Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Taubman

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    (who I am 100% sure is a Trumpkin, and I would bet any amount of money on it being true)
    it's funny how often and exuberantly reveal themselves...and usually in gross ways.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    What did he do again?

Make a statement that offended someone?

I don't care about the Astros. Everyone should always be truthful and never hide anything so the argument against them is different.
    ...you don't know what he did...?
    he yelled, cussing, at a group of female reporters (some that covered Osuna's beating of a woman) specifically about Osuna. that is not "making a statement that offended someone."
    you can sit there and feign naivete over why he did what he did and said what he said to specific people, but i won't.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    sheesh, people these days so offended over the beating of a woman. back in my day, the woman got back in the kitchen like a GOOD woman and shut up about it, and i told my work buddies how she got out of line and they all nodded and agreed!
    MAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    he yelled, cussing, at a group of female reporters (some that covered Osuna's beating of a woman) specifically about Osuna. that is not "making a statement that offended someone."
    you can sit there and feign naivete over why he did what he did and said what he said to specific people, but i won't.
    So the the group of reporters can't be in a room with someone who says certain things that may or may not be directed at them? That was the crime?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    sheesh, people these days so offended over the beating of a woman. back in my day, the woman got back in the kitchen like a GOOD woman and shut up about it, and i told my work buddies how she got out of line and they all nodded and agreed!
    MAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    A statement of commending a signing of a domestic violence abuser is an endorsement of domestic abuse?
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Okay, but Taubman didn’t commit a crime. So how can the legal system handle it? He’s seriously suggesting that there shouldn’t be repercussions from the team after an employee did something terrible while actively representing the team at the workplace. He should try doing something like that at his office and see how it goes over with his employer. I don’t think they’d be as forgiving as the Astros appear to be.
    Don't get me wrong, if you want to agitate to get the guy fired that's fine with me. It's a free country for the moment.

I think the guy acted like an unprofessional dickhead. If the Astros want to fire him for that, fine. If they don't, I don't think really think anything he did was particularly "terrible."

I get that some folks believe that players should get lifetime bans for running afoul of certain issues du jour, but if those aren't the rules then I can't get too excited about teams signing players who have served their punishments. I'm not sure I agree with a lifetime ban for domestic abuse. As someone mentioned, Bobby Cox had a run in with that. While that did lower my view of Bobby forever, I'm not sure his professional career needed to end because of once reported incident.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,130 Posts
    So the the group of reporters can't be in a room with someone who says certain things that may or may not be directed at them? That was the crime?
    Has your level of moronic-ism now extended past the topic of baseball?

It is blatantly obvious he was making comments directed at this female reporter, and he was making them due to her objections over the Astros employing a woman beater. It takes exactly three brain cells to understand what's going on here.

Is the guy a punk? Definitely. Should he be fired or banned or castrated or executed? Probably not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Has your level of moronic-ism now extended past the topic of baseball?

It is blatantly obvious he was making comments directed at this female reporter, and he was making them due to her objections over the Astros employing a woman beater. It takes exactly three brain cells to understand what's going on here.

Is the guy a punk? Definitely. Should he be fired or banned or castrated or executed? Probably not.
    Was he making them with the intention of defending the teams acquisition or domestic violence? Lets assume that the comments were made directly towards the reporters. Can someone not defend themselves against what I assume were very critical articles of the organization?
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts

What SI reported was that he said: "Thank God we got Osuna. I'm so f***king glad we got Osuna".

I don't know if he intended his statements to be directed towards the reporters or not. I tend to think he probably did say it for their benefit, but I'm not sure that really matters.

An adult, particularly a reporter, ought to be able to handle a profanity being said in their presence. A reporter also ought to be able to handle an angry reaction about his or her story without melting.

I think probably the reporter in question didn't melt into a pool of goo, but this whole little controversy makes it seem like she did. And that's too bad. I bet she's tougher than that. The profession is tougher than that.
    Last edited by Southcack77; 10-23-2019 at 03:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,538 Posts
    Was he making them with the intention of defending the teams acquisition or domestic violence? Lets assume that the comments were made directly towards the reporters. Can someone not defend themselves against what I assume were very critical articles of the organization?
    there's classy self-defense and there's thuggish self-defense

well for hiring Osuna maybe there is no classy self-defense
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post

People can't make mistakes?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,538 Posts
    People can't make mistakes?
    of course...i keep giving you second chances to make a thoughtful post...on any topic

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    of course...i keep giving you second chances to make a thoughtful post...on any topic
    Your kindness does not go unnoticed.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,538 Posts
    Your kindness does not go unnoticed.
    no kind deed goes unrewarded...one hopes

"I am your retribution."

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    your point is 100% moot because no crime was committed.

to address your moot point, tho, i think character is a very important part of any team or fellowship. it's completely within any team or league's rights to investigate and impose their own punishments. with the celebrity around these athletes, and the money invested in them, it's appropriate for teams or leagues to take action.
    I know that Taubman commuted no crime but I understand how he could have animosity towards those reporters if they’re the sort that create the current environment.

Honestly I just hate the present environment. People complain about everything and will never stop complaining but the minute someone expresses frustration about the complaining they’re a terrible person who should be silenced. Things used to be better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,538 Posts

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts

thuggish by definition implies violence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,520 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, if you want to agitate to get the guy fired that's fine with me. It's a free country for the moment.

I think the guy acted like an unprofessional dickhead. If the Astros want to fire him for that, fine. If they don't, I don't think really think anything he did was particularly "terrible."

I get that some folks believe that players should get lifetime bans for running afoul of certain issues du jour, but if those aren't the rules then I can't get too excited about teams signing players who have served their punishments. I'm not sure I agree with a lifetime ban for domestic abuse. As someone mentioned, Bobby Cox had a run in with that. While that did lower my view of Bobby forever, I'm not sure his professional career needed to end because of once reported incident.
    I have no plans to agitate anything. What the Astros choose to do doesn't cause me to lose sleep. But, it would be nice to see them address the issue instead of trying to deflect it/cover it up.

I don't think the guy should necessarily get fired. But if I was running a business, there's no way I'd let an employee get away with that. If nothing else, it just looks bad on me and my brand.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    The guy is a chauvinist buffoon who said something rude.

Fine. Fire him if it matches his pattern of behavior.

I would probably never hang out with the guy (who I am 100% sure is a Trumpkin, and I would bet any amount of money on it being true), but he doesn't need to be executed, or banned from baseball...or whatever over reactionary punishment the PC fools are clamoring for.

He's just another white male lamenting the "raw deal" white males have been getting the last 5-10 years.
    Damnit, I was hoping you were serious about the ball sack hat.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    This was pretty gross by Taubman if the reported facts are true and its definitely something that could be considered fire-worthy. But its not too hard to find a small amount of sympathy for anyone who finds themselves in the bullseye of the public shaming machine. Its just a by-product of social media and its a completely natural evolution of human behavior, but its still pretty nuts how often non-criminal behavior gets the same amount of public scorn as an actual crime.