Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: We Finance Barbarism

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary82 View Post
    I'd figure conservatives would be for this.
    Exactly.

Oversell guns and weaponry to our citizens and the world. Great idea.

Privatize the prison system for big bucks. Great idea.

Privatize education and leave public schools unfunded. Cool!

Contract wars to mercenaries who don't have to follow international law. Ingenius.

Gated communities with private security. Absolutely. We'll make a killing.

Privatize Medicare. Of course.

Sell out our democratic process to the highest bidder. The business of America IS business.

Hey, instead of throwing this blood and goo in the incinerator, let's see if we can sell it to medical research. OMG! Are you nuts? Quick, give me the video camera. Fox News will pay 6 figures for this.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (08-03-2015), goldfly (08-02-2015)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Where's the unlike button? You wouldn't care if a funeral home sold your Mom's body parts to make a profit outside of your knowledge?
    i don't think we have an unlike button but i will check with management and get back to you

that isn't what is happening but my mom is an organ donor so she won't be buried with all her body parts anyway
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Yup. Treating abortion like a business is disgusting.
    we treat health care in this country like a business

why not this?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    The monetary aspect is what most people are upset about, I hope. That is repugnant to me on a number of levels.

'Human' organ donation isn't a for-profit venture, why should fetuses be?
    are we taking parts off this fetus and putting it on another fetus?

if so, i think you can compare it to human organ donation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    There was a Pride parade here yesterday and I saw a Planned Parenthood float.
    congrats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    we treat health care in this country like a business

why not this?
    I don't believe the comparison with the two is valid.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    I don't believe the comparison with the two is valid.
    i asked a question of why not

and then replied with this and didn't answer

why can health care be ran like a business for profit but abortion can't be?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    i asked a question of why not

and then replied with this and didn't answer

why can health care be ran like a business for profit but abortion can't be?
    Because healthcares objective it to keep people alive while abortion is killing something. Whether you believe it to be a human or not its definitely something that was once living and is no longer.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    are we taking parts off this fetus and putting it on another fetus?

if so, i think you can compare it to human organ donation
    However you want to justify it. I have no idea what you are getting at.
    Last edited by Hawk; 08-02-2015 at 08:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    goldfly, zito, gary, jpx and runnin from the internet are in favor of third party entities selling body parts for profit without the knowledge of either the person who had the body parts or the mother who had those body parts in her womb.

Their defenses are as follows... Republicans don't back my liberal ideas which I loosely parallel to the issue of the OP therefore, they are hypocrites for not backing my lack of morals ethics, I don't care (Which makes you a sociopath), or here's an article from the liberal factchecks.org that it isn't for profit even though that site has a clear agenda to continue the practice and the opinions expressed in the article are absurd.

So many liberals grump about the lack of compromise and this is a perfect reason why there is no compromise and it's coming from the left just as much as the right. Clearly the best reply from the left is that Planned Parenthood needs to have a set fee on what they charge researchers. The problem is that there's no set fee schedule. Rather than try to defend this absurd position some of them have, it would be much better to fix the obvious and significant problem that exists.
    Last edited by weso1; 08-02-2015 at 10:10 PM.
    thank you weso1!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

Hawk (08-02-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    I'm skeptical that that's the case.
    I disagree with Hawk's wording, but I don't think that's what you were getting at. The pro life folk have constantly put out rather shocking imagery and yet the general public has not had much of a change in their opinion. So why hasn't that had an effect up until now? This present example strikes a nerve not because of monetary reasons, but because of ironically, choice. I think most people want to choose to allow another entity to benefit themselves at the expense of others.
    Last edited by weso1; 08-02-2015 at 10:09 PM.
    thank you weso1!

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    jpx [... is] in favor of third party entities selling body parts for profit without the knowledge of either the person who had the body parts or the mother who had those body parts in her womb.
    Truly epic job putting words in my mouth and imputing opinions to me that I've never expressed.

Clearly the best reply from the left is that Planned Parenthood needs to have a set fee on what they charge researchers. The problem is that there's no set fee schedule.
    I entirely agree with this. There also obviously needs to either be a consent-form, a readily available opt-out waiver, or something of that nature for all women who find themselves in need of Planned Parenthood's most dire of services but also aren't comfortable with the unfortunate visceral results of that service being sold or otherwise conveyed elsewhere for research purposes.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (08-03-2015), Hawk (08-02-2015)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I disagree with Hawk's wording, but I don't think that's what you were getting at. The pro life folk have constantly put out rather shocking imagery and yet the general public has not had much of a change in their opinion. So why hasn't that had an effect up until now? This present example strikes a nerve not because of monetary reasons, but because of ironically, choice. I think most people want to choose to allow another entity to benefit themselves at the expense of others.
    Which part?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Which part?
    I disagreed with the word monetary. I think that word has the stigma of being attached to money. I don't think it's about money, but about choice.
    thank you weso1!

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    my lack of morals ethics
    Talk about kettle/black. Since my "moral ethics" don't correspond to yours, surely I must wholly lack them? Sorry, but you don't have a monopoly on either morality or ethics.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Truly epic job putting words in my mouth and imputing opinions to me that I've never expressed.

I entirely agree with this. There also obviously needs to either be a consent-form, a readily available opt-out waiver, or something of that nature for all women who find themselves in need of Planned Parenthood's most dire of services but also aren't comfortable with the unfortunate visceral results of that service being sold or otherwise conveyed elsewhere for research purposes.
    I'm glad you agree with my last point. I think Planned Parenthood should step up to the plate here and maybe just say, yeah we made a mistake and this is how we're going to fix it. The fee schedule is also important because it ensures that there won't be scrupulous characters charging extra to alleviate costs in other areas or even worse charging extra to benefit themselves without the consent of the Mother.

Now, I personally think Planned Parenthood should be defunded, but I'd be much more considerate of their point if they were more honest about some of their unethical loopholes.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Talk about kettle/black. Since my "moral ethics" don't correspond to yours, surely I must wholly lack them? Sorry, but you don't have a monopoly on either morality or ethics.
    I guess I should have put that comment in quotes, but I didn't mean my personal moral ethics, but rather a certain poster on this site who was projecting his ethics on others. And actually I think I edited that and original typed morals, but meant to change it to just say ethics and forgot to delete the word moral. Anyhoo I didn't state my own ethics as absolute, but was grumping about runnin stating his ethics as absolute. And using those ethics to point conservatives out as hypocrites.
    thank you weso1!

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Because healthcares objective it to keep people alive while abortion is killing something. Whether you believe it to be a human or not its definitely something that was once living and is no longer.
    And the research done from aborted fetal tissue can save lives.

Here's another article

http://time.com/3973400/fetal-tissue-donation-abortion/
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I disagreed with the word monetary. I think that word has the stigma of being attached to money. I don't think it's about money, but about choice.
    I see that too (the choice aspect) -- but when we're talking about potentially well over a billion dollars changing hands every year in fetus trade I think the monetized elements of the practice deserve stigmatization. Clearly we aren't talking about transportation/storage/facilities fees here, either.
    Last edited by Hawk; 08-02-2015 at 11:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Makes no sense

But whatever