Marketplace

Let’s go to Kentucky, a deep red state which has nonetheless set up one of the best systems for getting health insurance for the poor. We have heard an awful lot of gripes from those with insurance on the individual market, and those with Cadillac-style plans who have been forced to adjust. But the people we haven’t yet truly seen or heard are those getting affordable insurance for the first time in their lives. Maybe I’m a squish, but this report from the NYT helped put some of the political cock-fighting into perspective:

The woman, a thin 61-year-old who refused to give her name, citing privacy concerns, had come to the public library here to sign up for health insurance through Kentucky’s new online exchange. She had a painful lump on the back of her hand and other health problems that worried her deeply, she said, but had been unable to afford insurance as a home health care worker who earns $9 an hour.

Within a minute, the system checked her information and flashed its conclusion on Ms. Cauley’s laptop: eligible for Medicaid. The woman began to weep with relief. Without insurance, she said as she left, “it’s cheaper to die.”

What price can you put on that? Or on this:

So far, [insurance agent Donald Mucci] has enrolled just a few longtime customers in exchange plans. They include Mrs. Shields, 49, a widow who had been rejected by insurance companies because she has diabetes. She is paying $745 a month for coverage through a program for people with pre-existing conditions, but the program will end in January.
    Mrs. Shields, who has an annual income of about $17,000, qualified for a monthly premium subsidy of $232 a month. With Mr. Mucci’s help, she chose a silver-tier plan offered by Anthem that has a $2,450 deductible and a $4,500 out-of-pocket maximum. She will pay a monthly premium of $151 after the subsidy.Mr. Mucci said he would get a commission of $18 from the transaction. Before the health care law, he said, he would typically receive a lot more.

“Is it a win?” he said. “For Judy, it sure is.”

At the core of this technocratic edifice is something quite simple: the lifting of intense anxiety, the restoration of personal dignity, the chance to live better and longer, the opportunity to be free of physical pain. In the end, though I remain skeptical about whether the ACA is the best possible solution to the plight of those in such need, it is the only solution at hand. I want it to work. And I find the brutal attacks on it to be devoid of any true sense of what it feels to be alone and sick and terrified.

(Photo: Affordable Care Act navigator Adrian Madriz (R) speaks with Lourdes Duenas, who is looking for health insurance, during a navigation session put on by the Epilepsy Foundation Florida to help people sign up for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act on October 8, 2013 in Miami, Florida. By Joe Raedle/AFP/Getty.)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,782 Posts
    “I was really shocked,” said Colorado Obamacare supporter Cathy Wagner upon receiving her cancellation notice. “All of my hopes were sort of dashed. Oh my gosh, President Obama, this is not what we hoped for, it’s not what we were told.”

Wagner says the same coverage will now cost her and her husband 35% more and that they will have a higher deductible.

“Our premium for next year is going up to over $1,000 a month for two of us and we’re two fairly healthy individuals,” said Wagner.

Wagner is not alone. According to the Colorado Division of Insurance, 250,000 people in Colorado have already lost their health plans in the last few months.

Obama supporters on the West Coast are experiencing similar surprises. In San Francisco, husband and wife Lee Hammack and JoEllen Brothers, who describe themselves as “cradle Democrats,” were alarmed when they received their insurance cancelation notice informing them that their previous $550 monthly premium would now be almost $1,300, their deductible would be higher, they would pay higher hospital costs, and their out-of-pocket maximum would increase.

In a letter written to Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), the Hammacks said, “We believe that the Act is good for health care, the economy, & the future of our nation. However, ACA options for middle income individuals ages 59 & 60 are unaffordable. We’re learning that many others are similarly affected. In that spirit we ask that you fix this, for all of our sakes.”

Matthew Fleischer, 34, writing in the Los Angeles Times, said he received a cancellation notice informing him that his copays would double, urgent-care visits would quadruple, and maximum out-of-pocket expenses would go from $4,900 to $6,350.

“Needless to say, I am not pleased,” writes Fleischer. “Most young, middle-class Americans I know are happy that millions of previously uninsured people will receive free or heavily subsidized insurance under the Affordable Care Act. We just didn’t realize that, unless we had health insurance at work, we’d be the ones paying for it.”

