Thread: Fire Frogs Roster?

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory BlackwaterPark's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Question Fire Frogs Roster?

Any idea if any of our young studs may end up on the Fire Frogs roster? I live right down the road from the St Lucie Mets stadium, so look forward to watching a Braves affiliate play there as often as possible.

It looks like Withrow, Demeritte, Braxton Davidson were on their roster last year, but sure they will move some. I assume we will have to wait it out until Spring Training?

http://www.milb.com/roster/index.jsp?sid=t503

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,492 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackwaterPark View Post
    Any idea if any of our young studs may end up on the Fire Frogs roster? I live right down the road from the St Lucie Mets stadium, so look forward to watching a Braves affiliate play there as often as possible.

It looks like Withrow, Demeritte, Braxton Davidson were on their roster last year, but sure they will move some. I assume we will have to wait it out until Spring Training?

http://www.milb.com/roster/index.jsp?sid=t503
    Yeah this won't be announced until spring training is over, but I think Withrow and Demeritte start the year in AA. Davidson seems like a good bet to repeat High A since he was young for the level anyway and didn't have a great year.

The real excitement over that roster is going to be the guys moving up from last year's Rome roster. It's going to be a fun group. I live in North Florida and am already thinking about driving down for some of their series.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    Yeah this won't be announced until spring training is over, but I think Withrow and Demeritte start the year in AA. Davidson seems like a good bet to repeat High A since he was young for the level anyway and didn't have a great year.

The real excitement over that roster is going to be the guys moving up from last year's Rome roster. It's going to be a fun group. I live in North Florida and am already thinking about driving down for some of their series.
    Wonder if Jackson starts here or in Rome. I would bet Rome with a close eye for advancement if he shows something.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    It's better to look at Rome's roster and you'll get a good idea. Allard, Soroka, Touki, and Sanchez should be on the staff. Fried may see a bump to AA. Clouse could be the closer if he doesn't get a bump to AA as well. Watts could be if he does get the jump.

Position players should include Riley, Acuna, Jackson, and Didder as well as lesser guys like Dykstra and Seymour.

That should be a fun team to watch.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Wonder if Jackson starts here or in Rome. I would bet Rome with a close eye for advancement if he shows something.
    Since we'll go right from Spring Training in Kissimee I think it'd be best to have in just stay in Kissimee with whatever instructor they have him paired with keeping an eye on their investment.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    It's better to look at Rome's roster and you'll get a good idea. Allard, Soroka, Touki, and Sanchez should be on the staff. Fried may see a bump to AA. Clouse could be the closer if he doesn't get a bump to AA as well. Watts could be if he does get the jump.

Position players should include Riley, Acuna, Jackson, and Didder as well as lesser guys like Dykstra and Seymour.

That should be a fun team to watch.
    I agree with pretty much all of this, I think it's pretty accurate.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Since we'll go right from Spring Training in Kissimee I think it'd be best to have in just stay in Kissimee with whatever instructor they have him paired with keeping an eye on their investment.
    I'd agree with this, although it depends on where he's playing on the diamond. If he's going to be converted back to Catcher, we might have to look both at which players are at which level, and maybe even hold him back again in extended to get some extra work in.

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    I'd agree with this, although it depends on where he's playing on the diamond. If he's going to be converted back to Catcher, we might have to look both at which players are at which level, and maybe even hold him back again in extended to get some extra work in.
    Extended spring makes sense for Jackson on two levels. Moving him back to catcher needs to involve lots of reps you don't want him getting in game situations. Also, would love for Chipper or someone else who did not strike out much (leaves out Andruw) to work on his mindset. Someone called Jackson a Lotto ticket, and I agree he could pay off big.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory BlackwaterPark's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    What order and levels are each of our teams again