Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Well Here It Is

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawking4life View Post
    It goes both ways. Absolutely no effort was made by the Obama Administration to work together with both sides of the aisle so to speak and unite this country. In fact, it could be pretty easily argued that this previous Administrations policies and agendas divided this country quite significantly.
    I'm a pretty big Obama critic, for a variety of reasons, but that's entirely untrue. In 2008, Obama largely ran on the reconciliation a quasi-outsider could provide to a nation reeling from the divisions of Bush's second term—on actually being that "uniter, not divider" Bush had promised to be—and he spent a lot of the first half of his first term trying pretty desperately to work "across the aisle" and with Republicans, sometimes to the detriment of his agenda and his constituency. You can attribute blame for that failure of rapprochement to his administration, or to an utterly recalcitrant opposition, or to both*, but the initial effort was certainly there.

*(Pro-tip: it's always both.)
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawking4life View Post
    Wow. You need to step away from your Russian conspiracies and step back into the real world. Apparently you didn't see the change.org petition? Or the people rallying at state capitols in a hopeless effort to sway the electoral college votes?

C'mon son. Step your game up.
    I have no theory -- in your neck of the wood did they not teach you what a question mark means ?
    Even posed the question, what do the Russians know and about whom? You are free to answer if you like
    On what planet does that constitute a "conspiracy theory"
    As if anything was to sway the Electoral College.

Side note, even if the Electoral College came to no conclusion the race would go to the House of Rep.
    making the whole notion silly.
    How inside of your knob did I become attached to that nonsense ?

I was ambivalent about the recounts and think and always have thought Jill Stein is irrelevant. To be knid

Lastly, the only arguments you seem to make are the ones where you put words in peoples mouths and attach beliefs to them they never expressed.
    for lords sake, stop it
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.