Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: We Finance Barbarism

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I love the smell of brainwash in the morning.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    You want to rob people - I don't. I believe in freedom, you don't. I believe in personal responsibility, you believe in government hand-holding.

awesome
    Last edited by goldfly; 08-04-2015 at 09:18 PM.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Disagreement about the rôle government has to play in the lives of its citizens is not the same as being "brainwashed".
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

Gary82 (08-04-2015), yeezus (08-04-2015)

Called Up to the Major Leagues Gary82's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    375 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    goldfly, zito, gary, jpx and runnin from the internet are in favor of third party entities selling body parts for profit without the knowledge of either the person who had the body parts or the mother who had those body parts in her womb.

Their defenses are as follows... Republicans don't back my liberal ideas which I loosely parallel to the issue of the OP therefore, they are hypocrites for not backing my lack of morals ethics, I don't care (Which makes you a sociopath), or here's an article from the liberal factchecks.org that it isn't for profit even though that site has a clear agenda to continue the practice and the opinions expressed in the article are absurd.

So many liberals grump about the lack of compromise and this is a perfect reason why there is no compromise and it's coming from the left just as much as the right. Clearly the best reply from the left is that Planned Parenthood needs to have a set fee on what they charge researchers. The problem is that there's no set fee schedule. Rather than try to defend this absurd position some of them have, it would be much better to fix the obvious and significant problem that exists.
    You're an idiot.

Called Up to the Major Leagues Gary82's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    375 Posts

That's just a difference between you and me. You want to rob people - I don't. I believe in freedom, you don't. I believe in personal responsibility, you believe in government hand-holding.
    You're my hero.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    goldfly, zito, gary, jpx and runnin from the internet are in favor of third party entities selling body parts for profit without the knowledge of either the person who had the body parts or the mother who had those body parts in her womb.

Their defenses are as follows...
    Republicans don't back my liberal ideas which I loosely parallel to the issue of the OP therefore, they are hypocrites for not backing my lack of morals ethics, I don't care (Which makes you a sociopath), or here's an article from the liberal factchecks.org that it isn't for profit even though that site has a clear agenda to continue the practice and the opinions expressed in the article are absurd.

So many liberals grump about the lack of compromise and this is a perfect reason why there is no compromise and it's coming from the left just as much as the right. Clearly the best reply from the left is that Planned Parenthood needs to have a set fee on what they charge researchers. The problem is that there's no set fee schedule. Rather than try to defend this absurd position some of them have, it would be much better to fix the obvious and significant problem that exists.
    That's absurd, but funny.

For the record, runnin from the internet supports a non-profit system of selling body parts and an aggressive education of the complete process to all parties involved, which would hopefully convince Republicans of the health benefits for all and allow their squirrel-sized attention spans to latch onto something more important.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

goldfly (08-04-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Guys... let's not get personal here. Thanks for clearing up your positions, because you have to admit that initially you were defending the idea that selling body parts for profit or to put toward other costs was ok. Why not maybe work towards a compromise rather than insult those we disagree with? So we agree that Planned Parenthood was clearly in the wrong here?

I get the angst against me as I was intentionally trying to hit a nerve, but I think my post was successful in exposing the true position which most of you have, which is that planned parenthood messed up here. So maybe let's fix it rather than call those we disagree with idiots? Seems a bit sophomoric to me.
    thank you weso1!

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Disagreement about the rôle government has to play in the lives of its citizens is not the same as being "brainwashed".
    My response was to 57, I stopped reading the thread beyond his last message.

Edit: But now having gone back, I made an attempt to decipher the meaning behind your comment within the context of the past 7-9 messages and am easily content with my original post, however you took it, even as 'disagreement about the role of government'.

This thread is just an all too typical uninformed, misdirected bitchfest.
    Last edited by Hawk; 08-05-2015 at 04:47 AM.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Correct, lots of folks bitching about a legal service of donating fetal tissue that they think is abhorrent when in reality, it's legal and without intimate knowledge of the process you couldn't know if they're actually making profit or not. Typical uniformed conservative bitchfest.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Correct, lots of folks bitching about a legal service of donating fetal tissue that they think is abhorrent when in reality, it's legal and without intimate knowledge of the process you couldn't know if they're actually making profit or not. Typical uniformed conservative bitchfest.
    Donating ... Haha good God.

/thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Objective reality includes the following facts:

• Planned Parenthood is not selling fetus parts for profit or otherwise.

• Only three percent of Planned Parenthood’s activities involve abortions.

• Per the Hyde Amendment, no federal funds can be used for abortions. And there’s no evidence that Planned Parenthood has done so.

• Consequently, de-funding Planned Parenthood would put into jeopardy its ability to save lives and, germane to this issue, prevent abortions. The Washington Post editorial board concluded:

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post

• Per the Hyde Amendment, no federal funds can be used for abortions. And there’s no evidence that Planned Parenthood has done so.
    :
    This one is pretty funny to me. So I get money... use it for purpose A (not abortions), then I have the money that would have been for purpose A, and use it for abortions.

I hope you're less naive than you act

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (08-05-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    This one is pretty funny to me. So I get money... use it for purpose A (not abortions), then I have the money that would have been for purpose A, and use it for abortions.
    Prove it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    No offense, but this is such an easy, lazy response.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Prove it
    Are you serious?

Any money gotten from the federal government indirectly funds abortions.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (08-05-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Any money gotten from the federal government indirectly funds abortions.
    This is always going to be the crux of the attacks on Planned Parenthood—even though abortion-services represent a very small percentage of their service portfolio, and even though study after study demonstrates that (along with better and earlier sex-education) easier, cheaper access to contraceptive options (which is a much bigger part of what Planned Parenthood provides communities) is very positively correlated with a reduction in the number of abortions per capita in a given community.

Personally, I could give a f u c k if "money gotten from the federal government indirectly funds abortions"—not because I'm callous to the unfortunate nature of aborting a fetus, but because of the two facts I stated above. (Those two facts, along with my firm belief that it is, ultimately, not my decision whether a woman aborts a fetus gestating within her body; and my further conviction that, if she elects to abort said fetus, I want the procedure to occur in a safe, sterile space by a doctor operating under legal auspices.)
    Last edited by jpx7; 08-05-2015 at 04:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    This is always going to be the crux of the attacks on Planned Parenthood—even though abortion-services represent a very small percentage of their service portfolio, and even though study after study demonstrates that (along with better and earlier sex-education) easier, cheaper access to contraceptive options (which is a much bigger part of what Planned Parenthood provides communities) is very positively correlated with a reduction in the number of abortions per capita in a given community.

Personally, I could give a f u c k if "money gotten from the federal government indirectly funds abortions"—not because I'm callous to the unfortunate nature of aborting a fetus, but because of the two facts I stated above. (Those two facts, along with my firm belief that it is, ultimately, not my decision whether a woman aborts a fetus gestating within her body; and my further conviction that, if she elects to abort said fetus, I want the procedure to occur in a safe, sterile space by a doctor operating under legal auspices.)
    And that's fine - from your point of view. We obviously have a huge philosophical difference on the role of government, so we will never agree on it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    weird

republicans are up in arms saying planned parenthood is profiting off killing babies

the nra and their friends make a bunch of money by profiting off the death of actual children and no one says a damn thing
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    No offense, but this is such an easy, lazy response.
    None taken. I'm just tapping the spirit of the thread
    Last edited by Hawk; 08-05-2015 at 05:09 PM.