Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: GDT 4/16; On the Menu: CAJUN FRIED SNAKEMEAT.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I agree with you Dr. Scheff. Please not making fun of you. I actually like you.

Add Kimbrel, 13/39.

I don't know if it is enough, but that is what he deserves.

He lost some games for Boston in high intense situations. We don't need that right now. I still have come confidence in our pitching coach, but they are still pitching scared. When almost everyone in your bullpen throws 96 to 99 and have some secondary pitch, he is not teaching them right when they walk everyone.

A lot of teams have our hard throwers and don't have this issue. QUIT EFFING WALKING PEOPLE. They in end bite you in the butt as you have learned. CHALLENGE THEM. They hit it out of the park, so be it, just don't walk people in front of them.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Fried's FA velocity was down more than 1 mph from his previous 2 starts. Something worth monitoring.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Fried's FA velocity was down more than 1 mph from his previous 2 starts. Something worth monitoring.
    No doubt.I noticed it went down significantly after the 1st inning when the trainers were talking to him.
    He went from touching 95-96 to 91-92.
    Since the Braves let him go back out I’m sure it’s nothing major but definitely something to keep an eye on.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    none of these guys help you right now.
    there's probably a reason no one has signed Madson despite lots of teams having bad bullpens at the moment.
    CK and Norris are weeks out. you don't even know how effective Norris can be. granted, the same could be said for the guys we're talking about moving there.

in what world are norris and madson "big upgrades" even in the best case scenario? Madson might be a big upgrade, but not one team wants him? come on.
    Key word is COULD be big upgrades and that's based on past performance.

And yes, obviously they don't help us for 2-3 weeks if signed today, but we need help in the pen regardless. We aren't going to magically transform into a great pen with the pitchers we currently have, and Norris and Madson should come cheap with a good bit of upside. I'd rather not mess with the development of our good starting prospects when there are good options still available in FA.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Norris, and Madson especially, could probably more easily be just as bad as our current options, or worse, than be legitimate upgrades. certainly a much better chance of being worse than being "big additions."
    Past performance disagrees with you. And you miss the point, which is that both pitchers should come rather cheap at this point. If they crap the bed, we're not out much. I doubt either pitcher is worse than what we currently have, which is pretty bad.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Past performance disagrees with you. And you miss the point, which is that both pitchers should come rather cheap at this point. If they crap the bed, we're not out much. I doubt either pitcher is worse than what we currently have, which is pretty bad.
    past performances for a 34 year old and 38 year old RP, one of which has been released and not signed, and the other zero teams have signed at all despite bad bullpens being rampant in the early season?

again, "could" be big additions means nothing when it's a higher chance that they are currently *worse* than what the braves have right now. in fact, i'd say it's a slim, slim chance either of them are *big* additions. anyone in the braves current BP would be signed before madson if released. norris may be ok, but he was initially let go because the team thought he was weeks away at best. sorry, this is clear overreaction. and while the BP certainly needs help...these two guys, especially madson, very likely ain't it.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

NL Rookie of the Year Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Didn’t someone sign Norris?

Arbitration Eligible Freshmaker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acuña’s Bat Flip View Post
    Didn’t someone sign Norris?
    Player Note Thu, Apr 11
    According to MLB Network's Jon Heyman, the Nationals' agreement with free agent reliever Bud Norris has fallen through.
    Advice: Norris agreed to a minor league contract with Washington this past Tuesday, but during the pre-signing physical it became clear that the veteran right-hander was probably still a month away from being fully recovered from the forearm injury he suffered in Blue Jays camp this spring. Norris should be able to latch on with a team -- perhaps the Nats -- once he's in better shape health-wise. The 34-year-old posted a 3.59 ERA and 67/21 K/BB ratio in 57 2/3 innings last season for the Cardinals while earning 28 saves.