Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Man - Good think when Joe Biden was caught plagiarizing, it ruined his political career.

Or else, he might've ended up being Vice President one day!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Took Biden 20 years and a legislative resume. Paul seems , to me, not patient to last 20 years and has shown no inclination to be a legislator. Bidens value was / is his connections to the hill both personally and procedurally. I don't see that in Paul's future

Ending Guiliani's career as a national candidate didn't hurt Biden one bit either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    You coulda just said "I hold D to a different standard so it's not that big of a deal to me" and moved on

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (11-08-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    In 1988 Biden was ostracized - by 2008 he'd done his time. What I said was I'd be surprised if Raul has the stomach to lay low and do the job for 20 years out of the limelight.

Personally I hope he runs and wins the nomination
    Last edited by 57Brave; 11-07-2013 at 03:18 PM.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    You coulda just said "I hold D to a different standard so it's not that big of a deal to me" and moved on
    Wow, this stuff is classic. I hadn't even looked at it much until today. So he published a BOOK, under his own name, that directly copied a 1300-word passage from a Heritage Foundation paper? That is just weak freaking sauce.

I mean, presumably he got paid for that book, right? People bought it, presumably for Rand's pearls of wisdom. Seriously—you're going to posit yourself as someone who is going to introduce different ideas to your party and to the public. You want to be an intellectual standard-bearer, be taken seriously as a thinker, and this is how you go about it? It kinda looks like coasting, coming as it does from someone who gives the appearance of having inherited his position.

He'll survive, though. It's not like he had years worth of racist, anti-semitic, conspiratorial garbage published under his own name, or anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Wow, this stuff is classic. I hadn't even looked at it much until today. So he published a BOOK, under his own name, that directly copied a 1300-word passage from a Heritage Foundation paper? That is just weak freaking sauce.

I mean, presumably he got paid for that book, right? People bought it, presumably for Rand's pearls of wisdom. Seriously—you're going to posit yourself as someone who is going to introduce different ideas to your party and to the public. You want to be an intellectual standard-bearer, be taken seriously as a thinker, and this is how you go about it? It kinda looks like coasting, coming as it does from someone who gives the appearance of having inherited his position.

He'll survive, though. It's not like he had years worth of racist, anti-semitic, conspiratorial garbage published under his own name, or anything.
    We get it. You think Rand is a dumb, stupid sociopath who will destroy this country.

You think Ron is a blood thirsty racist who wants to kill all the black people - even though you can't find a single statement out of his mouth that would suggest it.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Sturg, why didn't Paul return the donation to Stormfront? Every politician I can think of would have turned it down or at least played stupid when it became public knowledge that the donation happened. Yet Paul has no problem with where the donation came from and refused to return it.

I think Paul is a little bit racist but he's no grand wizard. I'm sure he's made plenty of negro jokes in his life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Sturg, why didn't Paul return the donation to Stormfront? Every politician I can think of would have turned it down or at least played stupid when it became public knowledge that the donation happened. Yet Paul has no problem with where the donation came from and refused to return it.

I think Paul is a little bit racist but he's no grand wizard. I'm sure he's made plenty of negro jokes in his life.
    I don't. I don't speak for Ron Paul. This is what his campaign said about it:

"Dr. Paul stands for freedom, peace, prosperity and inalienable rights. If someone with small ideologies happens to contribute money to Ron, thinking he can influence Ron in any way, he's wasted his money," Paul spokesman Jesse Benton said. "Ron is going to take the money and try to spread the message of freedom."

"And that's $500 less that this guy has to do whatever it is that he does," Benton added.
    Again - the man has been mic'd up tens of thousands of times. Find me one racist comment. I can find you one from Joe Biden in 3 seconds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Sen. Rand Paul warned Americans that the federal government is targeting doughnuts, the latest example of the oppressive nanny state in America.

“They’re coming after your doughnuts!” the Kentucky Republican said, referring to the Food and Drug Administration decision to ban trans fats…. Paul’s remarks came during a speech at The Charleston Meeting in South Carolina Monday night.

