Page 9 of 583 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109509 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Jr.- Daddy, got an email from your buddy Goldstone today. Says he knows someone with dirt on Hillary.

T - Fantastic. Take Jared and Manafort and check it out. And one more thing.

Jr. - What's that?

T - Don't do anything stupid.

FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Should he have informed the feds who have clearly proven to be completely partisan in their approach? If the evidence was clearly damning then due dilligence is what is required.

How could the trump campaign have confidence that the government would do the right thing. The same government that knew of the Russia involvement for months before election day and chose to do nothing.
    They "chose to do nothing" because the candidate that won was bitching about the election being rigged for weeks leading up to the election in the event he had lost. So if they say, "Russia is tampering to benefit Trump," he can then just claim it's a conspiracy to help Hillary and people like you would accept it as fact.

Con-man Trump played both sides. He knew Russia was interfering and by claiming the election was rigged against him, he prevented the feds from saying anything of substance against him for fear of giving his claims validity. Had he just not hired Michael Flynn, like Obama said, he probably gets away with it all.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CK86 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (07-13-2017), jpx7 (07-13-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    From Frank Rich's latest, Watching the Downfall of a Presidency in Real Time:

The good news for those who want to see justice done is that this scandal not only resembles Watergate but also The Godfather — albeit a Godfather where every Corleone is a Fredo and not a single lawyer is as crafty as Tom Hagen, despite the fact that Little Donald’s private attorney has a history of defending clients from mob families.

The level of stupidity of the conspirators is staggering: Not the least of the week’s news is that Kushner thought he could get away with omitting this Trump Tower meeting on the government questionnaire he filed to get his security clearance.

(The $2.5 million that Charles Kushner donated to Harvard to gain his son admission was not money well spent.)

My other favorite detail of the week (so far) is that Rob Goldstone, the former British tabloid writer and Miss Universe entrepreneur who served as the Trump campaign’s Russian middleman, posted on Facebook that he was “preparing for meeting” at Trump Tower on the day it took place.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    yeah, i'm sure it is nothing again

i mean, i'm sure it never got brought up at all

"For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Maybe it's because I don't see a difference between someone like Russia and an entity like the NYT or MSNBC.
    the feds who have clearly proven to be completely partisan in their approach
    What's totally insane is that you actually believe both of those statements
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Bless your poor, brainwashed down to your DNA heart.

Not that it matters, but here's a difference:

Russia wants to damage democracy and freedom. MSNBC and the NYT wants to preserve democracy and freedom.
    I don't believe that liberal/progressives believe in freedom. Or maybe we just define freedom differently.
    Natural Immunity Croc

8. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

sturg33 (07-13-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    A lot of lazy people do like the idea of voting for an authoritarian who they foolishly is just gonna fix all their problems. Being an informed voter is way too much work for most people.
    This is rich coming from the side that votes for massive entitlement programs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CK86 View Post
    They "chose to do nothing" because the candidate that won was bitching about the election being rigged for weeks leading up to the election in the event he had lost. So if they say, "Russia is tampering to benefit Trump," he can then just claim it's a conspiracy to help Hillary and people like you would accept it as fact.

Con-man Trump played both sides. He knew Russia was interfering and by claiming the election was rigged against him, he prevented the feds from saying anything of substance against him for fear of giving his claims validity. Had he just not hired Michael Flynn, like Obama said, he probably gets away with it all.
    So Obama put his party over the country. Got it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    I don't believe that liberal/progressives believe in freedom. Or maybe we just define freedom differently.
    Sad. Very sad. That you would equate the NYT and MSNBC with the KGB is beyond absurd.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Karen Finney‏Verified account @finneyk 8h8 hours ago

How is it not treason to meet with a rep of hostile foreign government aimed at subverting the will of the American people?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Sad. Very sad. That you would equate the NYT and MSNBC with the KGB is beyond absurd.
    What is the KGB trying to do to the freedom's of americans? Because I can list out the ways the progressive left is trying to restrict mine.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Karen Finney‏Verified account @finneyk 8h8 hours ago

How is it not treason to meet with a rep of hostile foreign government aimed at subverting the will of the American people?
    How is it considered definitive that this person is in fact a rep of russia? Because some guy from Britain said it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    How is it considered definitive that this person is in fact a rep of russia? Because some guy from Britain said it?
    Last edited by 57Brave; 07-13-2017 at 07:20 AM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    What is the KGB trying to do to the freedom's of americans? Because I can list out the ways the progressive left is trying to restrict mine.
    man...u are way out there in the swamps of paranoia and delusion

"I am your retribution."

17. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

goldfly (07-13-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    man...u are way out there in the swamps of paranoia and delusion
    Do you have an answer sir? Is the KGB going to invade the US? Is Putin going to be alive forever? I can tell you that the progressive left will outlast Putin.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Do you have an answer sir? Is the KGB going to invade the US? Is Putin going to be alive forever? I can tell you that the progressive left will outlast Putin.
    And the KGB in some form or another will exist for a long time. You really don't know much about world history and the struggled relationship of Russia with the west do you?
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    And the KGB in some form or another will exist for a long time. You really don't know much about world history and the struggled relationship of Russia with the west do you?
    I'm aware of world history. Not as much of a buff as I'm sure many of you are but tyranny begins in the form of a large centralized government in almost all situations. Progressivism and radical Islam is more of a threat to my everyday life than the boogeyman KGB.

No Russian soldier will ever step foot on American soil.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I'm aware of world history. Not as much of a buff as I'm sure many of you are but tyranny begins in the form of a large centralized government in almost all situations. Progressivism and radical Islam is more of a threat to my everyday life than the boogeyman KGB.

No Russian soldier will ever step foot on American soil.
    I would not make that bet. If resources go as scarce as they could, Alaska would work out as a nice annexation for Russia.

And I laugh at that first paragraph because Trump has espoused tyrannical views since the campaign trail. Yet you voted for him. And for ****s sake you propagate what he's sewing by bringing up media outlets when the only hope you have against tyranny is the media.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    I do have an answer. But the question is so nonsensical and absurd I'm not going to dignify it with a response.

"I am your retribution."

23. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (07-13-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I would not make that bet. If resources go as scarce as they could, Alaska would work out as a nice annexation for Russia.

And I laugh at that first paragraph because Trump has espoused tyrannical views since the campaign trail. Yet you voted for him. And for ****s sake you propagate what he's sewing by bringing up media outlets when the only hope you have against tyranny is the media.
    Oh you mean the media which was caught working with the dnc and HRC? That media that is supposed to protect us.