Results 9,981 to 10,000 of 14871

Thread: NBA Thread

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    The Bulls needed that.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Just thinking, what a terrible play call, Gasol should just go up. Moore drained open 3 of course.
    Yea, my thoughts went pretty similarly: Go up, Gasol—what the hell?!—OH DAMN: nice!

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Can't believe Etwan Moore won the game. Absurd.
    Every game some no-namer goes off vs OKC, not even surprised anymore by it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Well, an open Moore 3 is going to be made a heck of a lot more than a contested long 2 from Westbrook.
    Don't disagree with that but Moore just had his best game of the year. Bulls took advantage of a tired Thunder team in that 4th quarter along with Westbrook still not trusting his teammtes down the stretch.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Don't disagree with that but Moore just had his best game of the year. Bulls took advantage of a tired Thunder team in that 4th quarter along with Westbrook still not trusting his teammtes down the stretch.
    That has been a criticism I have from Brooks. He plays Westbrook and Durant wayyyyy too much. What did RW play last night! 45 minutes?

Pop is a master at it.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    Bulls are so well coached. Everybody on that team knows what they are supposed ot do on the floor. That management group would be stupid to let Thibs go.
    If the Bulls get rid of Thibodeau (or "let him go"—effectively the same thing as getting rid of him, since he's under contract for a few more seasons), I will seriously find another team. I mean, to jettison Thibodeau would be even more stupid than not firing Fredi. I'd still be a Noah/Butler/Rose/Gibson/Gasol fan, but dumping Thibodeau would pretty much be the last straw as far as Reinsdorf/Paxson/Forman go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    That has been a criticism I have from Brooks. He plays Westbrook and Durant wayyyyy too much. What did RW play last night! 45 minutes?

Pop is a master at it.
    Westbrook isn't close to the top minutes in the league this year per game so he has been managed better. They are trying to get as many wins as possible until KD comes back. They lost this game because they let the Sixers hang around yesterday. They just didn't have any gas left in hte tank.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    If the Bulls get rid of Thibodeau (or "let him go"—effectively the same thing as getting rid of him, since he's under contract for a few more seasons), I will seriously find another team. I mean, to jettison Thibodeau would be even more stupid than not firing Fredi. I'd still be a Noah/Butler/Rose/Gibson/Gasol fan, but dumping Thibodeau would pretty much be the last straw as far as Reinsdorf/Paxson/Forman go.
    Pretty much everyone thinks he's gone, Bulls beat writers to national writers.

Would be dumb, not gonna argue that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    There would be a feeding frenzy if he was available for sure.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Pretty much everyone thinks he's gone, Bulls beat writers to national writers.

Would be dumb, not gonna argue that.
    I still think it's smoke—and I hope I'm right. But like I said: if they push out a coach like Thibodeau, I would be entirely done with the current ownership/management.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    There would be a feeding frenzy if he was available for sure.
    What could another team trade the Bulls that would begin to compensate for what they'd lose without Thibodeau? I guess Boston is flush with first-rounders if they wanted to bring him back for the re-build? Still can't see it working out for the Bulls—and it'd be damn ****ing stupid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I still think it's smoke—and I hope I'm right. But like I said: if they push out a coach like Thibodeau, I would be entirely done with the current ownership/management.
    Didn't they essentially push out Jackson/Jordan?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Fredi and Thibs are both great managers.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    What could another team trade the Bulls that would begin to compensate for what they'd lose without Thibodeau? I guess Boston is flush with first-rounders if they wanted to bring him back for the re-build? Still can't see it working out for the Bulls—and it'd be damn ****ing stupid.
    Boston is probably one of the few teams that wouldn't try and get Thibs. Stevens has done a hell of a job.

Wish OKC would get him but they won't upset the apple card in KD's final season before free agency since he and Westbrook love Brooks.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Stevens has done a great job there.

All things considered.

Unless he went back to college to coach.

A 1st rounder and player is probably what they'd get in a trade unless they just parted ways outright. Still not sure why the FO doesnt get along with Thibs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    Still not sure why the FO doesnt get along with Thibs.
    Paxson is an egomaniac, who for some reason has free reign under Reinsdorf (who's much more interested in his pet-project White Sox than the hand-over-fist money-maker that is the Bulls); Forman is mostly an intermediary lackey for Paxson. All probably feel, to varying extents, that they've provided Thibodeau a team with which he can have success; and while it's true the Bulls have legitimate talent, everyone outside the organization can discern the immense postive impact Thibodeau has had.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    I hope there's no ultimate falling out with Thibodeau, because otherwise there is a lot to look forward to with the Bulls. For instance: ****ing Mirotić, you guys. He has stepped up big since the All-Star break, and even bigger since the injuries hit—and tonight was especially big, getting to the line and doing work despite his shots not falling. Not to go all [MENTION=7]thethe[/MENTION], but it's crazy how skilled he is and how multi-faceted his game is, given his size; I expected him to be refined for a rookie, seeing as he'd played for several years with Real Madrid, but he's able to do a lot more on the court than I ever expected (handles, passing, competent defense)—and now he's becoming a confident killer in the fourth-quarter.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Lakers/Kings Game 7.

Lakers/Celtics Game 7 and many others.

Do i have to mention the lottery as well, questionable things there.
    You posited this as fact. It is not a fact that the Kings Lakers series was fixed. That narrative arose after the Donaghy scandal. This is a conspiracy theory. What other games can you think of that we're fixed? Try to come up with examples that aren't 15 years old.

There's zero evidence to suggest any draft ever was fixed. Zero. At least with Kings/Lakers you could point to some shaky calls, but the draft you have nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    You posited this as fact. It is not a fact that the Kings Lakers series was fixed. That narrative arose after the Donaghy scandal. This is a conspiracy theory. What other games can you think of that we're fixed? Try to come up with examples that aren't 15 years old.

There's zero evidence to suggest any draft ever was fixed. Zero. At least with Kings/Lakers you could point to some shaky calls, but the draft you have nothing.
    Stop arguing with the hopeless.
    The Atlanta Braves signed Nick Markakis for 4/45 - Never forget 12/3/2014

"Klay Thompson > James Harden" - Heyward

"Chris Bosh is the MVP of the Miami Heat" - Heyward

"Hibbert is better than Dwight Howard"- Heyward

"Steven Adams will be a top 10 center in two years - thethe

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in