Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves trading for Stroman?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    I've been saying that Pache is a bust ever since he had that bad 4 game stretch back in 2017. He had a hitless 3 game stretch this year which confirmed my suspicions.
    If Pache comes up in September and doesn't hit, I'm through with him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I was ****ting on Wright long before he pitched an inning in the majors. I stopped ****ting on him and was rooting for him because I want the Braves to win. If you want a statistical analysis as to why he sucks go bark up the chefs tree.

Why dont you tell me at what point we call a spade a spade. 2020? 2021? 2022? I have no problem eating the proverbial **** sandwich if I am wrong. There's been no shortage of people who gave me **** for saying Cody Johnson was so bad a pick that he doesnt even deserve the label of bust. I was laughed at for saying Scott Thorman couldn't hit. Do what the chef does and add me to your signature. If I am wrong I will be here for all of you to laugh at. If you want to declare victory at this point go ahead, I will return anything you dish out 10 fold when I am proven right.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    "Wright is a bad pick who will probably be a setup man if anything in the majors"

Cajunrevenge June 2017

"Lol he thinks a player is a bust because of 20 MLB innings"

People on the internet

Please do tell me how his MLB innings in late 2017 affected my opinion of him in June of 2017 before he had even signed with the Braves.

It’s over."

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Wright is not Kershaw and needs to stop doing the outstretched arms before the windup thing.
    Forever Fredi

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (07-23-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I was ****ting on Wright long before he pitched an inning in the majors. I stopped ****ting on him and was rooting for him because I want the Braves to win. If you want a statistical analysis as to why he sucks go bark up the chefs tree.

Why dont you tell me at what point we call a spade a spade. 2020? 2021? 2022? I have no problem eating the proverbial **** sandwich if I am wrong. There's been no shortage of people who gave me **** for saying Cody Johnson was so bad a pick that he doesnt even deserve the label of bust. I was laughed at for saying Scott Thorman couldn't hit. Do what the chef does and add me to your signature. If I am wrong I will be here for all of you to laugh at. If you want to declare victory at this point go ahead, I will return anything you dish out 10 fold when I am proven right.
    The problem with that and the point is that his stats and peripherals have been very good (maybe not great) his whole minor league career until this year.... and the only change seems to be a spike in his HR rate for whatever reason. Before this year, he didn't have a homerun problem. I speculate its the juiced ball in AAA, but if you're going to tell me a pitcher putting up FIP/xFIP numbers in the 2.50 to 3.50 range with walk rates under 3 per 9 (which is exactly what he did until this year) is the worst prospect you've ever seen in 30 years.... I'm at a loss for the idiocy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    "Wright is a bad pick who will probably be a setup man if anything in the majors"

Cajunrevenge June 2017

People on the internet

Please do tell me how his MLB innings in late 2017 affected my opinion of him in June of 2017 before he had even signed with the Braves.
    I'm sure you watched a ton of his college starts lmao

No substance in any of your posts from then... nothing to back your opinion up besides just saying words. No scouting to back you up, no numbers, no anything... so why am I supposed to be impressed?
    Last edited by zbhargrove; 07-23-2019 at 02:13 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Whatever Wright needs I do not believe he will find it with the Braves. I am so confident that he will never be anything meaningful for the Braves that I will get an "I heart yankees" tatoo on my ass if he ever produces a sub 4 era half season with the Braves as a starter. He makes Kyle Davies look like Cy Young. Literally have never seen a worse prospect come up than Wright in my 30 years of watching baseball.

I gave him 3 years without bitching about him or the pick. Cant do it anymore. Someone should be fired for picking him. He is the kind of pitcher the Royals take which was also the reason they were cellar dwellers for 20 years.
    If he does produce a sub 4 half season ERA as a Brave, we better get proof of the tattoo... but I think him and Wilson are the most likely to be traded

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts

Cajunrevenge June 2017

People on the internet

The problem isn't your initial opinion of Wright. The problem is you confirming that opinion based off of 20 innings in the majors.

You could ultimately end up being right about Kyle, but I'd wait to see a little more baseball before I shift into I Told You So mode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    This isn't I told you so mode yet, this is 24 months of holding in my hatred for the pick combined with a tolerance break from weed.

I will follow through if I am wrong but let's make sure the terms are clear. It has to be for the Braves as a SP. I am going to define the half as the all star break although I know that's not exactly half. Minimum 15 starts in the first half or 14 starts in the second half. I will give him credit if he say spends the first 2 weeks in the minors because we dont need a 5th starter for the first 2 weeks or missed only 1 or so starts in a half. Since I am the only o e with skin in this bet I am also going to say ERA and FIP under 4. Not going to use xFIP as that almost always seems higher than FIP and ERA.

