#MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    I think 2020 or so is more likely.
    Idk. The transition from mediocre 2006 to 2009, to the decent years of early 2010's gives me some hope. We were in contention for a wild card spot in 2006 and might have done so if we didn't have injuries. So 2007 to 2009 were transition years. 2014 to 2016 can be considered the same thing (hopefully) and we're actually competitivein 2017.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I think it'll be 2019 at the absolute latest. By then, all the guys currently in the system will have had time to get to the majors. You're looking at a potential rotation of Newcomb, Sims, Wisler, Jenkins, possibly Teheran still, and potentially Allard, Soroka, and/or Toussaint. And a lineup that includes Freeman, Albies, Davidson, Olivera, Mallex, and possibly Riley. And we'll have money to spend and excess prospects to trade between now and then. If we're not able to compete by then, something has gone wrong.
    Olivera is going to be about 180 in 2019.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (11-19-2015), The Chosen One (11-18-2015)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sc1767 View Post
    So I just read that criticism article and "a few years"? A few years? What does that mean? I think he is backing up. It was a couple of years, now it's a few, as he realizes how bad he has made the team. You can say "fair weather fan" but I have been one since the '80s and am about to just quit following.
    Adios. Guess you need as much work on answering questions as he does.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    Idk. The transition from mediocre 2006 to 2009, to the decent years of early 2010's gives me some hope. We were in contention for a wild card spot in 2006 and might have done so if we didn't have injuries. So 2007 to 2009 were transition years. 2014 to 2016 can be considered the same thing (hopefully) and we're actually competitivein 2017.
    I don't think you can count 2014, since it was basically a completely different team. This is the Mukaki era now.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts
    It's pretty hard to tell at this point. If Alibies, Newcomb, and Sims come in and are above average players with Wisler improving and Olivera becoming a good player and Freeman still around we could very easily compete. Or Any other of variety of names doing the same. It's just to early to know. We have a lot of potential pitching close. I really believe Coppy sees the Simmons trade as a positive for this year because he believes Newcomb will be good this year and now he is more comfortable trading pitching.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomabrave For This Useful Post:

clvclv (11-18-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomabrave View Post
    It's pretty hard to tell at this point. If Alibies, Newcomb, and Sims come in and are above average players with Wisler improving and Olivera becoming a good player and Freeman still around we could very easily compete. Or Any other of variety of names doing the same. It's just to early to know. We have a lot of potential pitching close. I really believe Coppy sees the Simmons trade as a positive for this year because he believes Newcomb will be good this year and now he is more comfortable trading pitching.
    Wood.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I hate to say it but if they would offer a Teixiera level package I think we should take it. I would ask for AJ Reed/Colin Moran/Daz Cameron/Kyle Tucker/Derek Fisher and their competitive balance draft pick. If we could add that while unloading his 100 million contract then we should do it. Otherwise the Astros can stick it.
    Isn't this the entire point on either side in a nutshell? Wherever your opinion falls on the Tex trade, don't you at least have to be willing to "listen"? If you won't, you'll never get the offer.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts
    Wood.
    Iron

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    I think we should definitely trade Freeman. Doesn't make sense to be paying him 20+ million for a couple years before we're good again.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    See above. The problem around here (recently, anyway) is that if you've voiced ANY opinion supporting or agreeing with any decisions that have been made, you're instantly labeled as a "blind follower" and any explanation of why you might agree to a point is instantly cast aside and ignored.

Glass half-full vs. glass half-empty, ya know???
    I don't agree with that at all. There are plenty of people that have both liked and disliked various moves our FO has made over the last 12 months.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (11-18-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomabrave View Post
    Iron

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Isn't this the entire point on either side in a nutshell? Wherever your opinion falls on the Tex trade, don't you at least have to be willing to "listen"? If you won't, you'll never get the offer.
    It depends on contract status. If we had Freddie long term on a cheap contract there is no way I would trade him but if the choice is between a boatload of prospects or paying Freeman 100+ million I will go with the prospects. We can always pay someone else the money marked for Freeman so the way I look at it it is the prospects + a 20+ million dollar player vs paying Freeman 20+ million a year.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

bravesfanforlife88 (11-19-2015), clvclv (11-19-2015)

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    I think we should definitely trade Freeman. Doesn't make sense to be paying him 20+ million for a couple years before we're good again.
    The Braves' now-stated position makes it clear that we would need to be blown away by an offer. If the blow comes, bring it on. The problem is so few teams need a first baseman at his going rate. Pirates (maybe), Astros, and who else? Orioles, if Davis moves on?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rico43 For This Useful Post:

clvclv (11-19-2015), JohnAdcox (11-19-2015)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MadduxFanII View Post
    Coppolella would do well to take lessons in PR from John Hart. I don't much like the guy, but there's no denying Hart won over the media about five seconds after he took the job here. How much fawning coverage did Hart get for his "honest, straight-forward, tell-it-like-it-is" answers when basically all of the quotes in question were about explaining the extent to which Frank Wren really, really sucked? But Hart's so avuncular that everything he said went over really well.

Admittedly, if your general manager has to lack a skill, public communication with the media is probably the one you want him to lack. But it is the sort of thing that can burn you eventually- Paul DePodesta basically got run out of LA by Bill Plaschke and TJ Simers.
    TJ Simers is the worst journalist I have ever read. I can't believe he sued the LA times for 7 million and won. He's a joke

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emk418 View Post
    Ouch. Not posting this because I agree or disagree but ouch

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2015/11/18/...ing-to-behold/
    good stuff

and i agree with the article

and obviously we aren't trying to win, Fredi is still the coach

not to mention that we extended him as well
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    It really doesn't. In the interview where JC promised his right arm, he also cited the Greinke trade as an example of a deal that traded a team's best player but helped it in the long run. The interviewer should really have jumped on that with a followup and asked why not Freeman if a similar return can get gotten.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Shanks should read Passan's article 3 times a day for a month.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I think it'll be 2019 at the absolute latest. By then, all the guys currently in the system will have had time to get to the majors. You're looking at a potential rotation of Newcomb, Sims, Wisler, Jenkins, possibly Teheran still, and potentially Allard, Soroka, and/or Toussaint. And a lineup that includes Freeman, Albies, Davidson, Olivera, Mallex, and possibly Riley. And we'll have money to spend and excess prospects to trade between now and then. If we're not able to compete by then, something has gone wrong.
    I would hope we could be good by 2019... That would be a 4 year re-build effort, and we would have had the benefit of trading away tons of great talent and getting high protected draft picks.

I'm just not sure the FO's strategy is sound on how to build the winner.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    The difference is we had several impact hitting prospects on the way...

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    I trust the rebuilding process. I don't trust the rebuilder.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to GovClintonTyree For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (11-22-2015)