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/they...rticle/2538917

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    "They’re coming after your doughnuts!" the Kentucky Republican said
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

57Brave (11-12-2013), CK86 (11-13-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Sen. Rand Paul warned Americans that the federal government is targeting doughnuts, the latest example of the oppressive nanny state in America.

“They’re coming after your doughnuts!” the Kentucky Republican said, referring to the Food and Drug Administration decision to ban trans fats…. Paul’s remarks came during a speech at The Charleston Meeting in South Carolina Monday night.

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/they...rticle/2538917
    Welp, that ought a do it. It was a nice career while it lasted

I must say, for such a joke, you spend a lot of time keeping up with him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    only cuz i love ya Sturg and hate to see ya get your heart broken

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    We get it. You think Rand is a dumb, stupid sociopath who will destroy this country.

You think Ron is a blood thirsty racist who wants to kill all the black people - even though you can't find a single statement out of his mouth that would suggest it.
    No, I think Rand is a callow lightweight. Going all the way back to the beginning of this thread, my bottom line is that a vote for Rand Paul is a vote for plutocracy, not liberty. I think Ron has made a handsome living playing on the foolishness and paranoia of others. I assume it's that, and not that he's as buggy and/or racist as his associations make him appear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I don't. I don't speak for Ron Paul. This is what his campaign said about it:

Again - the man has been mic'd up tens of thousands of times. Find me one racist comment. I can find you one from Joe Biden in 3 seconds.
    Yes, playing by Sturg Rules, it doesn't count if it's in print.

So, you can find him mic'd up, plugging the racist newsletters . . . but that doesn't count, I guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Yes, playing by Sturg Rules, it doesn't count if it's in print.

So, you can find him mic'd up, plugging the racist newsletters . . . but that doesn't count, I guess.
    If you actually think Ron Paul is a racist, then you're not nearly as bright as I pegged you for

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    If you actually think Ron Paul is a racist, then you're not nearly as bright as I pegged you for
    I think Ron has made a handsome living playing on the foolishness and paranoia of others. I assume it's that, and not that he's as buggy and/or racist as his associations make him appear.
    Looks like, to me, he just said he didn't actually think that.
    Last edited by jpx7; 11-12-2013 at 06:07 PM.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I'll just quote myself:

I think Ron has made a handsome living playing on the foolishness and paranoia of others. I assume it's that, and not that he's as buggy and/or racist as his associations make him appear.

I am not engaging in any kind of supposition about his racism or lack thereof. I'm continuing to marvel at how blithely you write off the newsletters and some other of his associations, which are undeniably racist.

Ron Paul spent a lot of energy courting old-school paleocon bigots, neoconfederates, and anti-Semites. This is not even debatable, is it?

So, he's not a racist, but he's certainly willing to profit from the bigotry of others. That speaks really well of him, eh?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    I'll just quote myself:

I am not engaging in any kind of supposition about his racism or lack thereof. I'm continuing to marvel at how blithely you write off the newsletters and some other of his associations, which are undeniably racist.

Ron Paul spent a lot of energy courting old-school paleocon bigots, neoconfederates, and anti-Semites. This is not even debatable, is it?

So, he's not a racist, but he's certainly willing to profit from the bigotry of others. That speaks really well of him, eh?

Can you show me where he "courted" these folks?

Can you show me where he profited from the bigotry of others - do you have anything other than a handful of newsletters?

Because, I'd have to say, if he is racist, it basically contradicts everything he has ever said or his political beliefs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Racism is a chosen belief or a created belief. The only way to determine belief is by behavior. NOTHING in Doc Ron Paul’s behavior remotely suggests he is racist. On the contrary, he is the strongest advocate for freedom, peace and non-violence.

Who's bombing brown people in Africa with drones? Not Ron Paul. Recycling debunked and tired old garbage about Ron Paul being “racist” when he is the only candidate not to advocate killing more brown people in broken-backed third world countries to “protect America” just isn’t going to work. He's also the only one to say he recognizes how racist the War on Drugs is and has stated he'd end it and pardon all persons imprisoned for non-violent drug crimes. Send them home to their families. And he delivered minority babies for free to a low fee for years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts