Page 51 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 414950515253611011515511051 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 22913

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    It's not an opinion. Watch SS when they show the plays side by side. In SS he runs and whacks the defender and is in his route, at that same time he was in mid engage and pushing off Jimmy Smith.

In the end it's all irrelevant cause Crabtree committed a foul and Smith committed a foul, they're offsetting good no call by the refs. Maybe if Crabtree just ran his route instead of trying to push off Smith to create separation he makes that catch? Still doubt it since catching a ball in the sports science lab is hardly like doing it when you're worried about getting hit and have all the pressure in the world on your shoulders.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Here's the screen grab btw

Notice in the SS (right obv) he's already starting his fade route. In the real play he's yet to engage Jimmy Smith. They're not testing the same control. If they wanted to test the control perfectly they would have started from the second of impact and had him turn run and track the ball that's already in the air. And see if he can catch a ball on the edge of the endzone in the superbowl.

Thank you thethe for letting me prove your blind biases yet again. It's always a pleasure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Even ignoring the screen grab as damning evidence the irony is that this just shows you don't understand what inside technique is and you posting about SS is just proving that the SB was lost because of Crabtree being a fool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    SS judges angles/acceleration/velocity using high tech equipment. They do this for a living. their opinion based on their extensive research is much more valuable than yours. That's why they have spots on ESPN and you don't. Stop pretending to know more than everyone else.

SS > > > > > > > Zito
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    So how do you explain what I just clearly showed for everyone here that in the real play Crabtree wasn't in his route at the same as he was in SS test. At the time he was already running his fade. He had YET to engage Jimmy Smith.

All this proves is 2 things in reality. In a highly controlled no pressure situation (aka not the Superbowl and with no men covering him) Crabtree can catch a fade on the sideline, and Crabtree screwed up by instead of just running his route he engaged Smith so he could push off of him.

Congrats thethe you proved that Crabtree (not the refs) cost the Niners a Superbowl chance. I find it sad that Niners fans watch that play and still blame the refs.

FWIW this is Jimmy Smith's take on it

"“He ran directly into me,” Smith said of Crabtree in an interview on ESPN 102.3 in Denver, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “I had inside leverage. He ran into me. So once he did that and tried to push off . . . I had to make contact. That was on him. He didn’t run a fade; he didn’t get away. He could have just ran and pivoted out or faded away from the ball, but he didn’t. He ran into me so he could make contact to push off to create separation, and I didn’t let that happen.”"

“He likes to run into you and then push you off,” Smith said. “I’m kind of taught to not let that happen. . . . And that’s the kind of way the game was played that day so the refs just let it play out that way.”

Thethe is already in midseason getting owned mode. You're really cranking it this preseason. Putting in work early.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    First off, contact is somewhat allowed within the five yard range and that is where the initial contact took place. However, as Crabtree was trying to run away Smith was holding onto to him past that five yard marker. You continue to not acknowledge the difference in the rules within five yards and outside of five yards. This is the same mistake that you made with the NFC Championship game.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    1. Crabtree wasn't trying to run away he was trying to push off. Anyone with 2 eyes knows what he was doing there.

2. Holding and DPI don't have a yard limit. Never said Bowman made illegal contact with Roddy I said he held him (see Roddy not able to get his hand free) and borderline DPI'd him (to me it looks like he hit White's arm before the ball got there)

3. This isn't about the actual play, this is about the SS thing you're using as DAMNING evidence that it was a catchable ball, when it wasn't. Sure in an ideal situation it was catchable, but that doesn't factor in Crabtree's great desire to push off Jimmy Smith which clearly indicated a different play. Watch the side by sides of the play, do they look different to you? Because if you look at them they're clearly different.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    1. Crabtree wasn't trying to run away he was trying to push off. Anyone with 2 eyes knows what he was doing there.

2. Holding and DPI don't have a yard limit. Never said Bowman made illegal contact with Roddy I said he held him (see Roddy not able to get his hand free) and borderline DPI'd him (to me it looks like he hit White's arm before the ball got there)

3. This isn't about the actual play, this is about the SS thing you're using as DAMNING evidence that it was a catchable ball, when it wasn't. Sure in an ideal situation it was catchable, but that doesn't factor in Crabtree's great desire to push off Jimmy Smith which clearly indicated a different play. Watch the side by sides of the play, do they look different to you? Because if you look at them they're clearly different.
    Kaep threw that ball to the exact spot he was supposed to. He doesn't have time to determine if Crab was being held. The ball was absolutely catchable and if there is no excessive holding then it would have been evident. And no, there is no yard limit on those penalties but the leniency given to players for contact within five yards is greater than it is beyond the five yard marker.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    I will take a clear missed hold or block in the back on the kickoff return over the pass to Crabtree. Oh or that corner who pushes a ref and isn't ejected. Making any contact with an official is automatic ejection and a fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    I will take a clear missed hold or block in the back on the kickoff return over the pass to Crabtree. Oh or that corner who pushes a ref and isn't ejected. Making any contact with an official is automatic ejection and a fine.
    Yeah, it was pretty crazy how the refs called that game. Ultimately, the 49ers should have still won and they choked it away which hurts because you don't get many chances at a super bowl but I still get upset thinking about the horrid calls in that game.
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    OPINION ALERT!!!!

I'll go with sports science that does this for a living with advances technology to back up their statements as opposed to your knowledge based off an eagles practice.
    LOL. My roommate is one of the video editors for Sports Science and interacts with Brinkus almost weekly. I can assure you, the SS guys will definitely mold the results to fit their story/audience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Kaep threw that ball to the exact spot he was supposed to. He doesn't have time to determine if Crab was being held. The ball was absolutely catchable and if there is no excessive holding then it would have been evident. And no, there is no yard limit on those penalties but the leniency given to players for contact within five yards is greater than it is beyond the five yard marker.

Again for the second time. The real game Crabtree didn't run the play that they were making in SS. Hell it's impossible to prove that the release times and hangtimes were accurate as well. In the real game situation that ball was not catchable. If you watch that play it's not close to catchable. And again the best you can hope for is offsetting fouls and replaying of the down. BNut the reality is that play that Crabtree couldn't make because he chose to engage Smith. When you're reffing a football game you can't just blanket say if X didn't happen then it would have been catchable, you have to weigh everything and the refs watching that play I'm sure saw Crabtree engage Smith (remember he started the contact) and then try to push off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    If you watch the play Smith is the first one to make contact with his right hand so Crab is not the one who made initial contact.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Corner should have been ejected, but I'm sure they let it slide because of it being the superbowl. The hold on the kickoff is beyond stupid. The guy that was being held wasn't gonna make a play because his back was to the play. Smart no call by the refs. Not to mention literally every kickoff ever has a hold on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    If you watch the play Smith is the first one to make contact with his right hand so Crab is not the one who made initial contact.
    Lol sure you can make that nano second judgement. Look at Crabtree square up to Jimmy Smith. He could have just turned and ran his fade but no he had to push off cause tha'ts Michael Crabtree way. He's a pushoffer. Probably honed his skill even more learning from Moss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Lol sure you can make that nano second judgement. Look at Crabtree square up to Jimmy Smith. He could have just turned and ran his fade but no he had to push off cause tha'ts Michael Crabtree way. He's a pushoffer. Probably honed his skill even more learning from Moss.
    No, the initial contact was made by Smith. YOu can't say what would have happened had Smith not made that intial contact. Crab was being held from the very beginning and literally had to forcefully push off of him eventually because of how much he was being held. Crabtree was trying to enter into his route and was not allowed to do so. You continually asserted that Crab made the initial contact and you are wrong.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    No, the initial contact was made by Smith. YOu can't say what would have happened had Smith not made that intial contact. Crab was being held from the very beginning and literally had to forcefully push off of him eventually because of how much he was being held. Crabtree was trying to enter into his route and was not allowed to do so. You continually asserted that Crab made the initial contact and you are wrong.
    Oh my god, that's the funniest thing I've ever read. You just defended Crabtree's OPI. You're level of insanity has reached a whole new level of homerism. Seriously if Crabtree ran the same thing he ran in SS and was held you'd have a case but he didn't.

Maybe the slower speed he ran wasn't just cause he was held, but also because he squared up to Jimmy Smith

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    This argument is dumb. There is no way you can recreate exactly what happened that day. I haven't watched, but if you look at those 2 gifs, the plays arent comparable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    LOL at sports science proving this in any way, shape, or form.
    Come on man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    "I truly believe Colin Kaepernick could be one of the greatest quarterbacks ever," Jaworski said Wednesday on ESPN. "I love his skill set. I think the sky's the limit."
    Natural Immunity Croc