Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Garcia being traded to Twins

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nxun View Post
    Ynoa is #29 on BA's Twins prospect list. Burdi is #15.

Rhett Bollinger‏ @RhettBollinger
    Twins acquire Jaime Garcia & Anthony Recker from ATL. Deal originally for Nick Burdi but after issue with medicals they traded Huascar Ynoa

Believe I would rather have Burdi. This guy doesn't crack the Braves top 40
    Obviously our scouts rank them differently. Guess we'll see which ones are right

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts
    Is this Ynoa guy as good as the junk we gave up to get Garcia?

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Ynoa was BA's 14th ranked international player in 2014 and signed with the Twins for $800,000.

Here's the mlb.com snippet from when he signed: http://m.mlb.com/news/article/821544...-huascar-ynoa/

Sickels has him ranked as Twins' 14-best prospect coming into 2017. What Sickels writes: 14) Huascar Ynoa, RHP, Grade C+/B-: Signed for $800,000 in 2014; posted 3.18 ERA in 51 innings in rookie ball with 51/12 K/BB; made huge progress with command after having some problems with that in the Dominican Summer League in 2015; brother Michael Ynoa pitches in Chicago White Sox organization; fastball in 90-95 range but could get consistently into mid-90s as he matures; both curveball and changeup have plus potential; needs to build up workload but a very high ceiling and could be top pitcher on this list a year from now. Age 18, ETA: 2021.

As per the Ynoa/Burdi comparison, Ynoa is 19 and Burdi is 24. That doesn't necessarily mean anything, but Burdi's probably 26 before he would pitch in the big leagues seeing he's recovering from TJS. I can see both sides. I think Ynoa has a higher ceiling that anything we traded to get Garica, but it's always difficult to gauge the chances of a 19-year-old.
    Last edited by 50PoundHead; 07-24-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Odd return.. I think I would rather have a hurt Burdi..
    I had the same impression until I read more about this guy.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Fake news... enscheff said a good outing last night doesn't help
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandBrave View Post
    It's simple economics. He pitches better (like he's done the last 2 starts against really good teams) and his value increases. More teams will want him, thus his value increases. It's really simple.
    Who said "skyrocketed"?

If more teams now want Garcia, then Garcia's stock has risen.
    You're a moron. His value increases every time someone else calls the Braves. The more interest, the better the return. Are you really this dense?
    If teams are calling today that weren't yesterday, then Garcia's stock has risen. No one has said he's all-the-sudden gonna pull us a great prospect. If we now have choices that we didn't have yesterday, then starting him last night was obviously a good thing
    There are 8 teams "calling the Braves" on Garcia. That's a helluva lot better than 1. How do you not understand this? If there's only one team, they have you by the balls. The more interest, the better the return. Jesus man. Just quit arguing for the sake of arguing.
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Is the argument that additional demand for the same product doesn't impact price?
    We get a better prospect or at least one we like better than the twins' offer
    My prediction is irrelevant in the argument. As an economic principle do you believe demand has no impact on price?
    I have no clue. I don't study other teams prospects. I don't think we are going to get a future star, but seriously how do you not understand how things work?
    How good a prospect is is entirely subjective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    There's not many SP's out there actually.

At least none that will cost what Garcia will.

Note, im not saying we'll break apart someones farm but last nights start can only help the return for Garcia.
    You made the argument that increased demand does impact price unless additonal supply offsets it.

Then you agreed the demand has increased for Garcia based on believing reports but st star that doesn't necessarily increase Garcia value. Based on your previous comment that would lead me to believe you think the supply has ibcreased.

So who else was made avaliable because if it's nobody else then based on your logic Garcias value has increased.
    It's mind bottling someone is trying argue increased demand isn't a good thing
    So his value isn't increased AT ALL by 8 teams wanting him now instead of 1?
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ24 View Post
    Please don't ban Enscheff. He doesn't understand economics but I find him highly informative and entertaining otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    And there is only one Jaime Garcia on the market. So you may view him equal to all the other middling pitchers available. But there may be a GM who identifies Garcia as the guy he wants. If so, there's only one of him he can get.

GMs are people. People who think differently, have different opinions, and so forth.
    I dont know what Garcia brings back but teams often get desperate at the deadline.

Not saying Garcia brings back Gleyber Torres or anything but GM's will overpay to secure someone if they have to. Especially around the deadline if they feel it's the missing piece to their club.
    You guys were saying?

