Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WEDNESDAY MINORS FINAL: 6/618: Another Soroka gem

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I guess I'm probably the only one that is kinda let down by Pache so far...

.286/.309/.410
    17.6 k, 3.6 bb
    4/8 SB

I realize he is young and far from a finished product, but I expected better numbers
    Yeah. You probably are. Kidding. Pache is doing well for where his development is. Gaining a new swing and holding your own in games is no small feat. Plus, that defense....man. If you’ve not gotten to see him, you forget he’s still a kid. He was thought to be on less footing than Derian Cruz, but that quickly changed. He’s just ok now, but I expect him to take off further in the second half.

Next, AA or Bridges alluded to people in the organization who are better equipped to help with bat plane/launch angles. Seems a few have benefited. But man, AJax has regressed. Sigh.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Yeah...Jackson and Cumberland. I expected both to mash.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,492 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Some things to remember - very young for level and the power has shown up a little . Both encouraging points ...

I don’t think age/level gets enough weight in prospect evals
    Also worth noting that the FSL is one of, if not the least offensive league in all of the minors.

Danville Rookie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deester11 View Post
    Yeah. You probably are. Kidding. Pache is doing well for where his development is. Gaining a new swing and holding your own in games is no small feat. Plus, that defense....man. If you’ve not gotten to see him, you forget he’s still a kid. He was thought to be on less footing than Derian Cruz, but that quickly changed. He’s just ok now, but I expect him to take off further in the second half.

Next, AA or Bridges alluded to people in the organization who are better equipped to help with bat plane/launch angles. Seems a few have benefited. But man, AJax has regressed. Sigh.
    He’s got 3 HR’s when he had 0 in the last 2 years combined. He’s hitting more doubles and his OPS is up all in a notorious pitchers league. Combine that with his defense Idk how he’s not a consensus top 50 prospect.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ball4life32 View Post
    He’s got 3 HR’s when he had 0 in the last 2 years combined. He’s hitting more doubles and his OPS is up all in a notorious pitchers league. Combine that with his defense Idk how he’s not a consensus top 50 prospect.
    That’s my point. He’s more than holding his own. If he were still in Rome, he’d have double the HR’s. I’m still excited about him. Very much so. Work to be done sure but he’s on a good trajectory.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts

.286/.309/.410
    17.6 k, 3.6 bb
    4/8 SB

I realize he is young and far from a finished product, but I expected better numbers
    Yeah, you probably had unrealistic expectations. I've been a pump the brakes guy on his superstardom and still am, but he's drastically improved his power this offseason despite advancing a level and moving to a notorious pitcher's league.

And he's not really sacrificed too much in his peripherals to do that.

And he is still young for the level.

I'm more convinced there is a chance he'll be a star now than I was six months ago.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Southcack77 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (06-07-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    Also worth noting that the FSL is one of, if not the least offensive league in all of the minors.
    i think the only thing disappointing offensively is the k/bb ratio, which a league as a whole shouldn't affect. the power development is more good than the k/bb is bad, tho IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Yeah, you probably had unrealistic expectations. I've been a pump the brakes guy on his superstardom and still am, but he's drastically improved his power this offseason despite advancing a level and moving to a notorious pitcher's league.

And he's not really sacrificed too much in his peripherals to do that.

And he is still young for the level.

I'm more convinced there is a chance he'll be a star now than I was six months ago.
    I just expected acuna 2.0 with better defense. I don't see why expecting Pache to be destroying AA by now is unreasonable

Lol

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts
    Ynoa...
    5.0 ip. 4 h 0 r 1 bb 9 k

Last 2 starts...
    11.0 ip 8 h 0 r 2 bb 18 k
    He might make the Hot Sheet next week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ball4life32 View Post
    His offense now is better than I expected it to ever be after what I saw last year. He didn't just look lost at the plate, he looked lost and blind. He has to have been putting in some serious work since then because he looks like a different person now.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,127 Posts

.286/.309/.410
    17.6 k, 3.6 bb
    4/8 SB

He is going to improve offensively in fits and spurts. He is still extremely young for A+ ball...3+ years younger than the average player.

The amount of hype surrounding him was absurd, and driven mostly by the unusual success enjoyed by Albies and Acuna.

Remember one highly intelligent poster claiming "The Braves will be trading Inciarte within the year due to Pache"? There is an entire thread started by that intelligent poster's protege devoted to pimping Pache...and it is now all but dead.

Folks love to pimp the guy going well, and then predictably go silent when he starts to struggle. All part of the fickle fan experience. Remember how down folks got on Albies after struggling for a month in AAA while recovering from a broken elbow? There is no rational thought for most people when it comes to their favorite team.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 06-07-2018 at 11:23 AM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deester11 View Post
    But man, AJax has regressed. Sigh.
    I was told AJax was on his way to becoming a Top 50 prospect.

What the hell happened??

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    I was told AJax was on his way to becoming a Top 50 prospect.

What the hell happened??
    He definitely regressed. He and Riley looked to be on the same path. I didn’t think he would be a star, but I’m pretty surprised that he has fallen off. I thought he had finally figured things out. Was always a lottery ticket to me. Not looking good for Jackson at this point sadly.
    Last edited by TheBravos; 06-07-2018 at 02:21 PM.