I love the Braves far more than I like being right. So best of luck to him. If you want a statistical analysis as to why he sucks I can do that it just wont be right now.

Edit- and just to show you that I am more than willing to admit when I am wrong. I liked when we signed Melvin. Feel free to have fun with that.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 07-23-2019 at 02:42 AM.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    This isn't I told you so mode yet, this is 24 months of holding in my hatred for the pick combined with a tolerance break from weed.

I will follow through if I am wrong but let's make sure the terms are clear. It has to be for the Braves as a SP. I am going to define the half as the all star break although I know that's not exactly half. Minimum 15 starts in the first half or 14 starts in the second half. I will give him credit if he say spends the first 2 weeks in the minors because we dont need a 5th starter for the first 2 weeks or missed only 1 or so starts in a half. Since I am the only o e with skin in this bet I am also going to say ERA and FIP under 4. Not going to use xFIP as that almost always seems higher than FIP and ERA.

I love the Braves far more than I like being right. So best of luck to him. If you want a statistical analysis as to why he sucks I can do that it just wont be right now.

Edit- and just to show you that I am more than willing to admit when I am wrong. I liked when we signed Melvin. Feel free to have fun with that.
    No worries... I was ridiculously excited to have both Uptons... that sucked.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Well, take comfort in that you were at least half right, which beats my percentage on most things.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Whatever Wright needs I do not believe he will find it with the Braves. I am so confident that he will never be anything meaningful for the Braves that I will get an "I heart yankees" tatoo on my ass if he ever produces a sub 4 era half season with the Braves as a starter. He makes Kyle Davies look like Cy Young. Literally have never seen a worse prospect come up than Wright in my 30 years of watching baseball.

I gave him 3 years without bitching about him or the pick. Cant do it anymore. Someone should be fired for picking him. He is the kind of pitcher the Royals take which was also the reason they were cellar dwellers for 20 years.

That last bit is extremely laughable. He was the consensus top pitcher in the draft by people a lot smarter than you. And people a lot smarter than you who have watched him pitch probably 30-40 more times than you have, consistently rate him among the top pitching prospects in the minors.

It's ok to think he won't amount to much. Honestly, I've soured on him the last year or so. It's big red flag for me to see a college pitcher not be able to dominate any level since drafted. But you are way over-exaggerating here.

**Also, the Royals weren't cellar dwellers b/c they drafted guys like Aaron Crow. They were cellar dwellers b/c they failed to spend internationally and build a talent network, and then failed to capitalize on the value of the few good MLB players they had during that time.
    Last edited by Carp; 07-23-2019 at 07:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    As was I. I was most excited for BJ... dude had been a great player. It's pretty unfortunate how things turned out.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    My only pause on Wright is that he wasn't drafted out of high school. Could be a sign that he's a late developer or simply told scouts that he wasn't signing under any circumstances. I just found it odd, but admittedly don't have all the data.

I'm extremely patient with prospects, so I'm not ready to run him out of town.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    My only pause on Wright is that he wasn't drafted out of high school. Could be a sign that he's a late developer or simply told scouts that he wasn't signing under any circumstances. I just found it odd, but admittedly don't have all the data.

not long ago Lucas Giolito was an enormous bust who couldn’t pitch even in a little bit in the majors.
    way too early to give up on Wright.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

Garmel (07-23-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts

Still holding out hope on Brad Komminsk?
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts

He was both a bit of a developmental guy and strongly committed to Vanderbilt.

From what I understand, Vandy's endowment allows them to give grants to all incoming students, which lets the program essentially be able to offer the equivalent of a full scholarship to just about anyone they want.

Just ran across an article on their class that year. Here is who they had committed:

Touki Touissant
    Cody Reed
    Dylan Cease
    Justus Sheffield
    Jeren Kendall
    Kyle Wright
    Isan Diaz

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Southcack77 For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (07-23-2019)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts

To be fair both the GM and Scouting Director responsible for that pick are no longer with the Braves

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    If he does produce a sub 4 half season ERA as a Brave, we better get proof of the tattoo... but I think him and Wilson are the most likely to be traded
    Whoa whoa whoa...let's hold off on that proof. Not all of us want to see cajun's nether regions.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Still holding out hope on Brad Komminsk?
    Absolutely. I'm still envisioning a Brad Komminsk/Albert Hall/Andres Thomas-centric dynasty.