South Carolina cancer patient Bill Elliott, who voted for Obama and also received an insurance cancellation letter, says he plans to “pay the $95 fine and let nature take its course” instead of allowing new monthly premiums over $1,300 higher under Obamacare to become a “burden on my family.”

The growing national Obamacare backlash and President Barack Obama’s dwindling 39% approval rating have Democratic politicians facing reelection worried. Next year, 33 Senate seats will be up for grabs, and 21 of those seats are currently held by Democrats, as five Senate Democrat incumbents are retiring. Last Wednesday, 15 Senate Democrats held a private meeting with Obama to voice concerns that the Obamacare fallout threatens their candidacies.

If history is any guide, they may have reason to worry. An analysis by Rhodes Cook finds that no president since John F. Kennedy with an approval rating under 50% has seen his party pick up seats in a midterm election.

Still, Obama Press Secretary Jay Carney says Democratic members of Congress remain steadfast in their commitment to Obamacare.

“Every one of the Democrats who voted for this and believed in it and fought for it, and with the president, defended it against the constant assault by Republicans and outside opponents, continue to believe in it, and believe it’s the right thing to do,” Carney said on Thursday.

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) was even bolder.

“I think actually that Democratic candidates will be able to run on Obamacare as an advantage, leading into the 2014 election,” said Schultz on Sunday.

So far, 4,200,000 million Americans have received insurance cancellation letters due to Obamacare.

Obama promised no less than 36 times that if Americans liked their insurance, they could keep their insurance.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    There's nothing to see here. Just move along sturg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Let's be square about the source of your information.
    this would be the "organization" that paid someone to impersonate a pimp to confuse and lie to ACORN workers, parsed and partially represented a Ga womans talk to landowners,hired the same guy that pfalsly portrayed a pimp to wire and bug a US Senators campaign offices and last nut not least took on the battleship Rand Paul after said ship was set adrift by no less than the Washington Times for plagiarism.
    this is the source of your article. Making you probably the last person in the US to see Breitbart as a well of reliable information

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...alth-Insurance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    There's nothing to see here. Just move along sturg.
    Actually there is plenty to see here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,782 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Let's be square about the source of your information.
    this would be the "organization" that paid someone to impersonate a pimp to confuse and lie to ACORN workers, parsed and partially represented a Ga womans talk to landowners,hired the same guy that pfalsly portrayed a pimp to wire and bug a US Senators campaign offices and last nut not least took on the battleship Rand Paul after said ship was set adrift by no less than the Washington Times for plagiarism.
    this is the source of your article. Making you probably the last person in the US to see Breitbart as a well of reliable information

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...alth-Insurance
    LOL… Dude, there's not enough time in the day to link to every source of info out there of the disaster to ObamaCare

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    not really -- the publisher to your latest link has a reputation for creating news , not so reliable sources and illegal reportorial practices.

Scratch the surface Sturg -- question everything. As in everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,782 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    not really -- the publisher to your latest link has a reputation for creating news , not so reliable sources and illegal reportorial practices.

Scratch the surface Sturg -- question everything. As in everything
    Funny - when I question everything - I'm labeled a conspiracy nutjob

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    Lol at that letter those people sent to Pelosi - we think the law is a great thing for this country! .....just not for middle income people between the ages of 59-60, of which we happen to be

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    Funny - when I question everything - I'm labeled a conspiracy nutjob
    Question everything*

* (that doesn't come from the Huffington Post)

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acesfull86 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (11-11-2013), sturg33 (11-11-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Same guy --- huh?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,782 Posts
    Waiting on Obama to shut down the system to get it taken care of…

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    "no Donnie they're not Nazi's. They're Nihlists..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,782 Posts
    I've always thought you were delusional - but you've taken it to another level.

An objective person can clearly say that ObamaCare may very well be the worst legislation of all time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,782 Posts
    By the way - less than 50,000 people have enrolled.

Much more than that, have lost their health insurance. And it's estimated that more than 52 million people will lose it.

But hey - it's a good thing!