The latest installment of "Pozzies Know Nothing" haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Obviously our scouts rank them differently. Guess we'll see which ones are right
    Remember how dumb the braves were when they reached for soroka?

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    But with all the "suitors" this is the best...I wasn't expecting top 5 but...oh well...I'll finding my posi somewhere.....

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Fake news... enscheff said a good outing last night doesn't help
    It's simple economics. He pitches better (like he's done the last 2 starts against really good teams) and his value increases. More teams will want him, thus his value increases. It's really simple.
    Who said "skyrocketed"?

If more teams now want Garcia, then Garcia's stock has risen.
    You're a moron. His value increases every time someone else calls the Braves. The more interest, the better the return. Are you really this dense?
    If teams are calling today that weren't yesterday, then Garcia's stock has risen. No one has said he's all-the-sudden gonna pull us a great prospect. If we now have choices that we didn't have yesterday, then starting him last night was obviously a good thing
    There are 8 teams "calling the Braves" on Garcia. That's a helluva lot better than 1. How do you not understand this? If there's only one team, they have you by the balls. The more interest, the better the return. Jesus man. Just quit arguing for the sake of arguing.
    Is the argument that additional demand for the same product doesn't impact price?
    We get a better prospect or at least one we like better than the twins' offer
    My prediction is irrelevant in the argument. As an economic principle do you believe demand has no impact on price?
    I have no clue. I don't study other teams prospects. I don't think we are going to get a future star, but seriously how do you not understand how things work?
    How good a prospect is is entirely subjective.
    There's not many SP's out there actually.

At least none that will cost what Garcia will.

Note, im not saying we'll break apart someones farm but last nights start can only help the return for Garcia.
    You made the argument that increased demand does impact price unless additonal supply offsets it.

Then you agreed the demand has increased for Garcia based on believing reports but st star that doesn't necessarily increase Garcia value. Based on your previous comment that would lead me to believe you think the supply has ibcreased.

So who else was made avaliable because if it's nobody else then based on your logic Garcias value has increased.
    It's mind bottling someone is trying argue increased demand isn't a good thing
    So his value isn't increased AT ALL by 8 teams wanting him now instead of 1?
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ24 View Post
    Please don't ban Enscheff. He doesn't understand economics but I find him highly informative and entertaining otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    And there is only one Jaime Garcia on the market. So you may view him equal to all the other middling pitchers available. But there may be a GM who identifies Garcia as the guy he wants. If so, there's only one of him he can get.

GMs are people. People who think differently, have different opinions, and so forth.
    I dont know what Garcia brings back but teams often get desperate at the deadline.

Not saying Garcia brings back Gleyber Torres or anything but GM's will overpay to secure someone if they have to. Especially around the deadline if they feel it's the missing piece to their club.
    LOL still....

You guys won't admit you made 100 incorrect posts about Garia's value increasing haha?

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Da@n En!

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    531 Posts
    I wish Jaime success in his next start....this week at Dodger Stadium.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to WaitingFor2017 For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (07-24-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Bowman says twins paying the remaining salary braves looking to take that money saved and apply to a starting pitcher under control. Still in on Gray
    Get off my lawn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingFor2017 View Post
    I wish Jaime success in his next start....this week at Dodger Stadium.
    2 starts in a row? Lol

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deester11 View Post
    Da@n En!
    I think 6 different posters argued with me over 5 pages that his value increased.

Where's their explanation now???

Danville Rookie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Twins twitter says we are sending cash. Bowman says we aren't. Makes more sense that we aren't sending money. Surprised this is the best we could get. Interesting to see what they will use that $4 mil on. On the surface, would have preferred to pay his salary and get a better return.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Not trying to Posi-Brave it up too hard, but Ynoa seems like the type of prospect I'd want in the system over guys like Gant. I'm cool with the deal.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

Super (07-24-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    I think 6 different posters argued with me over 5 pages that his value increased.

Where's their explanation now???
    Who determines the value on the player just received?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Not thrilled with the return, but it doesn't seem terribly out of line. Probably would personally preferred Burdi as well, but our people must've really not liked his medicals. I remember Ynoa was a fairly highly sought-after July 2 guy a couple years back, but he's been getting shelled in the Appy League.

Since we're picking up some money (I'm guessing Recker's), I'd have offered to pick all the money up if I could've gotten Garver or Wade, but maybe they tried and the Twins weren't having any of that.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    His value went ... down. Damn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Go get Gray and trade Teheran... do it

Boras' Client